Reason 12.5.1 Release Notes

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
deeplink
Competition Winner

14 Feb 2023

Refer to link: https://www.reasonstudios.com/en/reason ... ease-notes

Summary below;

Several fixes and improvements for VST3 support. Thank you very much for reporting these!
- General bug fixes and stability improvements in VST3 hosting
- Fixed an issue where Waves VST3 shell took a long time to scan on Windows
- Fixed an issue where Reason 12.5 aborts plugin scanning
- Better keyboard hotkeys and keyboard focus handling for VST3, now typing text in several plugins works as expected
- Fixed an issue where you were unable to control functions inside the AcidboxV2 plugin

- Fixed several issues affecting Arturia plugins
- - - Delete and Undo would sometimes result in a weird sound
- - - Editing parameters could result in a “laggy” sound
- - - Efx Fragments VST3 was mistakenly categorized as Utilities, not Effects

- FabFilter Pro-Q3's VST3 "solo" button did not work
- Fixed an issue where Neural DSP Archetype Rabea VST3 could freeze Reason
- PSP Audioware VST3 meters now meter correctly, as meters should
- Fixed an issue where Rob Papen VST3s could crash
- Fixed an issue where S-Gear VST3 would not process audio
- Fixed an issue where Spectrasonics VST3 Instruments could take minutes to load

Fixed several bugs with Automation
- Automation Override did not reset properly in Blocks view
- Automation lanes weren't created for on/off toggle buttons on some plugins
- Reason instantly toggles the automated button off in some cases

Fixed an issue where Reason 12.5 was prevented from starting on Windows

Fixed an issue where the Template Song window buttons were sometimes not accessible without resizing the window on macOS

Fixed a bug where Reason could randomly shut down on Windows

Fixed an issue where closing the Reason Rack Plugin window was slow and laggy
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

dan_g

14 Feb 2023

deeplink wrote:
14 Feb 2023

- Better keyboard hotkeys and keyboard focus handling for VST3, now typing text in several plugins works as expected
i wonder if this also has an effect on other plugins (VST2). for example the problem with sattelite sessions were it does not detect any keyboard input in the plugin-window. will try this when i'm at home and have updated.
:reason: :record: :re: :refill: :ignition: - 12 - Hobbyist
minimal techno - deep minimal dubstep - drum 'n' bass/neurofunk - brostep/deathstep - band recording

New Release: https://open.spotify.com/track/5mQ1XEQtZcVeFVfZvcS5kw

Loque

14 Feb 2023

Curious if Phase Plant will now be found...?
Reason12, Win10

moalla

14 Feb 2023

Again, only Intaller with Soundbanks download 🙄 5.1gb grrrrrrrrr
https://soundcloud.com/user-594407128
Reason12.5, Yamaha EG112, Ibanez PF10, RhythmWolf, Miniak, Ipad+SparkLE
SE2200t :arrow: VAS micpre MOTO:better repair-mod well made stuff than buy the next crap

dan_g

14 Feb 2023

dan_g wrote:
14 Feb 2023
deeplink wrote:
14 Feb 2023

i wonder if this also has an effect on other plugins (VST2). for example the problem with sattelite sessions were it does not detect any keyboard input in the plugin-window. will try this when i'm at home and have updated.
just installed and tested "sattelite sessions" still no keyboard input recognized...
:reason: :record: :re: :refill: :ignition: - 12 - Hobbyist
minimal techno - deep minimal dubstep - drum 'n' bass/neurofunk - brostep/deathstep - band recording

New Release: https://open.spotify.com/track/5mQ1XEQtZcVeFVfZvcS5kw

selig
RE Developer

14 Feb 2023

moalla wrote:
14 Feb 2023
Can’t you install from the app?
Selig Audio, LLC

challism

14 Feb 2023

selig wrote:
14 Feb 2023
moalla wrote:
14 Feb 2023
Can’t you install from the app?
Yeah, I was going to say that hitting the "update" button on the prompt at the top of Reason when it first starts is the best way to update. Otherwise, yeah, only being given the 5GB option is pretty annoying. I'm not sure why they don't offer separate downloads for the program and soundbanks like they used to.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

InTheCity

14 Feb 2023

Great, now I can longer drag and drop wav audio anywhere in the app.
Mp3 import has been broken for me since 12.5, I converted all my samples to Wav. Now they don't work either.

Great job!

Avith Ortega

14 Feb 2023

I am still waiting for the fix of:
- the REX files first-slice-skipping preview problem
- for the lack of VST multitimbral/MIDI Channel support
- and for the lack of the full range of MIDI CC's (001-127) automations and input support. 😥
Last edited by Avith Ortega on 14 Feb 2023, edited 1 time in total.

moalla

14 Feb 2023

I have downloaded the update per programmheader now (takes 1,5hours), but last time after doing that, the whole reasonfolders got broke and the code meter license wasn´t working, so at this point it was better to have several versions on the machine..... But now it looks like the reasonstudios team are completly convinced of the new release, that they have decided like this....

Meanwhile If this iss not only a one shot startup pony, browser improvements and gpu performance and drop devices in rack now works much much better, also the performance of a more cpu intensive beta plug like Mensla MS-2 are now two times better. As well when i load now the the biggest cpu hog NeuralQ or a chain of waves chambers and things motor, things texture etc. reason handles this intensive processing even smother, my experience.. I would thinking in the next weeks their will come the native M1 support. and already a new device.That Panda or Robotic joined (forgot who of them now are part of RS) the team was the best thing ever, what could happen :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Good things take time :reason: then it will be really nice and reason unique again
https://soundcloud.com/user-594407128
Reason12.5, Yamaha EG112, Ibanez PF10, RhythmWolf, Miniak, Ipad+SparkLE
SE2200t :arrow: VAS micpre MOTO:better repair-mod well made stuff than buy the next crap

ProfessaKaos

14 Feb 2023

For anyone who has issues/bugs in Reason on their systems should beta test and report them, otherwise they will never be addressed and you will forever be pissed off. I have the beta installed (and always up to date) on my system so if I come across any bugs/problems/issues I can test it in the beta and send reports off to make sure Reason works on my system how I want it to work.
Reason 12 & 11.3 Suite PC- Windows 10, AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus ROG CROSSHAIR Dark Hero VIII, 64GB G.Skill 3600C16 RAM, 980 Pro Samsung M.2, RTX3060.

https://soundcloud.com/juo-jual
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwNLcE ... DjhSI16TqQ

Kypresso

15 Feb 2023

ProfessaKaos wrote:
14 Feb 2023
For anyone who has issues/bugs in Reason on their systems should beta test and report them, otherwise they will never be addressed and you will forever be pissed off. I have the beta installed (and always up to date) on my system so if I come across any bugs/problems/issues I can test it in the beta and send reports off to make sure Reason works on my system how I want it to work.
Or they should just employ some beta testers rather than expecting me to do their bloody job for free.

Jac459

15 Feb 2023

Kypresso wrote:
15 Feb 2023
Or they should just employ some beta testers rather than expecting me to do their bloody job for free.
This is the whole point of beta testing lol...

Beta testing:
Versions of the software, known as beta versions, are released to a limited audience outside of the programming team known as beta testers. The software is released to groups of people so that further testing can ensure the product has few faults or bugs.

Anyway, considering the number of different type of computers, hardwares, usages, it is an unrealistic dream to have no need for beta...
Bitwig and RRP fanboy...

hamsterfactor

15 Feb 2023

My Rob Papen Distort VST no longer crashes, yay! :cool:
:reason: Suite 11  |  :reason: 12 perpetual license  |  :re::refill: |  macOS Ventura  |  Mac Studio M1 Max

dioxide

15 Feb 2023

VST Support or Beta testers will do all the work for you. But you can only choose one.

kitekrazy

15 Feb 2023

Kypresso wrote:
15 Feb 2023
ProfessaKaos wrote:
14 Feb 2023
Those are "yes" men.

There was less issues when Reason was proprietary.

reasonwhy

03 Mar 2023

Korg Triton VST3 no longer causes Reason to crash to desktop AND is loading a lot faster. Thank you :-)

kuhliloach

03 Mar 2023

This update has not made the RRP functional in Logic on macOS Ventura on M1 Macs. Still crashing.

MattiasHG
Reason Studios

06 Mar 2023

kuhliloach wrote:
03 Mar 2023
This update has not made the RRP functional in Logic on macOS Ventura on M1 Macs. Still crashing.
We have identified the issue and are working on it. I believe a (very dumb) workaround is to open standalone and on the log-in screen choose "Remember Me" when logging in. That should sort out the crash. The root cause, as I understand it, is that Logic was updated and got more strict with allowing plugins to open a dialog window before the plugin is opened or instantiated.

Hope that works until the fix gets released!

kuhliloach

06 Mar 2023

MattiasHG wrote:
06 Mar 2023
kuhliloach wrote:
03 Mar 2023
We have identified the issue and are working on it. I believe a (very dumb) workaround is to open standalone and on the log-in screen choose "Remember Me" when logging in. That should sort out the crash. The root cause, as I understand it, is that Logic was updated and got more strict with allowing plugins to open a dialog window before the plugin is opened or instantiated.

It has indeed remembered me and runs with machine authorization. The crashing is not consistent in Logic. Initiating the plug-in will often work, even several. Once the plug-in windows are closed crashes seems to start when they are re-opened, or when moving them to different plug-in slots in Logic.

MattiasHG
Reason Studios

08 Mar 2023

kuhliloach wrote:
06 Mar 2023
MattiasHG wrote:
06 Mar 2023

It has indeed remembered me and runs with machine authorization. The crashing is not consistent in Logic. Initiating the plug-in will often work, even several. Once the plug-in windows are closed crashes seems to start when they are re-opened, or when moving them to different plug-in slots in Logic.
Hmmm.. then that's a different issue entirely. If you haven't already, it'd be much appreciated if you could report this to us via support or if you're in the public beta testing. Thanks!

kuhliloach

13 Mar 2023

MattiasHG wrote:
08 Mar 2023
kuhliloach wrote:
06 Mar 2023

Hmmm.. then that's a different issue entirely. If you haven't already, it'd be much appreciated if you could report this to us via support or if you're in the public beta testing. Thanks!
For what it's worth this is the same exact behavior that the Plugin-Alliance stuff is having. Analog Obsession, on the other hand, works perfectly as they are simple plug-ins with no silly authorization layer that would need updating.

kuhliloach

13 Mar 2023

Would it be so hard for Reason Studios to simply buy a single new Mac and test this software on the latest OS?

supersmarter

14 Mar 2023

kuhliloach wrote:
13 Mar 2023
Would it be so hard for Reason Studios to simply buy a single new Mac and test this software on the latest OS?
For us users, it seems "simple" but for them, it's not so simple to test every possible scenario.

That said, the latest UAD Native plugins (Spark), Windows OS here, whenever I use their synths such as Opal or Moog - browsing presets is working but it takes significantly more time to load a preset when compared to any other host.

Example load Moog synth. Open the browser and try switching presets. It works fine but you will quickly notice that switching between presets takes 2 to 3 seconds. While in Ableton Live, Cubase, Reaper, and FL Studio - it is literally instant. Not a show-stopper at all but I observed this and could not unnotice it.

We have to give ReasonStudios a break here. VST3 compatibility seems "it should just work" for us but for developers I imagine it's a sort of nightmare to support each and every variation or iteration between various audio DSP developers because not everyone is following standards tightly.

• Information