Request : ultra low frequency oscillator

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
visheshl

13 Mar 2023

i have a special request to Reason Studios or to RE Devs,
Could someone please build a ULFO device?
With frequency not in cycles per second but cycles pet minute. Ranging from one minute cycle to 10 minute long cycles....it could have only basic waveforms like sin, triangle, and ramp up, ramp down.

Would be SUPER super helpful in extremely long Generative live sets....which could go on for hours...

For example i program two very different sets of ambiances and use a cross fader to crossfade between them, however very very slowly... example it fades in and out every 4-5 minutes....

This is just one example, it could be super helpful very long modulations of other things too

jam-s

13 Mar 2023

I'm sure that you can build one ULFO with all the fine CV tools available in Reason. Even some Thors should be able to do the trick.

Loque

13 Mar 2023

Automation, which generates your CV of you need it.

Don't forget, that the resolution of CV is not that high, do you could hear the changes of the CV value when it is very slow.
Reason12, Win10

visheshl

13 Mar 2023

Hmm....ok I'll need to put on my thinking cap...
Hmmmmm...

this feels like harry potter, and Dumbledore and hagrid giving harry clues but not telling him the solution directly ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Ok I'll figure it out...thor is a clue...

madmacman

14 Mar 2023

There was an attempt some time ago:

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... /lpcvfree/

Not sure if it fits your needs.

buddard
RE Developer

14 Mar 2023

Loque wrote: โ†‘
13 Mar 2023

Don't forget, that the resolution of CV is not that high, do you could hear the changes of the CV value when it is very slow.
The CV value resolution is very high, 32 bit float, just like the audio. So you can make very smooth changes even at extremely slow speeds :-)
You might be thinking about MIDI CC?
Robotic Bean

ย ย 

visheshl

14 Mar 2023

buddard wrote: โ†‘
14 Mar 2023
13 Mar 2023

The CV value resolution is very high, 32 bit float, just like the audio. So you can make very smooth changes even at extremely slow speeds :-)
Thanks man, thats good to know, that i don't have to worry about stepping in the waveform

madmacman

14 Mar 2023

14 Mar 2023
And I always thought that CV would be only something like Midi CC in disguise. :o

buddard
RE Developer

14 Mar 2023

madmacman wrote: โ†‘
14 Mar 2023
14 Mar 2023
And I always thought that CV would be only something like Midi CC in disguise. :o
Nope! The thing that makes it more limited compared with audio is the time resolution -- CV values are only updated once per batch (where a batch is either 64 samples or the size of your audio card buffer, depending on audio settings).
Robotic Bean

ย ย 

selig
RE Developer

14 Mar 2023

14 Mar 2023
13 Mar 2023

Came here to say the same. There are plenty of LFOS in Reason that can go this low with a little extra CV help, the main limitation is not having the tool tip read the correct rate.
Selig Audio, LLC

huggermugger

14 Mar 2023

Go big or go home...
Attachments
Screen Shot 2023-03-14 at 9.58.52 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-03-14 at 9.58.52 AM.png (54.41 KiB) Viewed 530 times

jam-s

14 Mar 2023

huggermugger wrote: โ†‘
14 Mar 2023
Go big or go home...
I wonder if they'd actually write code for the lower settings or simply give out a constant value.

Loque

14 Mar 2023

14 Mar 2023
13 Mar 2023

Well, fun time to time I hear artefacts when modulating. Maybe the device does not support enough value range.
Reason12, Win10

selig
RE Developer

17 Mar 2023

14 Mar 2023
14 Mar 2023

Well, fun time to time I hear artefacts when modulating. Maybe the device does not support enough value range.
What source, what destination?
Selig Audio, LLC

• Information