(Hybrid) All Angled

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Popey
Competition Winner

16 Jan 2023

I was not sure about mixing genre's and had my moments when i really thought about binning this. Some days i loved the hybrid mix of styles, others i was not too sure.

thought what the heck and put it on my bandcamp as pay want you want (AKA Free)

What do you think? do the two genre's work well or is it just weird?

<iframe style="border: 0; width: 350px; height: 350px;" src="https://bandcamp.com/EmbeddedPlayer/tra ... rent=true/" seamless><a href="
">All Angled by Samiver</a></iframe>

WOO

16 Jan 2023

It worked for me. Nice work.

Popey
Competition Winner

17 Jan 2023

WOO wrote:
16 Jan 2023
It worked for me. Nice work.
Thanks WOO.

I must admit i am not sure i will try a wobble bass in techno/house again but I have at least brought peace with it now.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

18 Jan 2023

Sounds fine to me. :thumbs_up: I don't even know what two genres you have mixed anyway. I typically don't even pay attention to what something is categorized as. If it works it works.

Popey
Competition Winner

19 Jan 2023

TritoneAddiction wrote:
18 Jan 2023
Sounds fine to me. :thumbs_up: I don't even know what two genres you have mixed anyway. I typically don't even pay attention to what something is categorized as. If it works it works.
Thanks TritoneAddiction.

I guess because I purposefully mixed techno/house drums with a liquid DNB bassline I was very aware of it.

It was very much an experiment just to see what I ended up with and it still feels slightly strange even if it has now grown on me.

• Information