Spectrasonics announces Omnisphere 2

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
reason2dance

22 Jan 2015

https://www.spectrasonics.net/products/ ... /index.php

I don't want to compare, but only the list of the new features alone are making me speechless!

jfrichards

22 Jan 2015

I have always loved the Spectrasonics stuff, but it's always been too expensive for me, like EastWest stuff, and Maseratis.

Tumble

22 Jan 2015

Looks really good. As long as the CPU hit isn't up there with Diva I will definitely consider selling some of my soft synths to get this.

reason2dance

22 Jan 2015

@jfrichards: Maybe, but to me only Omnisphere is (no disrespect for Props or RE developers...) like 50+ Rack Extensions in one plugin, seriously.

Unfortunately there are no demos for Spectrasonics instruments, so that you could get an idea of it. I own licenses for all three (Omnisphere, Trilian and Stylus RMX), they are expensive indeed, but their quality is outstanding and other-worldly.

But to be honest I also had to "gulp" when I learned about the forthcoming upgrade prizes: 249 bucks from version 1 to 2, 199 for "VIP" users (who have got all Spectrasonics instruments in their arsenal).

99 bucks would have been comfortable for me, but these update prizes somehow are "other-wordly", too. On the other hand such an instrument is a lot of work, which should be paid in a decent way, if the quality is alright.

Maybe and in general this is a new trend: DAWs are getting less expensive, plugins are getting more expensive...

Yorick

22 Jan 2015

reason2dance wrote:@jfrichards: Maybe, but to me only Omnisphere is (no disrespect for Props or RE developers...) like 50+ Rack Extensions in one plugin, seriously.

Unfortunately there are no demos for Spectrasonics instruments, so that you could get an idea of it. I own licenses for all three (Omnisphare, Trilian and Stylus RMX), they are expensive indeed, but their quality is outstanding and other-worldly.

But to be honest I also had to "gulp" when I learned about the forthcoming upgrade prizes: 249 bucks from version 1 to 2, 199 for "VIP" users (who have got all Spectrasonics instruments in their arsenal).

99 bucks would have been comfortable for me, but these update prizes somehow are "other-wordly", too. On the other hand such an instrument is a lot of work, which should be paid in a decent way, if the quality is alright.

Maybe and in general this is a new trend: DAWs are getting less expensive, plugins are getting more expensive...
It looks like a major update though. An entirely new instrument.

Petegwatson

22 Jan 2015

Omnisphere is an incredible instrument, I am very excited about this upgrade... but with all the new exciting stuff being announced at NAMM,  it will be difficult to decide which products new go for first.
Soundcloud - peachy

motuscott

22 Jan 2015

I have RMX by Spectrasonics. 
Excuse my lack of actual historical knowledge but it seems they were discontinuing it and offered current owners all their expansion packs for pennies and some sort of promise about not reselling the work as yours. Class act, I'd say.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

Secondary Protocol

22 Jan 2015

I use RMX and omnisphere, and this sure looks totally cool!

so much stuff, so little money :frown:

Benedict
Competition Winner

27 Jan 2015

This looks almost good enough to abandon Reason for. I love using one synth for everything. It appeals to the Zen in me.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

DNGmaestro
Competition Winner

28 Jan 2015

Benedict wrote:This looks almost good enough to abandon Reason for. I love using one synth for everything. It appeals to the Zen in me.

:)
Exactly what i thought. Reason lacking this kind of modern vst instruments and/or samplers is what's been bugging me for a long time.

Biolumin3sc3nt

01 May 2015

...And now she's finally released! Hell Yeah!

Iapetus 9

01 May 2015

Still waiting on what happens with Alchemy (still superior IMHO), but hey, at least Omni has audio import now. Different strokes and all that.
38L > 51D every time.

Puckboy2000

02 May 2015

Secondary Protocol wrote:I use RMX and omnisphere, and this sure looks totally cool!

so much stuff, so little money :frown:
I was watching videos on the demos and like all the effects on it. I was thinking of using another DAW and getting some VSTs. Can you run audio through the Omnisphere (1 and 2) to use the effects only (like you can on Predator in Reason), or can you only use the effects for the Omnisphere sound/patch itself? What about running another VST synth through Omnisphere's effects? Thanks.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than than that" - George Carlin

Olivier

02 May 2015

DNGmaestro wrote: Exactly what i thought. Reason lacking this kind of modern vst instruments and/or samplers is what's been bugging me for a long time.
I agree there's things lacking in reason. Especially Sampler RE's is something that has to be adressed.
Porting something like this over (if at all possible... probably not), to make it a real citizen of the Rack, so we can use all the integrated parts in a way that fits the Reason enviroment, is going to be a hard job.
Don't get me wrong, i wouldn't want to deny anyone their favorite VST to be ported to the rack but to me, these huge multifaceted synths with pages and pages of functionality don't fit the modular Reason style.
I'd love to see different parts of it as RE's though. No question about that.

:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

• Information