SSL Native FlexVerb $16.01 (97% off)

Discuss VST stuff here!
MrFigg
Competition Winner

15 Mar 2023

https://www.jrrshop.com/ssl-native-flexverb
$16.01 in cart with code FORUM.
Seems to be £279 everywhere else but that might just be a kid on price.
Anybody know anything about it?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

WaxTrax

15 Mar 2023

I'm seeing it for $17.99 USD at a few different places. Just curious, what makes this reverb great compared to some others? Got my finger on the trigger, but need more GAS justification! :lol:

Edit: answered my own question via this video:

Loque

15 Mar 2023

I have Fabfilter R, which has control over the decay in the spectrum, so no need for this feature.

The interesting thing can be with this reverb, to control the early reflection, but I think you can do similar things with extra reverb or delays.

If you don't have many reverbs, this can be interesting, especially at the price. In the end it mostly depends on the overall sound and if you need it.
Reason12, Win10

Mataya

15 Mar 2023

Try it. I tired it and compared it with Softube and UAD's Lexicon. I liked this one a lot. My problem is with having a lot of different things from different companies. They each have they own registration/authorization/marketing nonsense and it's hard for me to keep track. I've used in my post production work. Room simulations and environments. Divided spectrum option was great.
After using uad stuff for a long time, plugin alliance gives me kind of a same experience and even quality.
A really nice sounding reverb with all the options you would need. Go for it if you don't mind dealing with new company and their "culture".

M

MrFigg
Competition Winner

15 Mar 2023

Tried it. Didn’t like it.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

moalla

15 Mar 2023

If this sounds as weak as their ssl comp emu compared with propellerheads ssl comp, than this is another hyped GUI joke.... Still remeber a discussion what´s the best church reverb, Liquid Sonics Reverberate2 together with RV7000mk7 with really smiliar Gui´s are the winners for me, followed by Acon Veberate 2 algorythmic reverb. Still the exponential audio reverb technology is a another expensive gem of it´s own class, now bought by Izotope.... SolidSnakeLogic meeeh not for me, as well their drumstrip isn´t on top to beat the free britpressor or lindells 7x-500 plug.....
But everyone has different ears, decides different, but when money doesn't matter go for it, if someone want to hear a serious statement^^
https://soundcloud.com/user-594407128
Reason12.5, Yamaha EG112, Ibanez PF10, RhythmWolf, Miniak, Ipad+SparkLE
SE2200t :arrow: VAS micpre MOTO:better repair-mod well made stuff than buy the next crap

guitfnky

15 Mar 2023

bought it on sale a few months ago and it’s not great. I mean, it sounds good, but it eats DSP, and “good” doesn’t sound any better than any other half decent reverb. buy it if you just have to have the GUI (it is pretty), but otherwise, don’t even spend the $15 on it. they always have their plugins on sale anyway, so definitely avoid it at the exorbitant full price.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

NMHindman

16 Mar 2023

Bought it for $29, I think, some months back. I like other SSL plugins (their saturator is great), but this one is a CPU hog which has prevented me from using it much (unlike the other SSL plugs I have which are notably efficient)

EdGrip

17 Mar 2023

Exponential's R2 and Phoenixverb have both been offered at giveaway prices of late. I got them both, as the reverb nerd that I am.

moalla

17 Mar 2023

EdGrip wrote:
17 Mar 2023
Exponential's R2 and Phoenixverb have both been offered at giveaway prices of late. I got them both, as the reverb nerd that I am.
Hey EdGrip i found a not registered license for Nimbus for sale, did you know this plugin code will still working 6months after Izotopes sale of now discontinued Exponential stuff? I‘m a little bit confused that musicstore or bestservice still listed Nimbus on their website!?

You know it‘s not m1 apple silicon compatible, of course no longer updated... One point more for me not to buy a macbook for audio usage in the future!
https://soundcloud.com/user-594407128
Reason12.5, Yamaha EG112, Ibanez PF10, RhythmWolf, Miniak, Ipad+SparkLE
SE2200t :arrow: VAS micpre MOTO:better repair-mod well made stuff than buy the next crap

tallguy

18 Mar 2023

I quite like it. Being the lazy git that I am, I like the fact it has an EQ, compressor and that multiplier build in. Everything in one clear interface

But man, the CPU usage is painful. Anything that goes over 10% CPU usage is a big no-no in my book unless it brings something really amazing to the table. Switching off the different parts like the EQ or compressor doesn't seem to make any difference either.

I'll sleep on that for a night.

• Information