(acoustic electronic, lullaby-ish) RTFX | Qlangh

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
RTFX

19 Jan 2023

Tell me, is it something nice or just a disaster?😀
R11, NNXT, Kong, Predator, Pangea, Klang
All my tracks on my YouTube channel⬇️ https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK0j ... P0EoiuUkNO

Popey
Competition Winner

19 Jan 2023

For me really quite beautiful. Love all the suspense in this, not sure about lullaby as seemed quite dark and spooky in places for me personally.

Mix sounds great too. Loved it.

RTFX

19 Jan 2023

Popey wrote:
19 Jan 2023
For me really quite beautiful. Love all the suspense in this, not sure about lullaby as seemed quite dark and spooky in places for me personally.

Mix sounds great too. Loved it.
Thnx brother! Leaning more towards the dark side?
Mission accomplished😀
Mixing was more a pain than i expected at first.
Those dynamics of the music box were all over the place.
Dynamic compression is working overtime.
Glad u loved it!
All my tracks on my YouTube channel⬇️ https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK0j ... P0EoiuUkNO

Chizmata

20 Jan 2023

RTFX wrote:
19 Jan 2023
what a great work, RTFX, i'm quite baffled! i came here expecting some techno though :lol: .

the melody is very atmospheric and elaborate in it's core as well as it's developement, same goes for the percussions. the big chords at the end add quite an euphoric touch and the mix is outstandingly clean.

i do have also some criticism tough, the main point being: i feel the track could use more low end. i get that it's generally high-focused, but you could find a way to add a little more power to emphazise what's already there.

RTFX

26 Jan 2023

Chizmata wrote:
20 Jan 2023
RTFX wrote:
19 Jan 2023
what a great work, RTFX, i'm quite baffled! i came here expecting some techno though :lol: .

the melody is very atmospheric and elaborate in it's core as well as it's developement, same goes for the percussions. the big chords at the end add quite an euphoric touch and the mix is outstandingly clean.

i do have also some criticism tough, the main point being: i feel the track could use more low end. i get that it's generally high-focused, but you could find a way to add a little more power to emphazise what's already there.
Thnx so much for your constructive feedback!
I’m glad I surprised you in a positive manner!

Synthopathe

27 Jan 2023

It's really good! Sounds great and excellent video.

RTFX

29 Jan 2023

Synthopathe wrote:
27 Jan 2023
It's really good! Sounds great and excellent video.
Thnx for tuning in and your kind words!

Last Alternative

17 Feb 2023

Wow that video had me captivated. Is that your own music video? If so I'm curious (1) how you found, and got permission to use the location, (2) how you found the amazingly graceful dancer and how much she charged, (3) and boy were you lucky to have the crow in there to add more mystery - was that a coincidence or placed? ..some peeps do have pet crows.. Assuming it's your video - I'll feel silly if not but.. I'm brainstorming the logistics of making my own music videos this year.

As for the music, I agree it needs some TLC in the lows. Even a touch of subtle deep power. I've been experimenting with splitting the bass to have a separate sub bassline in the bass buss. It really makes a world of difference. I'm really impressed by the music-box. I always loved that sound and want to use it in one of my songs eventually so it's great to know it's in Reason - is it in Pangea or Klang? I haven't played with those much yet. If there were no video I would say the feel is dreamy and relaxing but with the vid it's exciting and emotional. Magical. Super clean mix. Loved the cinematic climax.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

RTFX

19 Feb 2023

Last Alternative wrote:
17 Feb 2023
Wow that video had me captivated. Is that your own music video? If so I'm curious (1) how you found, and got permission to use the location, (2) how you found the amazingly graceful dancer and how much she charged, (3) and boy were you lucky to have the crow in there to add more mystery - was that a coincidence or placed? ..some peeps do have pet crows.. Assuming it's your video - I'll feel silly if not but.. I'm brainstorming the logistics of making my own music videos this year.

As for the music, I agree it needs some TLC in the lows. Even a touch of subtle deep power. I've been experimenting with splitting the bass to have a separate sub bassline in the bass buss. It really makes a world of difference. I'm really impressed by the music-box. I always loved that sound and want to use it in one of my songs eventually so it's great to know it's in Reason - is it in Pangea or Klang? I haven't played with those much yet. If there were no video I would say the feel is dreamy and relaxing but with the vid it's exciting and emotional. Magical. Super clean mix. Loved the cinematic climax.
Thanks for your feedback LA!
The vid in fact is a vid I found on youtube. There is no connection between me or the dancer or whatsoever.
Through some video editing i managed to sync some of her moves with the track, so in a way i see where your questions were coming from.
The music box came out of Klang, but i also used Pangea and layered the musicbox with it here and there.
Thnx for tuning in!

• Information