Getting rack extensions before they are (potentially) removed from the shop?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
svenh

20 Feb 2023

Thanks for explaining, that makes sense!

I have been away from music production for a while and want to start again as soon as I have got a new computer that's up to the task.

I am tempted by several new REs that appeared the last few years, and I may invest heavily if there will be a may madness this year. An important part of that decision, however, is whether I will be able to use these devices in 5 or even 10 years from now. But, as I understand it from your reply - the devices that I buy will last "forever" with the current Reason Studios policy!

moalla

28 Feb 2023

It´s a little bit frustrating when i must realize Blamco EQ pack will never get a update, cause it is a developer who´s technology is related to the mastermind Richard Blum, wich died Feb.1 2022 who was a big thinker of technological rise up of music electronics and now something gets wrong with this dev. So is it at the end the big hit to receive some information from Reasonstudios about this case?
Really love to see CV inputs for the blamco filter, Blamsofts Filters are one of the most superb in the software world, at eyre level with soundtoys stuff...
But at least i still checked that the developer is still in progress and Blamsoft XFX Wave VCV Rack module got a update 4 months ago, maybe something will happen ;)
https://soundcloud.com/user-594407128
Reason12.5, Yamaha EG112, Ibanez PF10, RhythmWolf, Miniak, Ipad+SparkLE
SE2200t :arrow: VAS micpre MOTO:better repair-mod well made stuff than buy the next crap

moalla

01 Mar 2023

Those who can read have a clear advantage, shame on me 🙈

"The EQ algorithm in Blamco Mid-Range+Programm, Equalizer and Filter are a full circuit simulator. Due to its complexity, the filter parameters cannot be controlled via automation. This limitation allows the algorithm to be extremely optimized. The devices are efficient even with built-in oversampling. Drive, Pre, Gain, and Bypass support automation. The algorithm is truly unique, developed 100% from scratch based on electronics industry technology."

Really interesting fact, I´m more than triggered to get this Blamco EQ Pack after listening to the sound examples several times :thumbs_up:
SE2200t :arrow: VAS micpre MOTO:better repair-mod well made stuff than buy the next crap

dioxide

01 Mar 2023

Have you got a source for the death of Richard Blum? The Blamsoft site talks about a David Blam but I aways thought it's a fictional character along the lines of their photoshopped offices. Andrew Best is listed as the Blamsoft owner and it says on LinkedIn he's retired. It's possible he has passed away but if so this is the first I've heard of it.

moalla

01 Mar 2023

When i was searching for this comment "Note: Blamsoft, Inc. is no longer affiliated with the Richard Blam Memorial Society."

https://news.berkeley.edu/2022/03/01/re ... ound-them/

Good news, when your say the developer Andrew Best is still fine
and the company symbol tells us ....
be carefull with my stuff

Real interesting person, where we can learn something from
https://ia903207.us.archive.org/5/items ... per/13.pdf

NoisiaTHX

04 Mar 2023

Studio Corbach also left the shop today.

moalla

04 Mar 2023

Slowely it looks like it is more or less sensless to sell things over reasonstudios :twisted: , so maybee the admins can talk with reasonstudios officials what´s up with the developers and the licensing contracts, i feel so bad for every new user, that they cannot have greatful things like Etch Red from FXpansion or Sonicbits Pump and other RackExtensions that can called GEM´s.

But maybee something new mindblowing will be released in the near future, who knows :cool:

Important Question at all people here:
Therefore does some one know, if Blamsoft have plans, an want also leave the reasonstudios shop in the next time???

dusan.cani

04 Mar 2023

moalla wrote:
04 Mar 2023
Therefore does some one know, if Blamsoft have plans, an want also leave the reasonstudios shop in the next time???
That is good question as I am interested in t00b distortion and VK-2 synth.

crimsonwarlock

04 Mar 2023

dusan.cani wrote:
04 Mar 2023
moalla wrote:
04 Mar 2023
Last year, their website went offline and I feared they would be gone. I bought Expanse and VK-2 asap as I didn't want to miss out on those. I still want to get Zero, but that one is even more expensive, so here's hoping they stay around for a while.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

moalla

04 Mar 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote:
04 Mar 2023
dusan.cani wrote:
04 Mar 2023

Last year, their website went offline and I feared they would be gone. I bought Expanse and VK-2 asap as I didn't want to miss out on those. I still want to get Zero, but that one is even more expensive, so here's hoping they stay around for a while.
Same for me with Zero 😃 yeah and really interessted to get their Blamco EQ Pack 😜

crimsonwarlock

05 Mar 2023

moalla wrote:
04 Mar 2023
really interessted to get their Blamco EQ Pack 😜
I have the Kuassa EQs and all the McDSP ones, so I'm good. I also have the Blamsoft distortion REs, but I rarely use them as I have, again, all the Kuassa FX and they are a bit better tmo.

Blamsoft's Resampler is a must-have, though. I tend to use this over the alternatives most of the time :thumbup:
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

moalla

05 Mar 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote:
05 Mar 2023
I have the Kuassa EQs and all the McDSP ones, so I'm good. I also have the Blamsoft distortion REs, but I rarely use them as I have, again, all the Kuassa FX and they are a bit better tmo.

Blamsoft's Resampler is a must-have, though. I tend to use this over the alternatives most of the time :thumbup:
So you say the kuassa EQ´s are the better ones, i still own the MP-5 and AT-1, for boosting synth and instruments voices I´m using mostly Fuse Audio Labs RS-W2395C free vst and Red Rocks REQ3, the ones upon overpriced Trident A-Range for female voices and guitar sounds. Than at all it would be wasted money to get these package, what´s your experience with the blamco filter, is it sounds different/more useful than the other older established rack extension filters or as well not the big thingl?

Well i will give resampler a try and will also enslave the filter, thanks for the hint Crimson ;)

crimsonwarlock

06 Mar 2023

moalla wrote:
05 Mar 2023
So you say the kuassa EQ´s are the better ones
Not specifically better, but at least equal in functionality. I don't obsess over differences in similar type EQs, and having one Pultec-style EQ is enough for me :puf_wink:
-------

• Information