Introducing: Portajohn!

This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets.
Forum rules
This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets. If you would like to share a patch here as an attachment, you must zip it first. Otherwise you can host your patches elsewhere and share the links here.
joeyluck

24 Jan 2023

Loosely inspired by Portatron, this is... Portajohn! :D

portajohn v1.png
portajohn v1.png (354.39 KiB) Viewed 1340 times

The main devices are 4 Mimics and a kHs Tape Stop (free). It's polyphonic and with the use of Mimic, it has built-in sampling.

The main inspiration is the ramp up/down (or lag) of the tape. This places the effects before the tape start/stop, which I like and feel it accents the tape stop effect more. And of course, you can follow the Combi with whatever effects you want.

I had to use separate Mimics for this because when using a few slots of a single Mimic, I was having issues with polyphony. If that can be addressed, I will update this patch to use a single Mimic. I've got some samples preloaded, but replacing them is easy. I still used the corresponding slots per Mimic so that they are a little easier to spot when scrolling.

There's definitely less focus with this patch on tape emulation. I'm currently just using the Noise of Mimic and Audiomatic's Tape preset. Maybe I'll add a tape warble effect? But I mostly just wanted to build something mainly for the tape start/stop effect when playing.

Oh...and there's also a Special button ;) Enjoy!

Download Portajohn

MrFigg
Competition Winner

25 Jan 2023

Is it intentionally named after those toilets you get at festivals and on building sites?

Edit: oops. Just saw the graphic. Guess I’m not as funny as I thought I was haha :) actually thought it was because Jo…well you understand.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Quarmat
Competition Winner

25 Jan 2023

Beautiful stuff. I am always in if there's Mimic involved :D

I am going to try this after work :) Lovely interface too, lots of detail - which I love. Cool idea the gradient on the edges to make it appear with rounded angles!

joeyluck

25 Jan 2023

MrFigg wrote:
25 Jan 2023
Is it intentionally named after those toilets you get at festivals and on building sites?

Edit: oops. Just saw the graphic. Guess I’m not as funny as I thought I was haha :) actually thought it was because Jo…well you understand.
:lol:
Quarmat wrote:
25 Jan 2023
Beautiful stuff. I am always in if there's Mimic involved :D

I am going to try this after work :) Lovely interface too, lots of detail - which I love. Cool idea the gradient on the edges to make it appear with rounded angles!
Thanks! Let me know what you think :)

StephenHutchinson

25 Jan 2023

Very impressive indeed... and thanks for sharing this.
:reason: Reason User Since Version 1.0
:refill: Reason Sound Design & Content Creation
Sound Dimension https://www.sounddimension.io

ReFiils: Ambientia Cinematic Soundscapes | String Theory (Friktion) | Algoritmo (Algoritm)

challism

25 Jan 2023

Very nice! Looks and sounds great. Thanks for sharing, Joey!
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

joeyluck

25 Jan 2023

Thanks! Hope y'all have fun with it :) Press the special button!!! ;)

It's also got a custom label feature lol. In case it wasn't clear because of the background, aside from logos and the sticker, all text including the channels uses combinator labels.

Labels.png
Labels.png (80.85 KiB) Viewed 1138 times

moneykube

25 Jan 2023

thanks for this... interesting construction :thumbs_up:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

arnigretar

26 Jan 2023

Really well done joeyluck! Thanks for sharing and for creating :)
https://futuregrapher.bandcamp.com/

Reason 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite, Roland Cloud, Arturia V9, Korg Legacy 3, Soundtoys 5, Waves Mercury, Sonic Charge Bundle, N.I.: Massive, Reaktor 6, FM8. + a lot of Hardware. Windows 7/10.

• Information