Panel UI caching old versions?

This forum is for developers of Rack Extensions to discuss the RE SDK, share code, and offer tips to other developers.
Murf
RE Developer

27 Feb 2023

Hi Devs,
I keep seeing a situation in Recon where my UI updates are ignored.
For example, I make an update to the front panel UI and then rebuild, load up recon, then load the RE and it is still the old version of panel images.
All local asset files show the update including those in the GUI\IntermediateHD and GUI\Output\HD folders.
Has anyone see this before, and if so know a way to mitigate it?

Murf.

selig
RE Developer

28 Feb 2023

Brute force solution is to delete the file generated during the build and force it to rebuild it. Seems this was an occasional problem in the past, to the point I put a shortcut to the RE folder used by ReCon for this very purpose. Just shooting in the dark here, good luck with your issue. :)
Selig Audio, LLC

pongasoft
RE Developer

28 Feb 2023

This is a known issue since the introduction of HD. Recon simply caches the UI so any changes you make does not show. The only solution (until Recon gets fixed) is to bust the cache every time you start it.

If you use re-cmake, then using the -Z option when invoking any command (re.sh -Z install) does this for you.

Otherwise you need to delete the folder by hand: see https://github.com/pongasoft/re-cmake/b ... ake.py#L85 for how I do it

Murf
RE Developer

28 Feb 2023

Thanks guys, I tried deleting the target folder for the RE (that seemed to fix it in the past) but now it does not make any difference.
I tried the GraphicsCache workaround, looks good and working so far!
Murf

Murf
RE Developer

28 Mar 2023

I seem to be getting this issue badly with RE's that have selectable widgets, the panel graphics for the widget backgrounds are not updating even with the "fix" of deleting the cache directory and build files.
Any ideas anyone?

Thanks,
Murf

buddard
RE Developer

29 Mar 2023

For those cases you could increment the product version and rebuild, the entire cache for that device should be invalidated then.

Murf
RE Developer

29 Mar 2023

buddard wrote:
29 Mar 2023
For those cases you could increment the product version and rebuild, the entire cache for that device should be invalidated then.
This didnt work! I totally expected it to..

buddard
RE Developer

31 Mar 2023

Murf wrote:
29 Mar 2023
buddard wrote:
29 Mar 2023
This didnt work! I totally expected it to..
Oops, sorry, about that! I could have sworn that it was working that way before, but I could be mistaken.

• Information