Sonarworks Sound ID - Room control

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
hadmyrackextended

15 Mar 2023

Does anyone use it and if so, how are you set up in Reason? (R11 suite in my case).
Do you apply system wide OR as the VST last in line before the HW interface.

The VST seems to work well and stable sitting at the top BUT when you are running Reason and ALSO want to audition a sample from splice in the web browser for example, there are audio glitches/latency and the whole thing seems to breakdown.

I will have another go at applying system wide BUT when I initially did this, you have to select Sonarworks Virtual Driver inside Reason, which introduces horrible latency.

I have a Focusrite 2i4 (older) interface.
PC is decent spec. SSD/M.2 drives - Intel i5 11th Gen. 16GB Ram etc. No issues there.

Cheers.

PhillipOrdonez

15 Mar 2023

I use the vst within the daw, systemwide is for the system sound. No issues anywhere, though i use Loopcloud for samples and that also goes through reason as a vst. I can play stuff from the browser without issues though, just checked. Windows 10, Audient ID 14 interface.

Edit: worth mentioning I'm on the older version called sonarworks reference (I think), not sound ID

hadmyrackextended

17 Mar 2023

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
15 Mar 2023
I use the vst within the daw, systemwide is for the system sound. No issues anywhere, though i use Loopcloud for samples and that also goes through reason as a vst. I can play stuff from the browser without issues though, just checked. Windows 10, Audient ID 14 interface.

Edit: worth mentioning I'm on the older version called sonarworks reference (I think), not sound ID
Thanks! I think I might contact their support.

Also it might be the fact I'm on an old 2i4 interface rather than the newer USB C gizmo. Maybe the newer drivers are just better for the latest devices.
Might be time to upgrade to the 3rd gen solo or something as i only ever record voice.

• Information