Khs One Synth has been discontinued

Discuss VST stuff here!
Chi-Individual

17 Jan 2023

https://kilohearts.com/docs/download_an ... on#khs_one

It’s at the bottom of the page. So I guess the RE will either be set to free or removed from the shop soon.

Heater

17 Jan 2023

Never used it but folks seem to like it for bread and butter synth tones.

Mataya

17 Jan 2023

Isn't everything in Re format from Khs already free in the shop? If you didn't know by now, oh what a treat for you today. Enjoy!

M

DaveyG

17 Jan 2023

It's a synth that I quite like but rarely use!
It's always been the odd one out in the kHz product range.

dusan.cani

17 Jan 2023

Yes it's free some time ago. Both VST and RE.

It's awesome synth with excellent sound quality ! It has solid, punchy sound and it sits in the mix very well. It has classic subtractive synthesis architecture, but thanks to the shaper and two filters in series, wide palette of very cool sounds can be achieved.

crimsonwarlock

17 Jan 2023

Mataya wrote:
17 Jan 2023
Isn't everything in Re format from Khs already free in the shop?
Everything except Disperser.
dusan.cani wrote:
17 Jan 2023
It's awesome synth with excellent sound quality ! It has solid, punchy sound and it sits in the mix very well. It has classic subtractive synthesis architecture, but thanks to the shaper and two filters in series, wide palette of very cool sounds can be achieved.
... and it has the best setup for CV-modulation, basically a whole mod-matrix on the backside. If you didn't know, just click a label besides a CV input :puf_wink:
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

BRIGGS

17 Jan 2023

knobs so small :lol:

r11s

crimsonwarlock

17 Jan 2023

BRIGGS wrote:
17 Jan 2023
But you are still on 11 :puf_bigsmile:
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

BRIGGS

17 Jan 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote:
17 Jan 2023
BRIGGS wrote:
17 Jan 2023
yes...no has zoom :geek:
r11s

crimsonwarlock

17 Jan 2023

BRIGGS wrote:
17 Jan 2023
crimsonwarlock wrote:
17 Jan 2023

To be honest, we all know the examples where the rack-format has limited the RE conversion from VST, but in this case, it is the other way around. Khs One RE is a straight copy of the VST GUI, but it could have used a larger GUI as an RE and have decent controls. It also feels a bit cramped. I do like the sound and possibilities, but the GUI is not a favorite of mine.
-------

BRIGGS

17 Jan 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote:
17 Jan 2023
BRIGGS wrote:
17 Jan 2023

To be honest, we all know the examples where the rack-format has limited the RE conversion from VST, but in this case, it is the other way around. Khs One RE is a straight copy of the VST GUI, but it could have used a larger GUI as an RE and have decent controls. It also feels a bit cramped. I do like the sound and possibilities, but the GUI is not a favorite of mine.
I end up grabbing subtractor instead.
r11s

Aosta

17 Jan 2023

Grabbed it when it was released and very rarely use it, not my go to synth but ok for a play around.
Tend the flame

dusan.cani

17 Jan 2023

BRIGGS wrote:
17 Jan 2023
Yes, its microscopic UI makes it a bit uncomfortable to use...But you can always use VST version instead.

WarStar

18 Jan 2023

Never really liked this synth... Feels kinda thin if I remember right..

Jac459

18 Jan 2023

From kHs, I procrastinated buying phase plant and the ecosystem for long because it isn't cheap but jumped on-board with the recent sales.

It is simply the most advanced soft synth in the market...

Khs One... I got it for free, launched it once and never again...
Bitwig and RRP fanboy...

crimsonwarlock

19 Jan 2023

WarStar wrote:
18 Jan 2023
Jac459 wrote:
18 Jan 2023
Same here, at first. Listened to several presets and was seriously underwhelmed. Just last week, I decided to see if I could dial up a Berlin-style bass sequence on it, and it sounded great. Nice low-end, big and fat, and analog-ish. So, the presets don't do it justice, and it is pretty easy to dial up some great sounds on it :puf_wink:
-------

Jac459

19 Jan 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote:
19 Jan 2023
WarStar wrote:
18 Jan 2023
Jac459 wrote:
18 Jan 2023
Same here, at first. Listened to several presets and was seriously underwhelmed. Just last week, I decided to see if I could dial up a Berlin-style bass sequence on it, and it sounded great. Nice low-end, big and fat, and analog-ish. So, the presets don't do it justice, and it is pretty easy to dial up some great sounds on it :puf_wink:
Doing berlin style bass is a very good initiative :-). I love that.

I should give it another go then. But i have obsession,antidote and the legend from synapse and I generally love them for fat analog sounds....
Do you think khs one has a place between those 3 giants?
Bitwig and RRP fanboy...

crimsonwarlock

19 Jan 2023

Jac459 wrote:
19 Jan 2023
Doing berlin style bass is a very good initiative :-). I love that.

I should give it another go then. But i have obsession,antidote and the legend from synapse and I generally love them for fat analog sounds....
Do you think khs one has a place between those 3 giants?
I have those too. And Viking 2, and Expanse, and there's always Thor or even Subtractor. Or Algoritm for that matter. I have most Skrock synths as well. Does any of those have a place between the others :puf_wink:

To be honest, I did trial Khs One when it was a paid synth and didn't like it… mainly because I only auditioned presets. I still wouldn't buy it, but as a freebie, I do like to see what I can get from it. There are always nice surprises :puf_smile:
-------

Pepin

19 Jan 2023

I've always liked the unison on this one. Very clean sound.

exhortpeace

26 Jun 2023

I picked it up when it came out but I only use it occasionally; it's not my main synth but it's fun to mess about with.
word hurdle

• Information