The new Instrument, "Objekt" is coming in May

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
marcuswitt

05 Mar 2023

Kilsane wrote:
03 Mar 2023
the new Instrument Rack is coming in May, I wonder what kind of synth it will be

That, indeed, is an Intriguing video.
I have no idea what they are cooking there in their kitchen, but my speculation goes into three different directions:
  • a kind of Parsec 3, which allows Re-Synthesis, like "feed your own samples into it, re-synthesize, morph and mangle them (in a kind of 3D-interface manner) to your liking".
    a polyphonic Modular synthesizer,
    a physical Modeling synthesizer specialized in mimicking Wind instruments or even something beyond that.
Time flies by quickly and May isn't far away. I'm looking forward to something exciting.

Goriila Texas

05 Mar 2023

Look at Ryan get spicy in the comments lol :clap: Good choice of music for the video :thumbs_up: The moon landing was fake though which is why America hasn't been back with far superior tech nowadays.

ryanharlin wrote:
03 Mar 2023
dusan.cani wrote:
03 Mar 2023
This staged not authentic promotional video
Anyone who has tried to get musicians to act before would know that this cynical comment is like the moon landing conspiracies — in the same way that back in 1969 it was technologically harder to fake the moon landing on film than it was to just land on the moon. :)

Goriila Texas

05 Mar 2023

More like Avenger as dude said he imagined doing a whole sound track in it.

marcuswitt wrote:
05 Mar 2023
Kilsane wrote:
03 Mar 2023
the new Instrument Rack is coming in May, I wonder what kind of synth it will be

I have no idea what they are cooking there in their kitchen, but my speculation goes into three different directions:
  • a kind of Parsec 3, which allows Re-Synthesis, like "feed your own samples into it, re-synthesize, morph and mangle them (in a kind of 3D-interface manner) to your liking".
    a physical Modeling synthesizer specialized in mimicking Wind instruments or even something beyond that.
Time flies by quickly and May isn't far away. I'm looking forward to something exciting.

marcuswitt

05 Mar 2023

Yeah, maybe it's gonna be a jack of all trades, something like Avenger or so. Who knows?
Or how about an Additive Synth within a Wavetable Synth within a FM Synth? Technically possible since RS have the knowledge and experience required for such a thing, since they have releases dedicated Synths in the past, each of which covering a certain sound synthesis method or even combining them in form of Parsec, Europa and Algoritm. We'll see in the near future.

Goriila Texas wrote:
05 Mar 2023
More like Avenger as dude said he imagined doing a whole sound track in it.

marcuswitt wrote:
05 Mar 2023

DaveyG

05 Mar 2023

"Something that's good for soundtracks"....

_andreypetr_

05 Mar 2023

And in May we get Splice analogue but granular lol

ryanharlin
Reason Studios

05 Mar 2023

Goriila Texas wrote:
05 Mar 2023
Look at Ryan get spicy in the comments lol :clap: Good choice of music for the video :thumbs_up: The moon landing was fake though which is why America hasn't been back with far superior tech nowadays.
A Michell and Webb classic:

_andreypetr_

05 Mar 2023

Goriila Texas wrote:
05 Mar 2023
The beat in the video is nice.
Imagine they all are reacting to the beat in this video to sleep well for two month

Loque

05 Mar 2023

ryanharlin wrote:
05 Mar 2023
Goriila Texas wrote:
05 Mar 2023
fake-moon-landing-minions.gif
fake-moon-landing-minions.gif (401.1 KiB) Viewed 6021 times
Reason12, Win10

WOO

05 Mar 2023

My guess is a completely reimagined thor 2.

Goriila Texas

05 Mar 2023

Believers can't explain how the flag is waving when the moon has no wind or how space suits with tin foil type protection is good enough radiation in space but when you go to get an x-ray nurses give you a thick lead garment to wear for protection. We're talking 1969 tech but haven't been back considering all the technological advancements in over 50 years.

Loque wrote:
05 Mar 2023
ryanharlin wrote:
05 Mar 2023

fake-moon-landing-minions.gif

Faastwalker

05 Mar 2023

WOO wrote:
05 Mar 2023
My guess is a completely reimagined Thor 2.
I just noticed (after watching video for the umpteenth time) that one of the guys says, 'I was not expecting that much of a difference', as if it's a change/update to something that is already there.

So, could be Thor 2. Or maybe Parsec 3 as others have suggested. I kind of hope though that it's something completely new. Hopefully more clues soon, or at least well before May :thumbup:

Bes
Competition Winner

05 Mar 2023

a wind instrument that can do anything from brass and woodwinds to whistling wind through trees.
a combination of modelling and convolution technology
it'l be called chamber (chambre? naah)
- Certified Reason expert

Aosta

05 Mar 2023

Personally I think the devs have finally listened to our years long request and will finally unveil Radical Kazoo :clap:
Tend the flame

DaveyG

06 Mar 2023

Goriila Texas wrote:
05 Mar 2023
Believers can't explain how the flag is waving when the moon has no wind or how space suits with tin foil type protection is good enough radiation in space but when you go to get an x-ray nurses give you a thick lead garment to wear for protection. We're talking 1969 tech but haven't been back considering all the technological advancements in over 50 years.
There is also the fact that the moon is not real. That one's a bit of a showstopper. :shock:

svenh

06 Mar 2023

WOO wrote:
05 Mar 2023
I would love a Thor upgrade, with more oscillator types, more filters types, and a drag and drop modulation matrix! And while we are at it, please add a reverb too! :D

Loque

06 Mar 2023

DaveyG wrote:
06 Mar 2023
Goriila Texas wrote:
05 Mar 2023
There is also the fact that the moon is not real. That one's a bit of a showstopper. :shock:
It's just cheese 🧀. Nuf said.
Reason12, Win10

Neo

06 Mar 2023

Thor II Indeed. - Odin? Perhaps a "Loki RE".. given he a is mischievous god who could shape-shift~ :D
01.jpg
01.jpg (747.19 KiB) Viewed 5846 times
:reason: :re: :ignition: Atari 1040ST | R11 Suite 🡭 R12 | i7 | RME

buddard
RE Developer

06 Mar 2023

Goriila Texas wrote:
05 Mar 2023
Except all these statements can be debunked by googling for 5 minutes :puf_smile:

marcuswitt

06 Mar 2023

That would be great too, indeed. My thoughts go also in a direction of a synth that utilizes 'profiling' of existing hard- and software synths, similar to what companies like Kemper or IK Multimedia are doing with their profiling guitar amps. Technically surely challenging, but not impossible.
WOO wrote:
05 Mar 2023

motuscott

06 Mar 2023

The USA was faked.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

Aosta

06 Mar 2023

svenh wrote:
06 Mar 2023
WOO wrote:
05 Mar 2023
I would love a Thor upgrade, with more oscillator types, more filters types, and a drag and drop modulation matrix! And while we are at it, please add a reverb too! :D
How about a hybrid 'Thorstrom' (Thor + Malstrom) :think:
Tend the flame

_andreypetr_

06 Mar 2023

Aosta wrote:
06 Mar 2023
svenh wrote:
06 Mar 2023

How about a hybrid 'Thorstrom' (Thor + Malstrom) :think:
"Woow. This is WILD. Woooowowowoww. Holy sh*t! That sounds so good though"

visheshl

06 Mar 2023

Aosta wrote:
05 Mar 2023
Personally I think the devs have finally listened to our years long request and will finally unveil Radical Kazoo :clap:
Id buy radical kazoo priced at 99$ for 69$ in may madness sale

(This comment although has nothing to do with the current discussion,comes to you courtesy of the fact that when a daw has a paradigm shift in the way its supposed to function, the daw is supposed to include basic tools to make use of that paradigm shift.
Reason went into a paradigm shift with the introduction of players. And was supposed to include a midi pattern sequencer player and a drum pattern sequencer player.
However users were supposed to buy the drum sequencer and polystep sequencer seperately.)

MrFigg
Competition Winner

06 Mar 2023

In the wait for the Rad Kazoo try this one as an alternative.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information