After many months of work (started back in April...), I am very proud to release RE Edit v1.0.0 as a FREE and open source tool.
- Load the Rack Extension UI (hdgui_2D.lua and device_2D.lua) as well as the Rack Extension definition (info.lua and motherboard_def.lua due to its integration with re-mock)
- Allow to visually edit the device look and feel including adding/deleting widgets
- Handle all widget types
- Handle decals (like screws, holes, etc...)
- Grid (for constrained movement)
- X-Ray rendering (show transparent widget to align with background)
- Save the changes (which saves hdgui_2D.lua and device_2D.lua)
- Generate GUI2D/gui_2D.cmake for integration with CMake (simply include in your project)
- Import images (png) directly from RE Edit (single or multiple images)
- Support all built-in images (like cv socket, audio socket, etc...) so no need to manually import them
- Detect changes in the device and reload dynamically (on demand)
- Handle Custom Display SD/HD
- Handle 4K display
Check out the product page on pongasoft
Source code is available on github
And you can now join the Zulip chat (whether you are a developer or a rack extension/vst plugin user) for all your questions and feedback!
Let me know what you think, especially if you have feature requests!