The new Instrument, "Objekt" is coming in May

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Loque

10 Mar 2023

marcuswitt wrote:
10 Mar 2023
Loque wrote:
10 Mar 2023

The advantage of such a synth is quite easy. More control over expression, timbre, harmonics, and overall sound compred to samples. And you can also go beyond real world instruments...hopefully :-)
Physical Modeling or Resynthesis, no matter what synthesis technology they are running under the hood, each of both methods are very welcome for creating sounds full of liveliness. Exciting, it really is.
Agree. I was quite impressed with the impulse response thing with Friktion and i am looking forware what they can do with maybe aphysical modelling synth or even combine a few technologies...???
Reason12, Win10

visheshl

10 Mar 2023

Ok i think its a percussive instument resonator physical modeller of some kind,...timpani and drums kind of gives it away...and not kidding i am excited about this...if it enables timbres not found in regular percussion, that would be really awesome, i think its something like friction but for percussion....man i wish i had unlimited money so that i could buy all this stuff....i just spent a ton of money on a new mixer, a touchscreen monitor a few important rack extensions...i had to spend a ton of money on the dentist...cuz i dont have medical insurance....and now im broke...just when theres something exciting on the horizon...guess I'll have to wait a couple years to get stuff like friction or this new percussion modeller etc...being and indian kinda sucks in this regard...earning in indian rupees but having to spend in us dollars is a shitty situation
Last edited by visheshl on 10 Mar 2023, edited 1 time in total.

Loque

10 Mar 2023

visheshl wrote:
10 Mar 2023
Ok i think its a percussive instument resonator physical modeller of some kind,...timpani and drums kind of gives it away...and not kidding i am excited about this...if it enables timbres not found in regular percussion, that would be really awesome, i think its something like friction but for percussion....man i wish i had unlimited money so that i could buy all this stuff....
I might be wrong, but does not have Kong already physical modelling for drums? It is not that versitale, but it is there...It was always a pity, that Kong was so limited and the models didnt got their freedom...
Reason12, Win10

visheshl

10 Mar 2023

Loque wrote:
10 Mar 2023
visheshl wrote:
10 Mar 2023
Ok i think its a percussive instument resonator physical modeller of some kind,...timpani and drums kind of gives it away...and not kidding i am excited about this...if it enables timbres not found in regular percussion, that would be really awesome, i think its something like friction but for percussion....man i wish i had unlimited money so that i could buy all this stuff....
I might be wrong, but does not have Kong already physical modelling for drums? It is not that versitale, but it is there...It was always a pity, that Kong was so limited and the models didnt got their freedom...
Yeah i need to revisit whatever stuff already exists in the reason rack...i know kong has a drum modeller...im like a child in this regard though....even though i have one gi-joe i need the newer one even though theres no fundamental difference between the two...both do the same thing...but i like it when im excited about something new... shopping is the new therapy man...

visheshl

10 Mar 2023

Although id like to tell reason studios to not compromise on the stability of reason or RRP...R12 was such a disappointment....no other version or reason ever had users complaining of crashes....reason hardly ever crashed on me since decades...but i was sceptical about R12 upgrade, and i stuck to R11 even though combinator 2 had been a dream of mine since years... anyway...back to the discussion about the new device...

dusan.cani

10 Mar 2023

Loque wrote:
10 Mar 2023

The advantage of such a synth is quite easy. More control over expression, timbre, harmonics, and overall sound compred to samples. And you can also go beyond real world instruments...hopefully :-)
Yes of course, but you will end up with ordinary acoustic instrument. So in the context of timbre shaping, nothing new or something that would allow you to generate new synthetic, abstract, non-acoustic sounds. And the teaser name "Synthesize the reality" implies that this device main focus is on replicating a real acoustic instruments, not on experimental features that would allow you to synthesize some new and unheard timbres. I am not saying that it will be impossible to tweak some unusual acoustic like timbres, but I wouldn't expect any overwhelming features dedicated specifically for this purpose.
It seems that this new device is dedicated for producers who make acoustic orchestral compositions and acoustic music in general.

Loque wrote:
10 Mar 2023
So, it's a synth generating sounds of real instruments and even more. Yep, that is missing in the Reason arsenal.
IMHO what is really missing in the Reason arsenal is serious Drum Synth aimed for synthetic sounds (not physical modeling). Kong drumsynth engine is very limited and weak compared to some other drumsynths, for example in the Reaktor. A Drum Synth with dedicated channels for every type of percussion with its specific set of features for particular type (BD, SD, HH, etc.) and of course integrated FX to transform and spice up the sounds directly in the Drum Synth.

joeyluck

10 Mar 2023

dusan.cani wrote:
10 Mar 2023

Yes of course, but you will end up with ordinary acoustic instrument. So in the context of timbre shaping, nothing new or something that would allow you to generate new synthetic, abstract, non-acoustic sounds. And the teaser name "Synthesize the reality" implies that this device main focus is on replicating a real acoustic instruments, not on experimental features that would allow you to synthesize some new and unheard timbres.
But in the video, Bubby Lewis says, "Wow, so you guys really created acoustic instruments that don't exist at all, but they sound like it..."

Loque

10 Mar 2023

dusan.cani wrote:
10 Mar 2023
Loque wrote:
10 Mar 2023

Yes of course, but you will end up with ordinary acoustic instrument. So in the context of timbre shaping, nothing new or something that would allow you to generate new synthetic, abstract, non-acoustic sounds. And the teaser name "Synthesize the reality" implies that this device main focus is on replicating a real acoustic instruments, not on experimental features that would allow you to synthesize some new and unheard timbres. I am not saying that it will be impossible to tweak some unusual acoustic like timbres, but I wouldn't expect any overwhelming features dedicated specifically for this purpose.
It seems that this new device is dedicated for producers who make acoustic orchestral compositions and acoustic music in general.

Loque wrote:
10 Mar 2023
So, it's a synth generating sounds of real instruments and even more. Yep, that is missing in the Reason arsenal.
IMHO what is really missing in the Reason arsenal is serious Drum Synth aimed for synthetic sounds (not physical modeling). Kong drumsynth engine is very limited and weak compared to some other drumsynths, for example in the Reaktor. A Drum Synth with dedicated channels for every type of percussion with its specific set of features for particular type (BD, SD, HH, etc.) and of course integrated FX to transform and spice up the sounds directly in the Drum Synth.
Does not make much sense. Nearly every synth can be used as synthetic drum and percussion synth.
Reason12, Win10

Kilsane

11 Mar 2023

I'm not a big fan of riddles and riddles, so I'm not going to follow this communication campaign too much, I like the concrete

MrFigg
Competition Winner

11 Mar 2023

I predict that some people will like it and some people won’t. I’ll link this after it gets released just to show I was right.
Nostradamus ain’t got nuthin’ on me man.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

visheshl

11 Mar 2023

MrFigg wrote:
11 Mar 2023
I predict that some people will like it and some people won’t. I’ll link this after it gets released just to show I was right.
Nostradamus ain’t got nuthin’ on me man.
:D

Popey
Competition Winner

11 Mar 2023

If you can make new and unique percussive or acoustic sounds I will be mightily impressed. Certainly sounds like a twist on friction.

They mentioned cinematic or film scoring which hints at versatility and not just timpani sounds.

Look forward to actually seeing what it is, does etc and personally can see it fitting in my edm style if it does organic sounding perc like kettle drums with a twist.

DaveyG

11 Mar 2023

It can make sounds that are more real than real.
I mean, what more could we want?

Kilsane

11 Mar 2023

In France we had detergent that washes whiter than white (I am color blind, I have never seen the difference)

Popey
Competition Winner

11 Mar 2023

DaveyG wrote:
11 Mar 2023
A free reason studios coffee mug😂

DaveyG

11 Mar 2023

Popey wrote:
11 Mar 2023
DaveyG wrote:
11 Mar 2023
Will I be able to fill it fuller than full?

Popey
Competition Winner

11 Mar 2023

DaveyG wrote:
11 Mar 2023
Popey wrote:
11 Mar 2023

Likely need to put it in a combinator to do that👍

dusan.cani

11 Mar 2023

Loque wrote:
10 Mar 2023
dusan.cani wrote:
10 Mar 2023
Does not make much sense. Nearly every synth can be used as synthetic drum and percussion synth.
It's a huge difference between general synth and drumsynth with features specifically tailored for drum/percussion type of sounds.

Aosta

11 Mar 2023

Popey wrote:
11 Mar 2023
DaveyG wrote:
11 Mar 2023

Likely need to put it in a combinator to do that👍
Where do the cables go? :think:
Tend the flame

_andreypetr_

11 Mar 2023

Popey wrote:
11 Mar 2023
If you can make new and unique percussive or acoustic sounds I will be mightily impressed. Certainly sounds like a twist on friction.

They mentioned cinematic or film scoring which hints at versatility and not just timpani sounds.

Look forward to actually seeing what it is, does etc and personally can see it fitting in my edm style if it does organic sounding perc like kettle drums with a twist.
Remind you that RS is now have Robotic Bean founder in their team. Resonans was the first physical modelling synth in Reason as I remember. I predicted that it could be something mind-blowing in this type of synth. So maybe I would be more exited by Thor 2 with Grain/Graintable modules, but we have what we have and I believe that this Synth would be something very special and groundbreaking as it said in the first video

jam-s

11 Mar 2023

So the only question is when do we get "Klong" the physical modelled radical cowbell retro-future synth? :mrgreen:

Floyd42

11 Mar 2023

I guess, the whole Song in the Teaser Video IS from the new synth.
Last edited by Floyd42 on 11 Mar 2023, edited 1 time in total.
music will save us

visheshl

11 Mar 2023

I need radical kazoo....you know what i could actually find it useful...no seriously....like think of radical kazoo adding its own flavour to that Fartificial Intelligence atmosphere...😂

On a serious note, its great to know Robotic bean guy is now with RS Team, always wanted to try out Resonans. Very impressive demos.

And that the new instrument could be based on resonans...too much suspense

Loque

11 Mar 2023

dusan.cani wrote:
11 Mar 2023
Loque wrote:
10 Mar 2023

It's a huge difference between general synth and drumsynth with features specifically tailored for drum/percussion type of sounds.
Well, no, not really, At least for me. You can try this one for example. A dedicated drum synth replicating the TR909 kick drum with far more control than the original.
viewtopic.php?p=590542#p590542
Reason12, Win10

platzangst

11 Mar 2023

Kilsane wrote:
11 Mar 2023
In France we had detergent that washes whiter than white (I am color blind, I have never seen the difference)
That's been used in the States too. But it's not always an exaggeration. Detergents often have "optical brighteners", which means they deposit a small amount of fluorescent material on the clothes. When the clothes are under ultraviolet light, like sunlight, they give off just a little bit more light than they otherwise would. If you've ever seen someone's shirt glow while standing by a black light lamp, that's why.

This has been today's random trivia dump.

• Information