Softube gone from the shop?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

11 Feb 2023

Jac459 wrote:
11 Feb 2023
avasopht wrote:
10 Feb 2023

I double disagree. You're both wrong ;)
Yes but you too! 🤪
#metoo
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

ProfessaKaos

11 Feb 2023

Ottostrom wrote:
11 Feb 2023
I use TSAR-1 on almost every track I make and love it. It's not an "all-round" reverb but that's also why I find it so useful.
Sad to see their stuff gone from the shop.
Yeah same here, I really like TSAR-1, love it on vocals.
It is sad to see them gone.
Reason 12 & 11.3 Suite PC- Windows 10, AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus ROG CROSSHAIR Dark Hero VIII, 64GB G.Skill 3600C16 RAM, 980 Pro Samsung M.2, RTX3060.

https://soundcloud.com/juo-jual
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwNLcE ... DjhSI16TqQ

strangers
Competition Winner

13 Feb 2023

It's a shame Softube never discounted their REs before jumping ship. It's a little concerning to continually see solid RE developers leave.

DJMaytag

14 Feb 2023

Korg, D16, and Softube are some of the OG devs who brought their RE's to Reason. They're not actively developing anything, and they pretty much missed the boat on what an RE should be. Porting a VST 1:1 to RE without adding anything as far as extra audio or CV I/O was severely disappointing.

If a current developer stopped suddenly, I'd be concerned.

joeyluck

14 Feb 2023

DJMaytag wrote:
14 Feb 2023
Korg, D16, and Softube are some of the OG devs who brought their RE's to Reason. They're not actively developing anything, and they pretty much missed the boat on what an RE should be. Porting a VST 1:1 to RE without adding anything as far as extra audio or CV I/O was severely disappointing.

If a current developer stopped suddenly, I'd be concerned.
To be fair, Korg and D16 REs are solid and do have CV connectivity. And even though Korg and D16 aren't currently making more REs, both still advertise their REs on their websites.

https://www.korg.com/us/products/softwa ... or_reason/
https://www.korg.com/us/products/softwa ... or_reason/

https://d16.pl/rack_extensions

Some other VST devs don't even make mention of their Rack Extensions on their websites.

DJMaytag

14 Feb 2023

True, but I thought the Korg RE’s didn’t offer more than the VST’s, and actually offered a bit less? Every RE instrument with ADSR and LFO onboard should offer those as CV outputs. That’s one big bummer to me on those RE’s, and I already bought the Polysix and Monopoly VST’s before those became RE’s.

Last Alternative

21 Feb 2023

Well actually I won’t miss their prices either but I do have the Tsar and Saturation Knob. And I play guitar and often use the Softube Amp so my concern is RS will eventually remove Softube altogether like they did with Line 6 which really messed up my songs because I had my tones locked in. The vibe was just right and luckily Kuassa replaced it but still... fingers crossed 🤞
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

avasopht
Competition Winner

21 Feb 2023

Last Alternative wrote:
21 Feb 2023
Well actually I won’t miss their prices either but I do have the Tsar and Saturation Knob. And I play guitar and often use the Softube Amp so my concern is RS will eventually remove Softube altogether like they did with Line 6 which really messed up my songs because I had my tones locked in. The vibe was just right and luckily Kuassa replaced it but still... fingers crossed 🤞
Has RS ever commented on whether the agreement with Softube was permanent (for future users)?

One thing is for sure, if you do have the Softube amps, they will be supported in future versions as they're just REs.

jam-s

21 Feb 2023

avasopht wrote:
21 Feb 2023
Last Alternative wrote:
21 Feb 2023
Has RS ever commented on whether the agreement with Softube was permanent (for future users)?

One thing is for sure, if you do have the Softube amps, they will be supported in future versions as they're just REs.
I think they really should have learned a lesson from the prior line6 deal and would not likely repeat this mistake.

syncanonymous

26 Feb 2023

I've started collaborating again with an old friend long distance. He jumped right in to RSN12.
I made a list of the REs I often use and was surprised to see Softube and FXpansion gone from the shop.
I bought the Producer Pack bundle in a sale.
I suppose some of these "outdated" companies can just provide VST for those that want their emulations.

I love the Softube FET on Bass and use DCAM ChanComp on just about everything else when I use ITB compression.

I see Softube has a MKII FET version in VST format...I never liked the RE-2A

And I never liked the TSAR vrb either; gimme the RP Verb every time
RSN 10.4d4_9878_RME UFX+_Intel Core i7-8700K 3.7 GHz__Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4-3000
ASRock Fatal1ty Z370__Palit GeForce GTX 1050 Ti KalmX__Samsung 960 PRO/ M.2-2280 NVME SSD
:reason: :re: :recycle: :PUF_figure: :rebirth: :refill:

Jagwah

27 Feb 2023

Wow Softube left? Jokes and costings aside this is pretty uncool.

We have had quite a few companies back out from the RE shop and it doesn't make much sense considering it's a digital shop that can be left unattended and the money can roll in so to speak.

As far as I know softube is a big player in the VST market and we were really happy to have them on board.

Any ideas as to why this keeps happening? Would it not be beneficial to just leave items in the shop? To back out seems to be making quite a move or quite a statement?

jam-s

28 Feb 2023

Jagwah wrote:
27 Feb 2023
Any ideas as to why this keeps happening? Would it not be beneficial to just leave items in the shop? To back out seems to be making quite a move or quite a statement?
I suppose they'd do it simply to get rid of any support requests regarding the REs.

DJMaytag

28 Feb 2023

Jagwah wrote:
27 Feb 2023
it doesn't make much sense considering it's a digital shop that can be left unattended and the money can roll in so to speak.
So they can continue to generate $0 in revenue? No one is buying that shit at the prices Softube is charging. NO ONE.

Whoopdee

05 Mar 2023

This is really disappointing and embarrassing on Propellerhead's part considering they contracted softube to develop their Line6 replacements. I own nearly all of softube's RE's with the exception of the full size TSAR-1 reverb, which I was planning on purchasing and now won't be able to anymore.

moalla

05 Mar 2023

Billy+ wrote:
25 Jan 2023
I'm glad that softube has been removed from the shop, I've not purchased a single RE that they produced and wouldn't recommend any as the bugs never got fixed nor did the price ever come close to the vst versions.

to me it looked like they was purely using the re shop as and advert for the vsts. ;)

good reddens to bad expensive rubbish.... :clap:

But who the... are the people behind this toothpaste business maybee misnes flouride heads of the past, who knows... but they know we need your money and our toothpaste sound is the best, also we have the power to bring up well anounced sound examples and comparisons in the differnet forums to sedate the moneyfull users in the right way, believe us we know it :puf_bigsmile:

Is the FET sounding so FAT, No, is it usefull sometimes, ye ye yes sometimes but for mastering maybe - maybe not
The reason SSL is the better choice, as well much better than the overpriced everytime "sale solid state wannebe SSL junk.

But Trident A Range sound neat, yeah at sale as well overpriced softube stuff.
https://soundcloud.com/user-594407128
Reason12.5, Yamaha EG112, Ibanez PF10, RhythmWolf, Miniak, Ipad+SparkLE
SE2200t :arrow: VAS micpre MOTO:better repair-mod well made stuff than buy the next crap

Jagwah

20 May 2023

DJMaytag wrote:
28 Feb 2023
Jagwah wrote:
27 Feb 2023
it doesn't make much sense considering it's a digital shop that can be left unattended and the money can roll in so to speak.
So they can continue to generate $0 in revenue? No one is buying that shit at the prices Softube is charging. NO ONE.
Didn't think of it that way, sales might be so slow over here it's just not worth any effort on their behalf.
jam-s wrote:
28 Feb 2023
Jagwah wrote:
27 Feb 2023
I suppose they'd do it simply to get rid of any support requests regarding the REs.
Yes same vein of thinking as above, shame but it is what it is ;)

• Information