I have made a song to my baby-boy

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
NMRosta

22 Jan 2015

This is the first time i share my music on this forum but i hope the atitude is possitive and strong as it where in the "old" reason forum.. This is made as an intro to some kind of cartoon movie... :P

[soundcloud_track]http://soundcloud.com/nmrosta/adrian-an ... ir-balloon[/soundcloud_track]

NMRosta

23 Jan 2015

No feedback at all? :bawl:

What do you think? Coud i do anything better? etc etc etc..... Feedback or whats the point of sharing music?

Olivier

23 Jan 2015

I find this sort of stuff very pretty. Well done Sir! I like the sound and the feel.. The whole weird circusy thing thats going on, quite theatrical. Fitting to a little boys imagination ;)
As for the production. For me its sometimes a bit hard to hear all the different parts, but that can be my problem. I also think in some parts there can be a bit more dynamic variation in the individual instruments. I also think the harmonica player has huuuuge lungs. But thats all a matter of taste and style ;)

:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

NMRosta

23 Jan 2015

Thank you eahum for your feedback!

I love when people dare to share their thoughts! Yes it is made to my boy and my time as a dady is pretty "compressed" hahaha. So nowdays it is pretty mutch all about the creations. But that is ofcourse not any good excuse for lack of the very sonund.

I do agree about the dynamic. It coud have been a mutch more dynamic. I like to work with that kind of sound image when im making other kind of music. but i guess i where trying to just make something half-lame but cute sound. You will understand what i mean if you listen to all of my other creation that sometimes is a little bit tooo crazy..

Hahaha... i feel sorry for the harmonica players. I will try to be more human to them next time... :rofl:

Have a nice day/night /NMRosta

JoshuaPhilgarlic

23 Jan 2015

Yay, it's cool to hear that there are other genres covered by Reason than Hiphop or Dubstep ;) ! I can really emagine your tune in a cartoon movie indeed. Well done :) !

I did a musical box sound-alike loop for a children's video game in the past. Reason is cool for everything :D !

FUTURE ME

24 Jan 2015

Perfect children's music. I am reminded of a small circus or cartoon circus of silly clowns doing tricks and juggling on a unicycle. I bet your baby boy loves it. I bet he would love it if you wrote a whole album for him.
Give it all you've got.

Emian

24 Jan 2015

well, according to the kids' reaction over here, i guess you covered it :)
now time for a dose of mushrooms & play this on repeat for a day :D

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

NMRosta

24 Jan 2015

Yes he like the song. But he is still to small to really enjoy it.. i guess.. Hahaha. Thanks for the feedback.

JoshauPhilgartic, cool that you have made music to a video game. That woud be my dream to create music and sound for a game.

I like to combinate electronic sounds with real instruments like piano etc. Also to put in difrent layers of recordings that i modified so that it fit is purpose.

This is some instrument that i used in this track. (Very cool that it is so easy to share pictures on this forum. Thanks! ♥)
Attachments
2015-01-24_09_40_25-Adrian_and_the_blue_air_balloon.reason_.png
2015-01-24_09_40_25-Adrian_and_the_blue_air_balloon.reason_.png (317.29 KiB) Viewed 1493 times

jappe

26 Jan 2015

I'd say this is great music for a computer game or cartoon!
I guess that's your son at the end, right?
I have included sound and singing from my kids in a few tunes, when they were too young to realise they didn't want to sing:-)
Well done.

NMRosta

26 Jan 2015

Thanks!

I actually rigged the whole "baby gym" up with a microphone and made some recordings. This is from when he is very young and it is probably about the very first mumling sounds he made.

vocoderboy

26 Jan 2015

yeah man this was pretty cool. a bit disturbing at times but i guess its cos i don't like clowns and stuff.

NMRosta

26 Jan 2015

Hahaha but this track is about Air-balloons :)

Thanks!

• Information