Parafilter III Sequencer Update available!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
BHK INSTRUMENTS

02 Jul 2021

The wait is over, more power, more control and more madness now available in the reasonstudios shop, update is free! :thumbup:

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... equencer2/

dioxide

02 Jul 2021

Not sure if I have a use for this, but the GUI is great. I'd like to see a CV only version of this without the filters.

geronimo

02 Jul 2021

Copy Pattern Menus and clear are presents; did you not forget the "Paste" option for this Menu ?

CopyPattern.jpg
CopyPattern.jpg (33.85 KiB) Viewed 1567 times

doze

02 Jul 2021

geronimo wrote:
02 Jul 2021
Copy Pattern Menus and clear are presents; did you not forget the "Paste" option for this Menu ?

CopyPattern.jpg
Are you not right-clicking a pattern, and you tell it which pattern to copy it to.

retreed
Competition Winner

02 Jul 2021

geronimo wrote:
02 Jul 2021

CopyPattern.jpg
There is no paste option. The copy function fetches the pattern from your selection in the copy menu and copies it to the currently active one in your pattern select. :)

(You can think of it as "fetch pattern from" in the menu.)

geronimo

03 Jul 2021

OK; many thanks for this clarifications _

challism

05 Jul 2021

I think the GUI update looks great. Nice job on this update. It's always good news for owners of the device to get a free update (if you so choose). Congrats on the re-release. I hope you get some more sales from your efforts, and thank you for continuing to support the RE market.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

dusan.cani

07 Mar 2023

Hi BHK INSTRUMENTS,

Did you notice that updated version is not compatible with patches created in old version ? It seems that at least Cutoff and Resonance controls don't maintain the same values in the patch from old version if played in updated version. The result is different sound on previously saved patches.

BHK INSTRUMENTS

07 Mar 2023

dusan.cani wrote:
07 Mar 2023
Hi BHK INSTRUMENTS,

Did you notice that updated version is not compatible with patches created in old version ? It seems that at least Cutoff and Resonance controls don't maintain the same values in the patch from old version if played in updated version. The result is different sound on previously saved patches.
Yes, unfortunately the update brought this with it, the values for LFO and sequencer resolution are also loaded incorrectly, so that they have to be set back to their actual values manually to restore the old preset.

Did you do a lot of presets with the old version?

dusan.cani

07 Mar 2023

BHK INSTRUMENTS wrote:
07 Mar 2023

Yes, I have dozens of combinator presets using Parafilter.

If it isn't possible to maintain the compatibility it seems that I have only two solutions:

1) Switch between different versions of RE by exchanging Rack Extension directory for Parafilter (I have backup directory with old version)

2) Export audio example for every patch so I know how it should sound and manually correct all patches

Are the differences between old and new patches caused only because of different control values ? Is the behaviour of the sound engine same ? Thanks for info.

jam-s

07 Mar 2023

It should be possible to create a patch converter as the RE presets are just simple XML files.

BHK INSTRUMENTS

09 Mar 2023

dusan.cani wrote:
07 Mar 2023
BHK INSTRUMENTS wrote:
07 Mar 2023

Yes, I have dozens of combinator presets using Parafilter.

If it isn't possible to maintain the compatibility it seems that I have only two solutions:

1) Switch between different versions of RE by exchanging Rack Extension directory for Parafilter (I have backup directory with old version)

2) Export audio example for every patch so I know how it should sound and manually correct all patches

Are the differences between old and new patches caused only because of different control values ? Is the behaviour of the sound engine same ? Thanks for info.
Yes, the selection points for the respective rates have shifted with the increase to up to 1/128 dots.

The same for sequencer resolution, and filter type selection.

If you reset these three parameters to the actual settings, the preset should play back the same as with the previous version of the parafilter.

dusan.cani

03 Apr 2023

And what about to implement compatibility mode for next version ? A switch that would allow to operate between old and new engine. If patches from previous version are loaded, it would automatically go into compatibility mode.

It would be awesome if it were possible, because switching between old and current version by moving the RE folder is very tedious.

Also, pleeeease is it somehow possible to bring back the previous white theme graphic design ? That one was superb. The new black theme is too dark for me, it's uncomfortable to work with it. Also the markers for knobs and faders are changed and it doesn't look cool. The previous white design was absolutely brilliant:

para-old.PNG
para-old.PNG (190.54 KiB) Viewed 523 times
para-new.PNG
para-new.PNG (293.77 KiB) Viewed 523 times

• Information