[atmosphere] a walk in the dark

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
visheshl

10 Mar 2023

Been a really long time i explored atmospheric stuff, so here my attempt...hope its good enough.

Construction: one midi track feeding three synths.
A. A europa pad sound with one oscillator with a morphing square wave, the other oscillator doing random sci fi noises of the entity detector.

B. A grain texture providing the horror.

C a simple subtractor bass providing the lo end.

Sci fi Horror gamish atmosphere: A walk in the dark with an entity detector

Rising Night Wave

10 Mar 2023

sorry, visheshl, your attempt to do a dark feeling is more fail than success. sorry, okey? maybe i am too demanding, but that was my oppinion.
but anyway sounds are interesting.

i am listening to this your song again now (when i am writing) ... perhaps the melody is not the right one. sequence of tones... it somehow ruins the dark feeling.

but okey. the overall sound is dark. it is dark. and so on. but for me... it does not catch me. as said, perhaps i am too demanding about dark feeling.

anyway it is an interesting "song".
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

visheshl

10 Mar 2023

Thank you for sharing your honest opinion, and im really happy you did that. Maybe ill give it another shot with darker notes later.
Last edited by visheshl on 10 Mar 2023, edited 1 time in total.

visheshl

10 Mar 2023

In fact i won't be offended even if you say that the generative ambiance sounds like garbage....but it would be nice if you would tell me why...so that i could learn to do it better next time

strangers
Competition Winner

10 Mar 2023

I like the idea and the effort but do agree with Rising Night Wave that it kind of misses the mark. The sounds are very dry, deliberate and in your face. You've already got some interesting sounds. Mangling them a bit and giving them space will get you more in the atmospheric realm.

visheshl

10 Mar 2023

strangers wrote:
10 Mar 2023
I like the idea and the effort but do agree with Rising Night Wave that it kind of misses the mark. The sounds are very dry, deliberate and in your face. You've already got some interesting sounds. Mangling them a bit and giving them space will get you more in the atmospheric realm.
Thank you my friend, I'll try to do better next time 🙏 and i will try to keep your suggestions in mind next time

• Information