RE Updated - Sign In Required...

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
jaeproduced

13 Mar 2023

I just updated one of my Rack Extensions and now every time I launch Reason I have to sign in via the internet. I can understand the first time after I download or update a Rack Extension BUT every single time now I have to connect to the internet just to use Reason...wtf

_andreypetr_

13 Mar 2023

jaeproduced wrote:
13 Mar 2023
I just updated one of my Rack Extensions and now every time I launch Reason I have to sign in via the internet. I can understand the first time after I download or update a Rack Extension BUT every single time now I have to connect to the internet just to use Reason...wtf
You can try sync all option in your account rack extension tab on the site

DaveyG

13 Mar 2023

Yeah, try a sync all.

There has always been a ghost in the machine when it comes to authorisation. My machine is authorised but occasionally Reason will still insist on me logging in, and sometimes the standalone works fine but the RRP will demand a login. There is no logic to it that I can discern so I think it is just buggy.

Aosta

13 Mar 2023

Agreed, sync all should clear it.
You probably still have an expired trial RE in your authorizer
Tend the flame

crimsonwarlock

13 Mar 2023

If you didn't need to sign in before, that might mean you have your computer authorized for offline use. In that case, you probably need to re-authorize your computer.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

dioxide

13 Mar 2023

Check to see if you have any demos active?

jaeproduced

13 Mar 2023

I have tons of rack extension that I don't use that if I did a Sync All would download to take up way too much internal hard drive space. So that's not an option at all.

joeyluck

13 Mar 2023

jaeproduced wrote:
13 Mar 2023
I have tons of rack extension that I don't use that if I did a Sync All would download to take up way too much internal hard drive space. So that's not an option at all.
Are you using Authorizer or Companion? You'll need to use Authorizer to write the licenses to your computer.

Aside from Sync All, you could try removing and adding back the license. Go to My Account > My Products > Rack Extensions > Manage Rack Extension License. Authorizer will launch. Then choose to "Remove License" from your computer and then add it back. That should do it, I would think.

Another thing you could try is to go to your RackExtensions folder on your computer and delete the .cache files. Then when you start Reason, the license will update again. That may or may not work.

Jac459

13 Mar 2023

Is it inside reason really or as a reason rack ?
Bitwig and RRP fanboy...

• Information