The new Instrument, "Objekt" is coming in May

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Popey
Competition Winner

06 Mar 2023

I think it is a monster machine designed like Algoritm but each of the nine panels are configable how you like.

Each panel can either be wave table (europa), granular (grain), standard wave shapes (subtractor), lfo, envelope, mseg whatever you desire. The panels enlarge as you click on them so you can see clearly. There are still 3 additional lfo, adsr envelopes etc if you wish to assign all 9 panels to sound generation.

Disclaimer: I don't actually really believe the new device is this but perhaps Ryan sees this when he checks back on the validity of moon landings and mentions the idea to rs devs πŸ˜‚

Aosta

06 Mar 2023

Popey wrote: ↑
06 Mar 2023
I think it is a monster machine designed like Algoritm but each of the nine panels are configable how you like.

Each panel can either be wave table (europa), granular (grain), standard wave shapes (subtractor), lfo, envelope, mseg whatever you desire. The panels enlarge as you click on them so you can see clearly. There are still 3 additional lfo, adsr envelopes etc if you wish to assign all 9 panels to sound generation.
Sounds like something Scotty M would have designed ;)
Tend the flame

Popey
Competition Winner

07 Mar 2023

Aosta wrote: ↑
06 Mar 2023
06 Mar 2023

Sounds like something Scotty M would have designed ;)
That's lost on me, who is Scotty M?

Aosta

07 Mar 2023

07 Mar 2023
That's lost on me, who is Scotty M?
A user from many years ago on the old props forum who used to created these insane 3d renders of completely unusable and impractical instruments.
Tend the flame

Overtherainbow

07 Mar 2023

I do hope it's phys-modelled brass, but whatever props come up with - you know it's going to be good.

niche product.jpg
niche product.jpg (313.32 KiB) Viewed 6050 times

Reminiscence

07 Mar 2023

Complexity isn't always the way things get done - perhaps it's something simple like video import or whatever.

ltbrunt00

08 Mar 2023

Whatever it is I am most likely going to purchase it. One I don't mind spending money on things I love and two the money I spend on this will help make Reason 13 be better. I maybe in the minority but I generally do like everything the Reason Studios releases. Some things were replaced with VST devices but when I reach for anything not spitfire I go for Reason stock devices or rack extensions. I do wish Reason studios would release more players. I don't know what these players should be, Players are in everything I do.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

marcuswitt

10 Mar 2023

Does anybody have an idea how that upcoming RE will be called? Based on what that teasing video suggests, I'd say THORIUM, STRUCTURE or POLYGON. What do you think?

Faastwalker

10 Mar 2023

New teaser from RS, just uploaded. More clues within :D

Physically modelled synthesiser that doesn’t exist ………... Yet?!! :cool:

dusan.cani

10 Mar 2023

Faastwalker wrote: ↑
10 Mar 2023
New teaser from RS, just uploaded. More clues within :D
So It's simulator for real world acoustic instruments aka physical modelling... I was hoping for some classic synth with combination of analog/modular/wavetable/FM/Additive synthesis with many new oscillator and filter modules, advanced modulation, efx... Unless the physical modelling synth is not designed to create some new, fresh, experimental and unheard timbres that don't exist within real world acoustic instruments, then I am not interested at all. For simulating real world acoustic instruments there are comprehensive sample libraries that do a job very well. But maybe I am judging it prematurely and It will bring something special and unheard :mrgreen:. But I am disappointed that it's something like advanced Friction 2. On the other hand, people who are looking for simulating acoustic instruments will be happy. It's not possible to satisfy everyone :lol:
Last edited by dusan.cani on 10 Mar 2023, edited 1 time in total.

Loque

10 Mar 2023

So, it's a synth generating sounds of real instruments and even more. Yep, that is missing in the Reason arsenal.

Hopefully a lot of control, everything can be automated and lots of CV πŸ‘

Finally it isn't πŸ§€ or πŸŒ› or something like this...
Reason12, Win10

dusan.cani

10 Mar 2023

Loque wrote: ↑
10 Mar 2023

Hopefully a lot of control, everything can be automated and lots of CV πŸ‘
Their platform is very limited regarding amount of parameters that can be automated. This is reason why there are cases where many basic parameteres like ON/OFF switches for various modules can't be automated or controlled via combinator, for example on the Europa synth. I've also seen this issue in other devices, for example ModularRE where they added new modules and it's not possible to make automation for their parameters because of technical limitations.

Aosta

10 Mar 2023

Oh well, not my kind of thing but I'm sure some will enjoy it.
Tend the flame

ryanharlin
Reason Studios

10 Mar 2023

06 Mar 2023
Disclaimer: I don't actually really believe the new device is this but perhaps Ryan sees this when he checks back on the validity of moon landings and mentions the idea to rs devs πŸ˜‚
Haha!!! I'll pass your feedback along!

PhillipOrdonez

10 Mar 2023

They speak of drums, though. Timpani? "A whole drum circle"? The plot thickens

tt_lab

10 Mar 2023

Who is Beethoven?
https://www.youtube.com/@MPCTT
Β Β Β Β Β 

DaveyG

10 Mar 2023

ryanharlin wrote: ↑
10 Mar 2023
06 Mar 2023
Haha!!! I'll pass your feedback along!
I can't overstate how much I'd love it if the new instrument is called something like Apollo, Artemis or Lunar... :D

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

10 Mar 2023

I gotta say, I'm very excited about this. It seems like it isn't trying to be an exact replica of already ready existing instruments, but instead going for new sounds that have that acoustic/realistic quality. That's way more intersting to me. The last thing I need is "just another synth". This looks like it could be something new. Hopefully they go for their easy-to-use but with a-lot-of-depth approach.
Judging by what they've said so far, I'm very likely to buy this.

Loque

10 Mar 2023

tt_lab wrote: ↑
10 Mar 2023
Who is Beethoven?
Wait? Beatoven?
Reason12, Win10

PhillipOrdonez

10 Mar 2023

10 Mar 2023
10 Mar 2023
Who is Beethoven?
Wait? Beatoven?
Beats-oven

crimsonwarlock

10 Mar 2023

So, it is basically Friktion-2 :puf_bigsmile:

All this time I was thinking along the lines of Yamaha's VL-1...

Or even the VP-1...

-------
Analog tape β‡’ ESQ1 sequencer board β‡’ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 β‡’ Atari/Cubase β‡’ Cakewalk Sonar β‡’ Orion Pro/Platinum β‡’ Reaper β‡’ Reason DAW.

dusan.cani

10 Mar 2023

TritoneAddiction wrote: ↑
10 Mar 2023
It seems like it isn't trying to be an exact replica of already ready existing instruments, but instead going for new sounds that have that acoustic/realistic quality.
They are replicating already existing acoustic instruments :D ... what would be new if you end up with timbre that sounds just as ordinary acoustic instrument like piano, sax, woodwind, strings, timpani, etc ? Of course advantage of this kind of instrument is, that you don't have to use acoustic sample libraries and there will be device dedicated to generate timpani, guitar, etc. directly...

teddymcw

10 Mar 2023

10 Mar 2023
Who is Beethoven?
Lolll, is that you Beast Mode?

Loque

10 Mar 2023

dusan.cani wrote: ↑
10 Mar 2023
TritoneAddiction wrote: ↑
10 Mar 2023
It seems like it isn't trying to be an exact replica of already ready existing instruments, but instead going for new sounds that have that acoustic/realistic quality.
They are replicating already existing acoustic instruments :D ... what would be new if you end up with timbre that sounds just as ordinary acoustic instrument like piano, sax, woodwind, strings, timpani, etc ? Of course advantage of this kind of instrument is, that you don't have to use acoustic sample libraries and there will be device dedicated to generate timpani, guitar, etc. directly...
The advantage of such a synth is quite easy. More control over expression, timbre, harmonics, and overall sound compred to samples. And you can also go beyond real world instruments...hopefully :-)
Reason12, Win10

marcuswitt

10 Mar 2023

10 Mar 2023
dusan.cani wrote: ↑
10 Mar 2023

The advantage of such a synth is quite easy. More control over expression, timbre, harmonics, and overall sound compred to samples. And you can also go beyond real world instruments...hopefully :-)
Physical Modeling or Resynthesis, no matter what synthesis technology they are running under the hood, each of both methods are very welcome for creating sounds full of liveliness. Exciting, it really is.

• Information