Tonicmint ScaleMatrix in the shop.

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Vil
RE Developer

09 Mar 2023

Now CV outs on the back side!

Enjoy

;)

crimsonwarlock

09 Mar 2023

Vil wrote:
09 Mar 2023
Now CV outs on the back side!

Enjoy

;)
Thank you. I asked for this, so this is great. No more workarounds (which did work, though).
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

visheshl

12 Mar 2023

This is a scalematrix appreciation post.
Tonicmint, Dude you are a god.....i am in complete awe of scalematrix....
For me scalematrix thing is the best thing that has happened since sliced bread.

Thank you so so much for making this important rack extension.
🙏

I have a small request though, could you do probability dividing knobs below the note probabilities ?

Im trying to do a One hour Self generative live set.
Now most of the times i would like to constrain the generated chords to the usual root third fifth, seventh or ninth, but id like to add a verry little bit of dissonace to the live set.... basically lets say id like to add a second or a fourth note but maybe once in ten fifteen minutes....is this possible to do ?
So lets say i set the second note to the lowest possible probability...but click the radio button below it and it makes the probability to even half of the lowest setting on the slider....so it generates a slightly dissonant tone but once in probably ten minutes....

joeyluck

13 Mar 2023

I am very late to the party and had totally overlooked the strumming capability of this!

The approach with the lag curve makes it one of the most straight forward and best options for strumming.

I might've overlooked it because of the feature being called lag? Or because the player is just called "ScaleMatrix | Chord Player"? I see strumming mentioned in the notes, but perhaps it could be called "ScaleMatrix | Chord and Strum Player"?

visheshl

22 May 2023

Ok request to tonicmint.
I wanted to create a new thread, but thought this would be a better place.

So what i wanted to do was use an lfo or other mod source to switch between scale slots in scale matrix.
Would it be possible for u please add a cv in for the scale switcher knob ?

Bes
Competition Winner

22 May 2023

do you have ScaleMatrix wrapped in a combinator with a free CV in port? the channel select knob is automatable
- Certified Reason expert

Vil
RE Developer

22 May 2023

Yes, this is my suggestion too. Connect your desired CV source to a CV input of the combi (the new version of the combinator) and setup the combinator to control the scale selection by this cv input.

• Information