What is the best way to insert and interval of silence

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
Panorama

17 Jan 2023

I want to cut from top to bottom and then move everything to the right of the cut toward the right so I end up with an interval. I assume there is an easy way to do this.

Baylo

17 Jan 2023

Place the left/right markers for the size of the gap you want, and then “insert between markers” (or something like that)

jam-s

17 Jan 2023

You can also use the razor tool on the top part of the time line in the sequencer to click-drag-cut a selection.

selig
RE Developer

18 Jan 2023

jam-s wrote:
17 Jan 2023
You can also use the razor tool on the top part of the time line in the sequencer to click-drag-cut a selection.
But the OP doesn’t want to remove anything (right?), creating a gap moving everything to the right of the gap on the timeline - so Baylo’s suggestion is the quickest/simplest IMO.
Selig Audio, LLC

jam-s

18 Jan 2023

selig wrote:
18 Jan 2023
But the OP doesn’t want to remove anything (right?), creating a gap moving everything to the right of the gap on the timeline - so Baylo’s suggestion is the quickest/simplest IMO.
Yes, my remark was just an additional piece of info in case the OP would want to cut and paste a whole section (e.g. to put it into a block).

• Information