The cube vst

Discuss VST stuff here!
Popey
Competition Winner

15 Mar 2023

Gas got the better of me and I bought synthmaster one whilst it was cheap at plugin boutique.

The current freebie is the cube and think I am enjoying it more than the synth. Very pleasantly surprised at this.

Well worth checking out imo.

moalla

15 Mar 2023

At this poin same GAS manner has infected me :P , yeah I still clean up my system now, to have enough free space on my drive for this firepresser like synth, I´m curious what this seismic rumble shit will sounds like. Looks realy interesting, bought it together with Cherry´s succeful emulated Elka X synth...
https://soundcloud.com/user-594407128
Reason12.5, Yamaha EG112, Ibanez PF10, RhythmWolf, Miniak, Ipad+SparkLE
SE2200t :arrow: VAS micpre MOTO:better repair-mod well made stuff than buy the next crap

joeyluck

15 Mar 2023

Yeah I just picked this up as well. I bought Cryogen from Glitchmachines for $7. Looking forward to checking them both out :-)

joeyluck

15 Mar 2023

At first I thought this was by the same devs who made the free VST, Retro Pong....but that's Lunatic Audio and this is Lunacy Audio lol

Narcotic is a motion plugin by Lunatic Audio, which also looks very cool. I wonder if these two devs are aware of each other...

Popey
Competition Winner

16 Mar 2023

slightly dissapointed to find that the mini version does not allow you to import your own samples. I knew it has less shapes and no mod but thought i would be able to do that.

Full version is £159 so bit pricey at that cost but i will definitely keep an eye out for sales on this.

joeyluck

16 Mar 2023

Popey wrote:
16 Mar 2023
slightly dissapointed to find that the mini version does not allow you to import your own samples. I knew it has less shapes and no mod but thought i would be able to do that.

Full version is £159 so bit pricey at that cost but i will definitely keep an eye out for sales on this.
Yeah I was confused too. I had seen drag and drop sample loading mentioned as a pro feature, but figured that just meant you had to browse for your own samples and just couldn't drag and drop. And they still say it has "8 samplers", but it doesn't sample.

And can I not move the "meatball" around? I could in the tutorial...

Popey
Competition Winner

16 Mar 2023

joeyluck wrote:
16 Mar 2023
Popey wrote:
16 Mar 2023

Yeah I was confused too. I had seen drag and drop sample loading mentioned as a pro feature, but figured that just meant you had to browse for your own samples and just couldn't drag and drop. And they still say it has "8 samplers", but it doesn't sample.

Best I could do was randomize the meatball to make it dance differently. Seems the main vst has loads of fun inventive features but the mini is just restricted a bit too much.

I am sure I will get some use out of it though as switching the on board samples in existing presets gave good results. Will probably pick it up when it's cheaper at some point as concept is good.

joeyluck

16 Mar 2023

Popey wrote:
16 Mar 2023
joeyluck wrote:
16 Mar 2023

Best I could do was randomize the meatball to make it dance differently. Seems the main vst has loads of fun inventive features but the mini is just restricted a bit too much.

I am sure I will get some use out of it though as switching the on board samples in existing presets gave good results. Will probably pick it up when it's cheaper at some point as concept is good.
I just realized that I just need to turn off Orbit Motion to move it around. There are some presets where it is on, but there is no visible motion (such as Antiquated Bellows or Aphrodite), and I couldn't click and drag it around, so I was just confused.

• Information