New RE CV Relay by Tonicmint

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Bes
Competition Winner

17 Dec 2022

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... /cv-relay/

• Sequential switch betwen 8 CV
• or 8 pair audio signal
• Fun operation modes

Sequential switches are popular tools in the modular synthesizers world. They are great tools for experimenting and exploring with sort of signals and/or sounds.

This is why this device’s name could be misleading, we did not limit this device to CV..... :)

In a nutshell: Up to 8 separate inputs (CV or Audio in mono or stereo) One selected input is relayed to the output. Manually or when the device receives a trigger, another input is selected and relayed to the output. It sounds easy and simple, but the best things usually born from the simple things.

The knob of the channels are attenuverters for the input signals
- Certified Reason expert

Noise
Competition Winner

29 Dec 2022

Just bought CV Relay, but, could someone confirm if this is a bug:
Pretty straight forward connection, CV relay is sending a mono sinal ? // scratching head

TONIC_MINT_CV_RELAY.jpg
TONIC_MINT_CV_RELAY.jpg (212.34 KiB) Viewed 2384 times
Albums: BandCamp | Youtubz: Noise Channel
Projects: P1 Easy Remote Mapping | Personal Refill Sale Store: https://payhip.com/noisesystems | Title Generator! untitled.noiseshadow.com

Vil
RE Developer

30 Dec 2022

Sorry, this is a bug....
... and Ill be fixed this in the next year ;)

Noise
Competition Winner

30 Dec 2022

Vil wrote:
30 Dec 2022
Sorry, this is a bug....
Thank you Vil! I will wait for the update, love this CV Relay.
Projects: P1 Easy Remote Mapping | Personal Refill Sale Store: https://payhip.com/noisesystems | Title Generator! untitled.noiseshadow.com

DJMaytag

31 Dec 2022

Vil wrote:
30 Dec 2022
Sorry, this is a bug....
WE CANNOT WAIT UNTIL 2023!!!!!

:lol:

Vil
RE Developer

31 Dec 2022

DJMaytag wrote:
31 Dec 2022
Vil wrote:
30 Dec 2022
Sorry, this is a bug....
WE CANNOT WAIT UNTIL 2023!!!!!

:lol:
You have to ;)

Noise
Competition Winner

24 Feb 2023

Vil, thank you for the update 1.0.2 yay!

Vil
RE Developer

09 Mar 2023

Sorry for the late answer/update, I was busy..

;)

Dionisio

09 Mar 2023

Hi Tonicmint

I just purchase CV Relay some minutes a go, a very nice device like your entire collection.
I wonder if it´s possible in a future update add an option for chaining two devices!

Thank you for your time.

Dionisio

Vil
RE Developer

09 Mar 2023

Good idea, I'll thinking on this.
Originally I just planned it for switching between up to 4 inputs. I thought, if I'm doubling this, this will enough for everyone.
So I was wrong :) :)

gkillmaster

09 Mar 2023

I want to take advantage of the current sale. What it the most wild and creative Tonicmint RE to try?

Mataya

09 Mar 2023

gkillmaster wrote:
09 Mar 2023
I want to take advantage of the current sale. What it the most wild and creative Tonicmint RE to try?
Pistons.

M

Dionisio

09 Mar 2023

Vil wrote:
09 Mar 2023
Good idea, I'll thinking on this.
Originally I just planned it for switching between up to 4 inputs. I thought, if I'm doubling this, this will enough for everyone.
So I was wrong :) :)
I think CV Relay is perfect and well suited for audio wave sequencing and other cv manipulations.

Thank you once more for your time and efforts.

Dionisio

crimsonwarlock

09 Mar 2023

gkillmaster wrote:
09 Mar 2023
Just grab the Dark Player Bundle, it's a complete steal :thumbup:
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

mcatalao
Competition Winner

09 Mar 2023

Mataya wrote:
09 Mar 2023
gkillmaster wrote:
09 Mar 2023
Pistons.

M
For me their best RE is FlowBrush.

And i say it despite having won their competition!!! :)

https://on.soundcloud.com/EGQMH

gkillmaster

09 Mar 2023

mcatalao wrote:
09 Mar 2023
Mataya wrote:
09 Mar 2023

Pistons.

M

Looking interesting though I have so many reverbs. I think Pistons is going to be the one for me! Also, I wonder what CV Pad is like. Seems super useful!

Mataya

09 Mar 2023

gkillmaster wrote:
09 Mar 2023
mcatalao wrote:
09 Mar 2023

Looking interesting though I have so many reverbs. I think Pistons is going to be the one for me! Also, I wonder what CV Pad is like. Seems super useful!
Run pistons CV out's to some freq bands in on a now free RE 302 eq from RedRock and fiddle with pistons and get some sweet filtering shapes. Similar results as with AniMuRFA that I've recently trialed.

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... equaliser/
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... ter-array/

tx
Mataya

challism

09 Mar 2023

gkillmaster wrote:
09 Mar 2023
That Dark Player bundle is a great deal! I think I spent that much on just two of the players in that bundle (Scale Matrix and ChordLine). Grab it while it's on sale for $59 this weekend. Ridiculous price!

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/bund ... er-bundle/
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

crimsonwarlock

09 Mar 2023

challism wrote:
09 Mar 2023
I think I spent that much on just two of the players in that bundle (Scale Matrix and ChordLine).
Yep, same here :puf_bigsmile:
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

gkillmaster

09 Mar 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote:
09 Mar 2023
gkillmaster wrote:
09 Mar 2023
Just grab the Dark Player Bundle, it's a complete steal :thumbup:
ugh, I have too many plugins cause I totally forgot that I'd bought InRange and ScaleMatrix awhile back, so this isn't as good a value as I hoped. Was ready to get it before I realized! May get it anyways, Also wanting of CV Pistons and CV Pad.

crimsonwarlock

10 Mar 2023

gkillmaster wrote:
09 Mar 2023
ugh, I have too many plugins cause I totally forgot that I'd bought InRange and ScaleMatrix awhile back, so this isn't as good a value as I hoped. Was ready to get it before I realized! May get it anyways, Also wanting of CV Pistons and CV Pad.
In that case, don't forget to grab the ScaleMatrix update, it has root-note outputs now :thumbup:
-------

Bes
Competition Winner

10 Mar 2023

in the dark players bundle, the image used for the back panel of the Scale Matrix is the old back panel that doesn't have the new cv ports. not that this would relate in anyway to what version your buying with that bundle. the update is free
- Certified Reason expert

gkillmaster

10 Mar 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote:
10 Mar 2023
gkillmaster wrote:
09 Mar 2023
In that case, don't forget to grab the ScaleMatrix update, it has root-note outputs now :thumbup:
I appreciate the heads up! Have been thinking that Authorizer would update automatically but I see that it didn't. Does it access your account and find updates just for Propellerheads REs?

crimsonwarlock

10 Mar 2023

gkillmaster wrote:
10 Mar 2023
Does it access your account and find updates just for Propellerheads REs?
nah, the shop has been borked in that regard (and others) for quite a while now. You have to dig through your list of registered REs to see if there are updates. Or check the forum for someone to give the heads-up :puf_wink:
-------

• Information