Studio Corbach gone from the Shop

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

11 Mar 2023

When did that happen? Did I miss it?
Mixfood website seems to have disappeared as well.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

PhillipOrdonez

11 Mar 2023

😱

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

11 Mar 2023

Seems you can still find some of his stuff.
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/brow ... %20Corbach

But many of the synths and the two Ambi Generators seem to be gone. Glad I got the Ambi ones while they were in the Shop. I use them every now and then in my tracks when I'm looking for some background ambience.

Again this is a good reminder not to take the stuff in the shop from granted.

motuscott

11 Mar 2023

Damn! Their urban and nature ambiance generators were truly unique. It is at this point that I appreciate the way the prop shop operates (in that these plugs are still supported). Cheers Studio Corbach
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

MrFigg
Competition Winner

11 Mar 2023

motuscott wrote:
11 Mar 2023
Damn! Their urban and nature ambiance generators were truly unique. It is at this point that I appreciate the way the prop shop operates (in that these plugs are still supported). Cheers Studio Corbach
Yeah. I’ve got a whole heap of their REs but those two stand out in a league of their own. The other ones are a bit mäh.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Art.Allisone

19 Jul 2023

I hope they come back at some point; just remembered them and was looking all over the shop...I miss them now...

huggermugger

19 Jul 2023

Mixfood Stutter is/was a great sounding sample chopper with some significant flaws. I kept hoping he might update it, but I guess that's not gonna happen.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

20 Jul 2023

Does anyone here have any experience with Mixfood Ambient Synth Bundle, that's the only thing left available in the shop at the moment.
Are there all new samples in these or are there re-used samples from their old two Ambi Generators?
If they're all new sounds I'm thinking of buying the bundle to add to my sound effect library.

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/bund ... th-bundle/

It seems you can't trial or look at each RE seperately. Otherwise I would have done that.

challism

21 Jul 2023

Strange that they would remove all their REs except for that one bundle. That makes me wonder if there is just some kind of error or that this is a temporary thing?

I've always overlooked and dismissed these devices for some reason. Probably because they are *all/mostly* sample-based romplers. I'm not a huge fan of romplers, with come notable exceptions - some are amazing. It might also have something to do with the name "mixfood" that kind of turned me off; I never really understood why all the devices were called mixfood. Admittedly, that's a pretty dumb reason to dismiss them, but the biggest reason is that they say "sample-based" on them.

List of Corbach REs
corbach.png
corbach.png (58.03 KiB) Viewed 4598 times
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

DaveyG

21 Jul 2023

I can't claim to have trialled them all but those that I did trial were mediocre rather than spectacular. I put them firmly in the "also ran" category.

Incidentally that bundle doesn't look to contain anything so I think it is an error in the shop.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

21 Jul 2023

The two ambient ones are great. The rest of the stuff a bit mäh.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

21 Jul 2023

DaveyG wrote:
21 Jul 2023
Incidentally that bundle doesn't look to contain anything so I think it is an error in the shop.
Maybe that's the case. Better not push the buy button then or I'll pay €109 for nothing.
Just checked the Shop and yes it seems for all other bundles I'm able to see every RE clearly under "Included in this bundle". But the Mixfood bundle doesn't show anything there.
Well that made the choice much easier.

DJMaytag

23 Jul 2023

challism wrote:
21 Jul 2023
I've always overlooked and dismissed these devices for some reason.
Same, but after looking deeper, I’d dismiss their devices for one simple reason: the back panels only have audio out and CV/gate in. That’s an immediate NO from me.

sublunar

28 Jul 2023

Once again reaffirming my decision to scale back on any significant investments into, or reliance upon, RE's. A lesson I learned late, of course. Having been burned by purchasing several buggy and never-to-be-fixed RE's in the past (coughMcDSPcough) and seeing others disappear completely.. that really kills any faith I can put into the RE ecosystem.

Why continue to buy RE's when they can just disappear or have known bugs and never be fixed?

If you build a song around some of these products and they just disappear.. you have to find other ways to recreate the same magic you once had. In my experience, subtle differences can completely alter the vibe.

I haven't bought any RE's in several years now. Just gonna stick to what I have and what comes bundled with Reason. I want to support RE developers and I love the idea but it's not the safe, reliable, walled-garden it was supposed to be.

Between the Arturia synth and FX collections, I'm pretty stocked up on just about everything I need anyway..

Having said that, I've never been disappointed by any RE's from a variety of devs such as T2on, Jiggery Pokery, Selig, etc. But a few bad apples have soured the whole thing for me.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

28 Jul 2023

sublunar wrote:
28 Jul 2023
Once again reaffirming my decision to scale back on any significant investments into, or reliance upon, RE's. A lesson I learned late, of course. Having been burned by purchasing several buggy and never-to-be-fixed RE's in the past (coughMcDSPcough) and seeing others disappear completely.. that really kills any faith I can put into the RE ecosystem.

Why continue to buy RE's when they can just disappear or have known bugs and never be fixed?

If you build a song around some of these products and they just disappear.. you have to find other ways to recreate the same magic you once had. In my experience, subtle differences can completely alter the vibe.

I haven't bought any RE's in several years now. Just gonna stick to what I have and what comes bundled with Reason. I want to support RE developers and I love the idea but it's not the safe, reliable, walled-garden it was supposed to be.

Between the Arturia synth and FX collections, I'm pretty stocked up on just about everything I need anyway..

Having said that, I've never been disappointed by any RE's from a variety of devs such as T2on, Jiggery Pokery, Selig, etc. But a few bad apples have soured the whole thing for me.
I agree that buggy REs not getting fixed are annoying. But it's important to know that if you've purchased a RE and it disappears from the Shop, you will still be able to download it. I have plenty of discontinued REs and I use them all the time. So there's no need to recreate anything you've been working on.

DJMaytag

28 Jul 2023

sublunar wrote:
28 Jul 2023
Looking at my Camel Audio and OhmForce plugins that have disappeared in the last 5-6 years. Pretty much nothing that I was using 22 years ago still works today.

I went down the all hardware path starting in 2015, and even that’s got its own issues (MIDI/CV incompatibilities, things breaking down, timing issues, etc). Unless you’re buying VST’s from BIG developers that will be able to continue development and improvements, you run the risk of those plugins eventually going away.

crimsonwarlock

28 Jul 2023

DJMaytag wrote:
28 Jul 2023
sublunar wrote:
28 Jul 2023
Looking at my Camel Audio and OhmForce plugins that have disappeared in the last 5-6 years. Pretty much nothing that I was using 22 years ago still works today.

I went down the all hardware path starting in 2015, and even that’s got its own issues (MIDI/CV incompatibilities, things breaking down, timing issues, etc). Unless you’re buying VST’s from BIG developers that will be able to continue development and improvements, you run the risk of those plugins eventually going away.
Indeed. The RE platform is the only platform, afaik, that prevents it. All existing Rack Extensions still run on the latest Reason version :thumbup:

I have actually bought REs just before they were removed from the shop, just to have them. I bought Zero Hybrid at full price (as I don't see any sale coming for that one), just to make sure I have it in case Blamsoft decides to go away. As a tip, just keep an eye out for any steep discounts, as that may signal the end of availability. I got PX7 and all the A-list Guitarist REs for cheap that way.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

challism

29 Jul 2023

I think it's strange when a dev unceremoniously shuts down their shop. You'd think they would at least make an announcement and warn everyone that their products are about to disappear forever (like U-jam A-list and Sononics did). Courtesy aside, it would be one last chance for those products to bring the developer some income. Seems like a real missed opportunity (for the user and dev alike) when they just disappear forever without warning.
sublunar wrote:
28 Jul 2023

It is truly disheartening when a dev won't fix bugs. That seems to be more of the exception rather than the rule when it comes to REs. I don't think it's fair to throw the whole platform under the bus because McDSP refuse to fix their bugs. And don't even get me started on issues with VSTs. That platform is full of buggy software that gets abandoned and discontinued.
sublunar wrote:
28 Jul 2023
I'm not sure if you understand how REs work. Once you buy them, they are yours FOREVER. Regardless of availability in the shop. You can still download them and use them. So your question implodes into itself. The reason you buy them is so that they DON'T disappear and they will always work in future versions of Reason (show me a VST that promises that). As for the bugs.. refer to my last answer. There aren't an overwhelming number of buggy REs that render themselves unusable. And credit to many RE devs who are quick to fix their bugs.

sublunar wrote:
28 Jul 2023
Again, once you own them, they are yours and they do not disappear. They will always work in future versions of Reason.
sublunar wrote:
28 Jul 2023
That sucks. You've been missing out.
sublunar wrote:
28 Jul 2023
But a few bad apples have soured the whole thing for me.
That's a choice you have made and accepted. I don't think it is very reasonable.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 Jul 2023

Wrote to the guy once. He wasn’t pleasant.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

QVprod

29 Jul 2023

challism wrote:
29 Jul 2023

sublunar wrote:
28 Jul 2023
Again, once you own them, they are yours and they do not disappear. They will always work in future versions of Reason.
I gotta say, after upgrading to an M2 Mac mini and losing access to some plugins I was using an older version of, this feature of RE is very underrated. Good to know that I can still use RE-2a (amongst others) despite being discontinued

DJMaytag

29 Jul 2023

challism wrote:
29 Jul 2023
I don't think it's fair to throw the whole platform under the bus because McDSP refuse to fix their bugs.
I'm probably beating a dead horse here, but to hell with those early devs who made 1:1 ports of their VST's and wanted to charge exorbitant prices for their buggy RE's that never really offered anything extra compared to their equivalent VST's. The future for the platform is in the devs who are making some incredible devices NOW, with excellent I/O connectivity that interfaces with the rest of Reason. The RE's that only had audio out and CV/gate in are a JOKE.

dakta

30 Jul 2023

That's sort of represents my mood at the minute - bought projectSAM quite liked it until I realised everytime i reloaded a song the volumes were all over the place and don't seem to save meaning if I use it in a track I have to listen to it and 'set everything back' when I later reopen the file.

Got told 'yeah we'd look into it but we're not working on it anymore as we consider it discontinued'

I'd automate the volume as a workaround except the volume change is independent of the master volume...

Well if you won't (rather than can't) make it work, and consider it end of life, stop making money from it then?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

30 Jul 2023

dakta wrote:
30 Jul 2023
That's sort of represents my mood at the minute - bought projectSAM quite liked it until I realised everytime i reloaded a song the volumes were all over the place and don't seem to save meaning if I use it in a track I have to listen to it and 'set everything back' when I later reopen the file.

Got told 'yeah we'd look into it but we're not working on it anymore as we consider it discontinued'

I'd automate the volume as a workaround except the volume change is independent of the master volume...

Well if you won't (rather than can't) make it work, and consider it end of life, stop making money from it then?
I’d contact RS and say its unusable.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

NoisiaTHX

21 Aug 2023

Attachments
Screenshot 2023-08-21 155001.jpg
Screenshot 2023-08-21 155001.jpg (35.31 KiB) Viewed 3398 times

challism

24 Aug 2023

No, those are the same REs that were still available when this thread was posted. See my list above, Corbach used to have 15 REs in the shop.

• Information