finally found a breakbeat i've been searching for a long time (marvellous break)

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
dan_g

15 Mar 2023

this might not be very intressting for a lot of folks. but i did it. i finally found the break that was used as a basis for the track "T'raenon" by Photek. the track might be one one my alltime favorite Atmospheric Drum'n'bass Tunes. i always was in the look for this breakbeat but i could not find any clue. sure, folks said that he creates his own breaks out of oneshots but i somehow doubted this. today i know i was right thinking it must be an old funk break.

and now the breakbeat. around the 0:19 second marc. in T'raenon it has bin layerd with some splash cymbals but is almost kept unaltered regarding its sounds. and i really really love the programming and chopping from Rupert on this one.

maybe this is old news for the old breakbeat hunters out there, but for me its a revelation.
:reason: :record: :re: :refill: :ignition: - 12 - Hobbyist
minimal techno - deep minimal dubstep - drum 'n' bass/neurofunk - brostep/deathstep - band recording

New Release: https://open.spotify.com/track/5mQ1XEQtZcVeFVfZvcS5kw

Quarmat
Competition Winner

16 Mar 2023

Well, very much interesting. It's knoweledge! and I crave for it. I discovered Photek in the late 90s becasue a couple tracks of theirs were on the Wipeout2097 soundtrack. Very dark and outer-space sounding music, with subtle jazz flavour. Thank you for sharing!

dan_g

16 Mar 2023

Quarmat wrote:
16 Mar 2023
Well, very much interesting. It's knoweledge! and I crave for it. I discovered Photek in the late 90s becasue a couple tracks of theirs were on the Wipeout2097 soundtrack. Very dark and outer-space sounding music, with subtle jazz flavour. Thank you for sharing!
you're welcome. i always was in the look out for all the classic breaks used in the ealry drum'n'bass days shortly after the transition from jungle. when i think of drum'n'bass, i always think of this specific timeframe. or even more specific to the CD Compilations i got from a friend back in 2004. To name a few:

Lost in Space Drum'n'Bass Phase 0002 & 0003 From 1997
Vorsprung durch Drum & Bass from 1997
The Different Colours of Drum'n'bass
Atmospheric Drum & Bass Vol. 4

I could go on about this topic for longer and longer. i really love that oldschool stuff.
:reason: :record: :re: :refill: :ignition: - 12 - Hobbyist
minimal techno - deep minimal dubstep - drum 'n' bass/neurofunk - brostep/deathstep - band recording

New Release: https://open.spotify.com/track/5mQ1XEQtZcVeFVfZvcS5kw

• Information