The new Instrument, "Objekt" is coming in May

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
PhillipOrdonez

11 Mar 2023

Floyd42 wrote:
11 Mar 2023
I guess, the whole Song in the Teaser Video IS from the new synth.
That's my guess as well.

Loque

11 Mar 2023

Did the guy at the end said tympani kicks?
Reason12, Win10

OverneathTheSkyBridg

11 Mar 2023

It's going to be a drum synth, maybe Reason's take on what the Elektron Syntakt does. They've already got the makings of that in the Kong device as others have noticed, so it makes sense. They haven't really gone in that direction yet.

dusan.cani

11 Mar 2023

Loque wrote:
11 Mar 2023
dusan.cani wrote:
11 Mar 2023

It's a huge difference between general synth and drumsynth with features specifically tailored for drum/percussion type of sounds.
You can try this one for example. A dedicated drum synth replicating the TR909 kick drum with far more control than the original.
viewtopic.php?p=590542#p590542
I can't try it because I am on Reason 10 :lol: Are there some audio examples of different flavours of kick ? What instruments are inside the combi ?

Of course you can build some synth percussion through combining multiple general synths. But it is not as straightforward as one dedicated instrument which contains modules for all basic percussion sounds.
Reaktor has couple of serious drumsynth ensembles that exactly fit my description. But native RE would be awesome.

SebAudio

12 Mar 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote:
10 Mar 2023
So, it is basically Friktion-2 :puf_bigsmile:

All this time I was thinking along the lines of Yamaha's VL-1...

Or even the VP-1...

The promise of « new sounds with quality of acoustic ones » was there with the VL-1 at the time. Hyper instruments, surrealist instruments and so on. It didn’t find a lot of fans. Even the moderately priced physical modeling soft synths are not all the rage. Listening to the « strange sounds » of the above video, I feel a metallic quality and a sameness in the sounds that convince me of a very narrow range of usages. Let’s see what Propellerhead comes with to engage us !

Loque

12 Mar 2023

dusan.cani wrote:
11 Mar 2023
Loque wrote:
11 Mar 2023

You can try this one for example. A dedicated drum synth replicating the TR909 kick drum with far more control than the original.
viewtopic.php?p=590542#p590542
I can't try it because I am on Reason 10 :lol: Are there some audio examples of different flavours of kick ? What instruments are inside the combi ?

Of course you can build some synth percussion through combining multiple general synths. But it is not as straightforward as one dedicated instrument which contains modules for all basic percussion sounds.
Reaktor has couple of serious drumsynth ensembles that exactly fit my description. But native RE would be awesome.
Here are a few examples, some random and some i was experimenting with a while ago. You can also find a closer match to a 909 in thread with the patch.
Attachments
example909.mp3
(392.86 KiB) Downloaded 48 times
Reason12, Win10

Faastwalker

13 Mar 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote:
10 Mar 2023
So, it is basically Friktion-2 :puf_bigsmile:

All this time I was thinking along the lines of Yamaha's VL-1...
I've never seen or heard the Yamaha VL-1 / VP-1 before. Wow! Very interesting, and useful sounds for soundtracking / soundscapes for sure.

Yep, Hope new instrument is basically this in an RE. Watching some more vids on YouTube. Some amazing & unique sounds :thumbup:

Jac459

13 Mar 2023

The VP1 and VL1 were like the dream beyond dream instruments, at an unaccessible price tag at this time...
Bitwig and RRP fanboy...

crimsonwarlock

13 Mar 2023

Jac459 wrote:
13 Mar 2023
The VP1 and VL1 were like the dream beyond dream instruments, at an unaccessible price tag at this time...
Indeed. It was one of those or a brand-new car… and I had money for neither :puf_bigsmile:

I'd say Friktion already goes into VL-1 territory, and at an affordable price :thumbup:
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

wowhow
Competition Winner

13 Mar 2023

I'm thinking it's a physical modeling synth but more fun/cartoonish/intuitive design for playing with the parameters.
I love how reason always designs synths that are more cute/fisherprice/apple compared to other synths that feel more sci-fi and futuristic/space exploration.
Of course the amount of technical exploration possible on reason synths are just loads of fun.

Professional and fun. Reason.

joeyluck

13 Mar 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote:
13 Mar 2023
Jac459 wrote:
13 Mar 2023
Indeed. It was one of those or a brand-new car… and I had money for neither :puf_bigsmile:

I'd say Friktion already goes into VL-1 territory, and at an affordable price :thumbup:
As for physical modeling hardware synths, Korg Prophecy is a great one that's affordable. That's one of my all-time favorite synths. There's also a plugin now...

MuttReason

13 Mar 2023

A Yamaha VL70m in RE form would be great. The VL70m was a kind of VL1 for the masses (ancient review here: https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/yamaha-vl70m-0) and I recorded and gigged with it for about 10 years with various bands. I used it with a wind controller (a Yamaha WX) and it was an extraordinary beast, really sounded alive with all the complexities of a wind instrument but with a bunch of weirdness on top. One of several bits of hardware I really regret selling years later.

avasopht
Competition Winner

13 Mar 2023

My money is on:
1. Physical modelling (multiple acoustic models).
2. Deep learning-based instrument (like Google's NSynth).
3. AI-powered synthesis (finds synthesis models to best match a recorded sound).
4. Analogue modelling.
5. Simple but valuable addition to existing stock synths (e.g. proper unison, oversampling, analogue characteristics such as wear, etc).

crimsonwarlock

14 Mar 2023

avasopht wrote:
13 Mar 2023
My money is on:
1. Physical modelling (multiple acoustic models).
2. Deep learning-based instrument (like Google's NSynth).
3. AI-powered synthesis (finds synthesis models to best match a recorded sound).
4. Analogue modelling.
5. Simple but valuable addition to existing stock synths (e.g. proper unison, oversampling, analogue characteristics such as wear, etc).
That's more of a wishlist than a prediction :puf_bigsmile:
Last edited by crimsonwarlock on 14 Mar 2023, edited 1 time in total.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

Quarmat
Competition Winner

14 Mar 2023

RS on the Instagram is asking for ppl into Afrobeat and/or Organica. So definitely the new synth is something like physical modeling that goes well with percussion sounds.

svenh

14 Mar 2023

wowhow wrote:
13 Mar 2023
I'm thinking it's a physical modeling synth but more fun/cartoonish/intuitive design for playing with the parameters.
I love how reason always designs synths that are more cute/fisherprice/apple compared to other synths that feel more sci-fi and futuristic/space exploration.
Of course the amount of technical exploration possible on reason synths are just loads of fun.

Professional and fun. Reason.
I am one of all those who are not super fond of Reason as a daw, but I have always LOVED the Propellerhead/Reason Studios made plugins! I LOVE their sound and creativity combined with their aesthetics - simple and colorful! So rewarding to use!

geronimo

14 Mar 2023

What we want is M1 compatibility !

jam-s

14 Mar 2023

geronimo wrote:
14 Mar 2023
What I want is M1 compatibility !
Fixed it for you, as I couldn't care less about it. But now back to topic:

How many teasers do you expect before possibly a live-stream to present this new synth?

crimsonwarlock

14 Mar 2023

jam-s wrote:
14 Mar 2023
How many teasers do you expect before possibly a live-stream to present this new synth?
I think at last 2 or 3 teasers :puf_wink:

I'm actually looking forward more to the livestream than the instrument itself :puf_bigsmile:
-------

Bes
Competition Winner

14 Mar 2023

1 teaser per week until livestream which is at least 7 weeks away at this point imo. but the teasers will become more informative click bait and less marketing click bait
- Certified Reason expert

Goriila Texas

14 Mar 2023

I'm from Houston and have been to NASA almost every year on fieldtrips as a kid ain't noway that gear and vehicles make it in space lol :lol:

buddard wrote:
06 Mar 2023
Goriila Texas wrote:
05 Mar 2023
Believers can't explain how the flag is waving when the moon has no wind or how space suits with tin foil type protection is good enough radiation in space but when you go to get an x-ray nurses give you a thick lead garment to wear for protection. We're talking 1969 tech but haven't been back considering all the technological advancements in over 50 years.
Except all these statements can be debunked by googling for 5 minutes :puf_smile:

Faastwalker

15 Mar 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote:
14 Mar 2023
jam-s wrote:
14 Mar 2023
I think at last 2 or 3 teasers :puf_wink:
May feels like a long way off with this one! Hope they show more than just gawping faces ASAP :D

Wonder when we'll actually see the thing, know the name, and actually see what it's all about :thumbup:

dusan.cani

15 Mar 2023

Goriila Texas wrote:
05 Mar 2023
We're talking 1969 tech but haven't been back considering all the technological advancements in over 50 years.
It's impossible to land on a celestial light :lol:

dusan.cani

15 Mar 2023

Goriila Texas wrote:
14 Mar 2023
I'm from Houston and have been to NASA almost every year on fieldtrips as a kid ain't noway that gear and vehicles make it in space lol :lol:
NASA and other "outer space" agencies are entertainment companies that produce ridiculous fairy tales for tax payers money. They are mocking masses in front of their eyes with their ISS and other CGI fails yet many of individuals refuse and can't admit it because EGO doesn't allow to disconnect from deep indoctrination which started to form in childhood by whole society - parents, schools, universities, institutions, media, hollywood movies, etc.

PhillipOrdonez

15 Mar 2023

How did this thread got derailed like that?

Simple logic is what the person with the boomer conspiracy theories is lacking:

-If the moon landing was fake the soviets would have been the first to call it out as fake
-the us currently and since then has not had any incentive to use the amount of resources required to go back l

• Information