USING FIVERR

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
gritz

11 Mar 2023

Hi all

have any of you used FIVERR to employ dancers, video artists, etc for your creative work, as the experience been good?

we are looking at getting a dancer to film her dancing to one of our tracks and I'm very aware of scammers etc, so just want to hear your experiences

DaveyG

11 Mar 2023

I've used it for logos and artwork but not for anything else. There are plenty of dubious looking suppliers on there but also some decent ones. Make sure you message them a few times before you commit - you can tell a lot from their replies.

RobC

11 Mar 2023

Judging by the name, people work for 5 bucks? Gee, must be full of low quality stuff, with the occasional low-self-valuing talent.

crimsonwarlock

11 Mar 2023

RobC wrote:
11 Mar 2023
Judging by the name, people work for 5 bucks?
Nope.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

RobC

11 Mar 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote:
11 Mar 2023
RobC wrote:
11 Mar 2023
Judging by the name, people work for 5 bucks?
Nope.
Either a terrible, or click bait name then.

crimsonwarlock

11 Mar 2023

RobC wrote:
11 Mar 2023
Here it is:
Fiverr takes its name from the $5 asking price attached to all tasks when the company was founded in 2010 in Tel Aviv. These days many sellers charge much more, and the site is increasingly bringing its freelancers high income.
Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiverr
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

RobC

11 Mar 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote:
11 Mar 2023
RobC wrote:
11 Mar 2023
Here it is:
Fiverr takes its name from the $5 asking price attached to all tasks when the company was founded in 2010 in Tel Aviv. These days many sellers charge much more, and the site is increasingly bringing its freelancers high income.
Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiverr
The buyer pays $2 + 5% of the deal. The seller pays 20%. So FIVERR makes out of a "$5" deal: $2 + $0.25 + $1, totalling $ 3.25. The seller makes $4. The buyer actually pays $7.25

Let's see a "$100" deal: $ 27 for FIVERR. $80 for the seller. Costs the buyer $ 100 + $ 2 + $5, totalling $107. - IF I understood correctly what I read from Google's quick results.

Edit, corrected my math fail. x D

wowhow
Competition Winner

11 Mar 2023

I've had someone sing some lyrics for me just for fun on a track I made. It was a really good experience!
As a hobbyist, it was really fun to collaborate with someone across the world on a track I made.

challism

11 Mar 2023

~According to ChatGPT~
Fiverr is a platform where freelancers offer their services to customers worldwide.
Here's how it works:

Browse services: Customers can browse through a wide range of services offered by freelancers, including graphic design, writing, programming, video editing, and more.

Choose a freelancer: Customers can review the freelancer's profile, ratings, and reviews to decide on the best fit for their project.

Place an order: Once the customer has selected a freelancer, they can place an order and provide details about their project requirements.

Communication: The customer and the freelancer can communicate through the Fiverr platform to discuss project details, timelines, and any revisions required.

Payment: Fiverr holds the payment until the project is completed and the customer is satisfied with the work. Once the customer approves the work, the payment is released to the freelancer.

Review and feedback: Customers can leave a review and rating for the freelancer, which helps other customers choose the best freelancer for their projects.

Overall, Fiverr provides a streamlined process for businesses and individuals to connect with talented freelancers and complete projects quickly and efficiently.

The breakdown of money spent, earned, and fees collected/charged on Fiverr is as follows:

For buyers:

The price of services on Fiverr starts at $5 per gig, but freelancers can charge more for more complex or time-consuming projects. Buyers pay the full amount for the project upfront.

Fiverr charges buyers a processing fee of $2 on purchases up to $40 and 5% on purchases above $40.

For sellers:

Freelancers on Fiverr earn money by completing projects for buyers. They set their own rates and Fiverr takes a 20% commission on each project completed.

Sellers can withdraw their earnings through PayPal, bank transfer, or a Fiverr Revenue Card.

Overall, Fiverr provides a transparent platform for buyers and sellers to conduct transactions, with clear pricing and fee structures. Buyers know exactly what they are paying for, and sellers can set their own rates while Fiverr takes care of processing payments and collecting fees.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Overtherainbow

12 Mar 2023

Fiverr has top-notch and expensive talent as well as cheap and passable.

I've used Fiverr for anything from outsourcing voiceover talent in obscure languages for my job, to getting personal lessons on orchestration by the conductor and music director of Montreal's symphonic orchestra.

Fiverr is awesome.

jam-s

12 Mar 2023

Fiver can be pretty nice to take advantage of global economy and thus different amounts of payment. So somebody from a low income country can offer services at a cheap price point in comparison to high income countries and somebody interested in a service can get it comparably cheap when looking from a high income country view.

visheshl

12 Mar 2023

jam-s wrote:
12 Mar 2023
Fiver can be pretty nice to take advantage of global economy and thus different amounts of payment. So somebody from a low income country can offer services at a cheap price point in comparison to high income countries and somebody interested in a service can get it comparably cheap when looking from a high income country view.
Ok i know fiverr is an ok site...but sorry man either you're mistaken or misguiding about the fact that someone from low income countries can earn ther livelihood from fiverr.
Just like this world is a platform to make as much money from you and give you as little as possible, fiverr is the same.
Yeah all freelance websites disguise themselves as a free market where anyone could make their money...they are not.

I like to think of it as im living in some sort of a video game, and video games are designed to extract money(or value in some other form...such as personal information or personal preferences or lifestyle data etc) from you, there is not a single video game on the planet which instantly gives you hard cash directly into your bank account if you complete a task....every video game has a store where you have to spend REAL cash if you want to keep playing, the Game will NOt deposit REAL cash in your bank account if you complete a task in the game...sure it will reward you with some fake in game currency useful for some useless shit unimportant to the gameplay.

So fiverr is the same...its meant to earn money for the website owners...trust me i have tried offering my services on fiverr for cheap.

Anyway, end of rant.

If you really think we in india are making tons of money by offering our cheap services to the Western countries, and taking american jobs, not we are definitely not.
Last edited by visheshl on 12 Mar 2023, edited 1 time in total.

visheshl

12 Mar 2023

Even music production is one such mini game in the open world video game of life, where i have to spend HARD CASH in the video game shop to get the tools required to produce a track. But then when i upload it to Spotify thru an intermediary, all i get is 0.2 dollars as royalty every few months just to make it seem as though the music production mini game is not unfair and it does pay the player back.

However there is a catch, i can only withdraw the money into my bank account if it is above the amout, that the intermediary has set. And they know that it would take almost a decade for the royalties to accumulate above 50$ so that you could withdraw the money into the bank account.

Nevertheless, im not here to analyse video game mechanics, or to analyse theories of value creation or extraction, im here to pursue my passion...and enjoy the game called life for as long as i am permitted to enjoy the game of life by the developers...of course my payment to them for enjoyment of the game would be in the form valuable feedback i provide them about which parts or task of the game could be used to extract more value out of the player...that is me....which of course is detrimental to myself the next time i play the game...but im more concerned about this lifetime...cheers and good day

jam-s

12 Mar 2023

visheshl wrote:
12 Mar 2023
Ok i know fiverr is an ok site...
[...] there is not a single video game on the planet which instantly gives you hard cash directly into your bank account if you complete a task....every video game has a store where you have to spend REAL cash if you want to keep playing, the Game will NOt deposit REAL cash in your bank account if you complete a task in the game...sure it will reward you with some fake in game currency useful for some useless shit unimportant to the gameplay.

So fiverr is the same...its meant to earn money for the website owners...trust me i have tried offering my services on fiverr for cheap.
So you're telling that you cannot get fiver to do a payout of the money you earned there? Not even to paypal?

visheshl

12 Mar 2023

jam-s wrote:
12 Mar 2023
visheshl wrote:
12 Mar 2023
[...] there is not a single video game on the planet which instantly gives you hard cash directly into your bank account if you complete a task....every video game has a store where you have to spend REAL cash if you want to keep playing, the Game will NOt deposit REAL cash in your bank account if you complete a task in the game...sure it will reward you with some fake in game currency useful for some useless shit unimportant to the gameplay.

So you're telling that you cannot get fiver to do a payout of the money you earned there? Not even to paypal?
Im telling you it makes it very difficult if you want to sign up as a seller rather than a buyer.
At least that has been my experience.
I could be wrong though...

visheshl

12 Mar 2023

jam-s wrote:
12 Mar 2023
visheshl wrote:
12 Mar 2023

Im telling you it makes it very difficult if you want to sign up as a seller rather than a buyer.
At least that has been my experience.
I could be wrong though...maybe it was just bad luck....or bad timing or something like that, but buying services was super easy barely an inconvenience...trying to sign up as a seller and sell services was not such a pleasant experience, as far as i remember i wasn't able to sign up as a seller....but like i said...maybe it was just some bad luck maybe, their servers were not working that dayor something... I'll try it again sometime soon and update here with my experience trying to sell on fiverr...

• Information