(90s dance/rave/Prodigy influenced) - Memories

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

21 Jan 2023

The beginning of this track started about a year ago in one of the Word-of-the-month challenges. The word "Memories" was suggested by Popey here at RT. So I decided to go back to my early Prodigy roots as I do sometimes, taking inspiration from their first two records "Experience" and "Gilted". It's not really trying to be an exact replica or anything, but I've tried to incorporate some similar sounds that are present on those records.
It initially was just a one minute song until I recently decided to turn it into a full track. Here it is. :puf_smile:

piku

21 Jan 2023

Voodoo people is in the place!
:thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

killhamster

21 Jan 2023

Really captures the feel of a lot of that era, excellent tune

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

22 Jan 2023

piku wrote:
21 Jan 2023
Voodoo people is in the place!
:thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
Haha yes!

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

22 Jan 2023

killhamster wrote:
21 Jan 2023
Really captures the feel of a lot of that era, excellent tune
Thanks. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I rarely make tracks like this.

Jagwah

22 Jan 2023

Yes cool track the lead is really well done and played and the space of it sounds spot on for what you were going for. I really love the arp in it, maybe it's your reverb spaces making it sound so good, keep it up man!!

RTFX

22 Jan 2023

Very nice!
A mixture of voodoo people lead, everybody in the place bassline and then some smooth Isotonik stuff.
Mixdown is on point!
FTF works well, but I’d love to hear some breakbeats too.
After all its the bb-era right?
Edit: oh wait, i hear a subtle bb at the 2:40 mark.
All my tracks on my YouTube channel⬇️ https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK0j ... P0EoiuUkNO

Popey
Competition Winner

22 Jan 2023

Really glad you made this into a full track. Great ode to prodigy and really cool song.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

22 Jan 2023

Jagwah wrote:
22 Jan 2023
Yes cool track the lead is really well done and played and the space of it sounds spot on for what you were going for. I really love the arp in it, maybe it's your reverb spaces making it sound so good, keep it up man!!
Thanks. I definitely spent some time dialing in the amount of delay and reverb on the Voodoo lead to get a similar feel to the original.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

22 Jan 2023

RTFX wrote:
22 Jan 2023
Very nice!
A mixture of voodoo people lead, everybody in the place bassline and then some smooth Isotonik stuff.
Mixdown is on point!
FTF works well, but I’d love to hear some breakbeats too.
After all its the bb-era right?
Edit: oh wait, i hear a subtle bb at the 2:40 mark.
Thanks. Yeah some breakbeats would've been nice. But in the end you have to do what works for the song. The 2:40 drum loop is actually playing during most parts of the song. It's just not very loud in the mix. It's one of those things you notice once you take it out.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

22 Jan 2023

Popey wrote:
22 Jan 2023
Really glad you made this into a full track. Great ode to prodigy and really cool song.
Thanks. Yes I'm actually a bit surprised I finished it. It's not often a start something, stop and then finish it a year later.

Rising Night Wave

22 Jan 2023

well, TritoneAddiction, it is a nice and a decent song you have made.
very good replica. very good as it self.

i really would not have any negative comment.

nicely done.
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

Superology

23 Jan 2023

Good overall quality, but no fresh ideas.

futurewizard

23 Jan 2023

I love it!! I did a Prodigy-influenced rave tune a while back ( Reason ). I love your tune, it's fresh.
<- my tune if youre interested
꧁༒☬Loyal Reasoner since 2001☬༒꧂

Check out my stuff: @ https://futurewizard.org

Superology

23 Jan 2023

Don't believe them.

Popey
Competition Winner

24 Jan 2023

Superology wrote:
23 Jan 2023
Don't believe them.
Strange comment, care to explain why TritoneAddiction should not believe the comments above.

I cannot talk for other people but I think this is a great track.

Quarmat
Competition Winner

24 Jan 2023

Charly says: never listen to rave music or you'll get a Tritone addiction

Great tune, some elementis give me a hint it's is not a track from the era, but the sound design on the bass and the lead is 100% philologically perfect. Good job!

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

24 Jan 2023

Rising Night Wave wrote:
22 Jan 2023
well, TritoneAddiction, it is a nice and a decent song you have made.
very good replica. very good as it self.

i really would not have any negative comment.

nicely done.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

24 Jan 2023

Superology wrote:
23 Jan 2023
Good overall quality, but no fresh ideas.
Thanks. It's not the most original tune for sure. The song is partly an imitation after all.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

24 Jan 2023

Quarmat wrote:
24 Jan 2023

Great tune, some elementis give me a hint it's is not a track from the era, but the sound design on the bass and the lead is 100% philologically perfect. Good job!
Thanks man. In many ways my TritoneAddiction name stems from Prodigy. They've had a couple of songs where the bass/chord changes used the tritone interval, Break and Enter, Hyperspeed, Charly (original mix). Before I studied music and learned proper musical terms me and my brother used to call the tritone interval "Prodigy bass".

RTFX

24 Jan 2023

TritoneAddiction wrote:
24 Jan 2023
Quarmat wrote:
24 Jan 2023

Thanks man. In many ways my TritoneAddiction name stems from Prodigy. They've had a couple of songs where the bass/chord changes used the tritone interval, Break and Enter, Hyperspeed, Charly (original mix). Before I studied music and learned proper musical terms me and my brother used to call the tritone interval "Prodigy bass".
Remains the question: how many times did u see them live?
Those moshpits were pretty hardcore tbh😀
All my tracks on my YouTube channel⬇️ https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK0j ... P0EoiuUkNO

Quarmat
Competition Winner

24 Jan 2023

TritoneAddiction wrote:
24 Jan 2023
Before I studied music and learned proper musical terms me and my brother used to call the tritone interval "Prodigy bass".
That's funny, because before having a grasp of music theory me and my brother, as teens, we called IV, V, VIm the Chords of God. Somehow I miss the sense of wonder and awe in regard of music we had at the time. Or maybe I just miss the 90s. Jilted, Dig your own hole and Homework just shaped my tastes in electronic music.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

25 Jan 2023

RTFX wrote:
24 Jan 2023
TritoneAddiction wrote:
24 Jan 2023

Remains the question: how many times did u see them live?
Those moshpits were pretty hardcore tbh😀
I've never seen them live. It seems like they put on a good show judging from clips. But I'm not really a big concert guy tbh.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

25 Jan 2023

Quarmat wrote:
24 Jan 2023
TritoneAddiction wrote:
24 Jan 2023
Before I studied music and learned proper musical terms me and my brother used to call the tritone interval "Prodigy bass".
That's funny, because before having a grasp of music theory me and my brother, as teens, we called IV, V, VIm the Chords of God. Somehow I miss the sense of wonder and awe in regard of music we had at the time. Or maybe I just miss the 90s. Jilted, Dig your own hole and Homework just shaped my tastes in electronic music.
Yes I agree. You can lose something experientially when you become knowledgable in a field.

• Information