How hard could this be? - Lyrics Edit and Display

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
pushedbutton

04 Mar 2023

I would Really Really Really like a Rack Extension that would display lyrics and highlight them as the track plays as a Karaoke machine does.
As a bonus and to add value to the produce, I'd like the melody be visible as a midi roll in the same display window. To top it off I'd like a pitch monitor for the audio channel you're recording to that is superimposed on the midi roll so you can tell how close you are to the note you're trying to hit. Played Singstar? That's what I want.
How hard could it be?
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

DaveyG

05 Mar 2023

Being able to add lyrics would be definitely be good but I think it needs to be in the sequencer, with lyrics on their own track, rather than in an RE. On playback you'd have a lyric window that was configurable for size, font, position etc.

crimsonwarlock

05 Mar 2023

pushedbutton wrote:
04 Mar 2023
I would Really Really Really like a Rack Extension that would display lyrics and highlight them as the track plays as a Karaoke machine does.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

• Information