Future Reason Sequencer/Stand-alone DAW Teaser Video

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Jac459

26 Jun 2022

Creativemind wrote:
26 Jun 2022
Obviously you will say you don't agree but to me, these things matter.
Hey man, I actually agree with you and by the way, thanks a lot for taking the time to answer me and explaining me these things. I never took the time to study enough reaper so it is very valuable for me.
As for creativity you are actually right, I shouldn't have used this word. What I meant was creation killer in the sense that it would prevent me to do something.
Here, as per your explanations it prevent me to be efficient doing these things.
On my side I am still hesitating because exploration and taking time is part of my creative process. I am far from being a beginner but yet, I am not doing music by having it in my head and applying it on a daw. It is more exploratory, u go where my exploration goes.

I guess you are right, the best combo would be to mix reason with a modern feature full daw, I am just lazy of the learning curve.

Another question for you if you don't mind. Why reaper and not logic or live? If I switch away I would try to go to something super mainstream.
Bitwig and RRP fanboy...

craste

06 Mar 2023

Ha I'm loving the new device teaser video - made me think about this post! :o)

kitekrazy

11 Mar 2023

Steedus wrote:
22 Jun 2022
No doubt the introduction of Record with the audio recording, and the SSL mixer among other things, was a momentous step up for Reason (imo).

But if I can be slightly controversial for a moment .. I actually like that Reason's sequencer is more on the basic side.. Sure I'm not a professional. I don't make money from my music, it's purely a hobby. But I also have Logic, and just opening it up, it's like a barrage of options and settings and functions hitting me in the face. No doubt you can achieve alot more using it, but for music creation? It just gets in the way - for me.

btw I love how basic 'social media marketing' was back in the day.
This. It's just easier on the eyes as you get older.

kitekrazy

11 Mar 2023

chimp_spanner wrote:
24 Jun 2022
Steedus wrote:
22 Jun 2022
No doubt the introduction of Record with the audio recording, and the SSL mixer among other things, was a momentous step up for Reason (imo).

But if I can be slightly controversial for a moment .. I actually like that Reason's sequencer is more on the basic side.. Sure I'm not a professional. I don't make money from my music, it's purely a hobby. But I also have Logic, and just opening it up, it's like a barrage of options and settings and functions hitting me in the face. No doubt you can achieve alot more using it, but for music creation? It just gets in the way - for me.

btw I love how basic 'social media marketing' was back in the day.
This is exactly how I feel about Cubase. I have a license for 12 and honestly, I never use it. Just opening up the preferences gives me a headache. It's bloated and horrible to look at. And there are so many menus and little dropdowns and a million different ways for things to work. Plus it looks boring as hell these days. Not sure why they went all monochrome. So yeah I feel you. 100% there is a lot of room for improvement in the sequencer but as I've said time and time again, none of it is radical or paradigm shifting. It's just QOL stuff, some of which Selig already articulated. Track visibility options. Folders. Shortcuts. Live, I feel is great in that regard. First time I realised I could press tab to jump to the next track while renaming I was like hey....that's really nice :lol:
You re not alone. Just opening it up to do some more clicks. Exiting takes 2 clicks.

• Information