The new Instrument, "Objekt" is coming in May

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Kilsane

03 Mar 2023

the new Instrument Rack is coming in May, I wonder what kind of synth it will be

PhillipOrdonez

03 Mar 2023

May is too long a wait 😅

Neo

03 Mar 2023

Then again it May not lol
:reason: :re: :ignition: Atari 1040ST | R11 Suite 🡭 R12 | i7 | RME

challism

03 Mar 2023

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
03 Mar 2023
May is too long a wait 😅
Oh you thought they meant 2023? Nope. It's actually due out May 2024. ;)
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

PhillipOrdonez

03 Mar 2023

Neo wrote:
03 Mar 2023
Then again it May not lol
Lol

dusan.cani

03 Mar 2023

At least they could reveal what kind of synth it is :mrgreen:

Popey
Competition Winner

03 Mar 2023

Looking forward to finding out more and it has certainly got rs ambassadors excited. Perfect for cinematic piqued my interest.

Cannot wait for May 2024 😂 (kidding 2023)

Faastwalker

03 Mar 2023

Sounds like something pretty wild and potentially groundbreaking from the reactions.

Looking forward to seeing more. I’ve no idea what it could possibly be!

Tiny Montgomery

03 Mar 2023

The swearing seems a bit unnecessary.

_andreypetr_

03 Mar 2023

Okay maybe that geometric shape could say something to us

MrFigg
Competition Winner

03 Mar 2023

Hey guys. Been a long time since we updated our road plan so as a big thankyou for you patience we’re giving all R12 users our new free Rack Instrument absolutely free of charge. We’d like to take the opportunity to thank you all for your patience and support. Let’s make Reason pleasin’.

Did I dream this?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Popey
Competition Winner

03 Mar 2023

MrFigg wrote:
03 Mar 2023
Hey guys. Been a long time since we updated our road plan so as a big thankyou for you patience we’re giving all R12 users our new free Rack Instrument absolutely free of charge. We’d like to take the opportunity to thank you all for your patience and support. Let’s make Reason pleasin’.

Did I dream this?
Probably, I would ask support 😂. Might plant the seed for RS to consider if you did dream it.

svenh

03 Mar 2023

_andreypetr_ wrote:
03 Mar 2023
Reminds me a little of OP-1's synth engine "digital"...

Arrant
Competition Winner

03 Mar 2023

_andreypetr_ wrote:
03 Mar 2023
Something vector-related?

drno
RE Developer

03 Mar 2023

_andreypetr_ wrote:
03 Mar 2023
DemoScene? Assembly?

huggermugger

03 Mar 2023

Cant wait...
Attachments
MotleyFool-TMOT-39694fd5-yawning-man-laptop.jpg
MotleyFool-TMOT-39694fd5-yawning-man-laptop.jpg (29.58 KiB) Viewed 22057 times

supersmarter

03 Mar 2023

So it will be a Wavetable synth probably combined with something else (based on a geometric shape). Pretty sure it will be super nice. But (here we go here's a complaint) I think ReasonStudios would sell a lot more if they hire a well-known artist to speak about this. I am always underwhelmed by their promotional videos. On one side Ryan is super informational and a good teacher yet he gags in every video like a kid. Just like cheap toyish promotional of Chicco stuff for kids. Then there are youtube buffoons also known as "ambassadors" who are terrible. Really terrible.

Just one well-known artist would beat all of those that's just my IMHO. I have never heard of any of those people in the latest video. And most of them seem like posers and completely like staged awe..(it's prejudice but based on experience).

Like, for example, you see Richie Hawtin switched from Ableton Live to Bitwig. He uses Bitwig and then they post a video about it. Then there are two-three months of Bitwig activity on all forums worldwide. People selling Live just to switch to Bitwig. When Reason is a subject on other forums it is mostly some sort of complaint.

This might not be rational and you can find many minuses in this, but what I am trying to point out is that a well-known honest artist review would do a really good boost for Reason. But a real artist, like some legend, not someone you never heard of or someone with 4 releases.

Btw I love Reason so don't flame me. And 99% sure will be buying new stuff.
Last edited by supersmarter on 03 Mar 2023, edited 4 times in total.

_andreypetr_

03 Mar 2023

Yep, maybe some wt granular madness

jaeproduced

03 Mar 2023

May is not early 2023 that's almost the middle of the year...smh

dusan.cani

03 Mar 2023

jaeproduced wrote:
03 Mar 2023
May is not early 2023 that's almost the middle of the year...smh
Expect it rather as May 29th, so "Early 2023" transformed into summer, middle of the year :mrgreen:

But maybe it is worth waiting :mrgreen:

At the moment, still no information has been revealed about what this synth is. This staged not authentic promotional video of "WOW that is awesome instrument" doesn't make a big deal :mrgreen:

Chi-Individual

03 Mar 2023

supersmarter wrote:
03 Mar 2023

Just one well-known artist would beat all of those that's just my IMHO. I have never heard of any of those people in the latest video.
Well known is subjective. One of those featured is the creator of Stardew Valley Eric Barone. Watch the livestream RS did with him. I’m sure he has some influence.

supersmarter

03 Mar 2023

Chi-Individual wrote:
03 Mar 2023
supersmarter wrote:
03 Mar 2023

Just one well-known artist would beat all of those that's just my IMHO. I have never heard of any of those people in the latest video.
Well known is subjective. One of those featured is the creator of Stardew Valley Eric Barone. Watch the livestream RS did with him. I’m sure he has some influence.
No "well-known" is most definitely not subjective. You just posted a perfect example of what I am trying to say.

Before I explain myself further let me emphasize that I am not trying to devalue "Stardew Valley Eric Barone" work and in the same way, I am not trying to say everyone should listen to Minimal Techno and should be familiar with Richie Hawtin's work. Just to make it clear, I posted and mentioned artist Richie Hawtin just as an example of the "impact" that one real artist could have.

Richie Hawtin is a living legend, one of a few that pawed a way into electronic music and inspired many generations to this date.

Stardew Valley Eric Barone is exactly no one in the context of being a real artist. You see everyone call themselves "artist" these days but you know there are really a few real ones.

Take 10 random people which care about music, and music history. They don't need to be techno fans. Ask them about have they ever heard of Richie Hawtin or Plastikman. Then ask them about Stardew Valley Eric Barone. If I am forced to bet, at least one person will say that "Richie Hawtin" sounds familiar to them while ...Stardew Valley Eric Barone is who exactly? No ONE!!! I mean no one in the context of real artistry.

What I am trying to say is what I already said. A one-true artist review of Reason as a DAW (or the new upcoming synth) would top everyone else's efforts. I haven't seen this for a while. Don't start with Stromae, please. As I said, someone true to the source, not one hit "sell it while it's hot" "artist". Someone with weight.

As if you are trying to say people should be familiar with say a superstar in the Call Of Duty Olympic games. No one knows who is best in CoD. Because the real world doesn't care. Only gamers do, of course. But this is niche. Then ask random people about Ronaldo or Lionel Messi and let me know does that sounds unfamiliar to the people.

Once again, I am not trying to devalue anyone's work. I am not competent especially since I am less than a hobbyist. What I care about is the Reason here and the subject is the impact of real artists talking about Reason. I have never seen that. Like ever. All I ever saw at the best is someone like one song-hit "artist" or someone no one ever heard of. OR a video game musician Stardew Valley Eric Barone. Who is "Eric Barone, also known by his alias ConcernedApe, is an American video game developer, video game designer, artist, composer, and musician. He is best known for creating Stardew Valley"

You see that's right there. He must be superman to be good at everything mentioned.

Imagine saying Aphex Twin, or Ed Sheeran say something about Reason. Or Hans Zimmer. People would go nuts completely.

But no you have some weird people who no one ever heard of. Just why?
Last edited by supersmarter on 03 Mar 2023, edited 3 times in total.

BRIGGS

03 Mar 2023

Scenic crying in the corner now. :cry:

:lol:
r11s

Loque

03 Mar 2023

_andreypetr_ wrote:
03 Mar 2023
Yea, maybe. I thought the same. Maybe it can morph something or just creates something edgy...

Well, we know it is a synth.
Reason12, Win10

• Information