(solved) Is it possible to adjust the range on Nektar NX-P expression pedal

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
challism

15 Jan 2023

I just got the NX-P. Naturally, the first thing I did with it was to run it through my Nektar T4 and map it to Turn2On Wuababy wah pedal. But the range is locked in at about 50% of the frequency knob's actual range. Is there any way to adjust this other than by throwing the Wua into a combi and changing the parameters via the combi editor?

Thanks for any help
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

MrFigg
Competition Winner

15 Jan 2023

There's a trim knob on the side of it.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

challism

15 Jan 2023

MrFigg wrote:
15 Jan 2023
Excellent! I hadn't actually thoroughly checked the product yet! I was so excited to get it, I just plugged it in and started playing with it. So with the trip opened up all the way, I'm still seeing a range from 0% to 94.5% (which isn't a deal breaker for the $20 I spent on this pedal), but is that the normal maximum range for this thing? And I'm also noticing when the pedal is at the toe position (toe down, heel up) and my foot is off the pedal it twitches and moves on its own around 2-5%. Is that normal or is this thing faulty?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

15 Jan 2023

challism wrote:
15 Jan 2023
MrFigg wrote:
15 Jan 2023
Excellent! I hadn't actually thoroughly checked the product yet! I was so excited to get it, I just plugged it in and started playing with it. So with the trip opened up all the way, I'm still seeing a range from 0% to 94.5% (which isn't a deal breaker for the $20 I spent on this pedal), but is that the normal maximum range for this thing? And I'm also noticing when the pedal is at the toe position (toe down, heel up) and my foot is off the pedal it twitches and moves on its own around 2-5%. Is that normal or is this thing faulty?
I had an M-Audio before and wasn't getting the full range. The Nektar one has been fine. Unplug it restart Reason. Turn the trim knob all the way down and plug it back in then remote it. Should be fine. If it's jumping about just mess about with the trim a little bit.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

joeyluck

15 Jan 2023

Not sure about the Nektar NX-P...couldn't find a manual online.

I use the Yamaha FC7. It has a couple different settings for standing vs. sitting. Not sure if the NX-P has something like this? That could also explain the range?

FC7.png
FC7.png (101.6 KiB) Viewed 690 times

MrFigg
Competition Winner

15 Jan 2023

joeyluck wrote:
15 Jan 2023
Not sure about the Nektar NX-P...couldn't find a manual online.

I use the Yamaha FC7. It has a couple different settings for standing vs. sitting. Not sure if the NX-P has something like this? That could also explain the range?

FC7.png
Nah. It's just the trim pot on the side of the pedal Joey. I've been through the same procedure with a couple of different Exp pedals. I've got an NX-P and a T4 as well.
Last edited by MrFigg on 15 Jan 2023, edited 1 time in total.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

challism

15 Jan 2023

MrFigg wrote:
15 Jan 2023
I had an M-Audio before and wasn't getting the full range. The Nektar one has been fine. Unplug it restart Reason. Turn the trim knob all the way down and plug it back in then remote it. Should be fine. If it's jumping about just mess about with the trim a little bit.
I just noticed the two different settings (via 1, 2 switch on the bottom). When I have it switched to 1, I get full range 0-100%, but when I switch to 2, I get very limited range (0-94%). I'll restart Reason and see if that fixes it.

It doesn't look like the NX-P has any adjustments like the Yamaha FC7. Thanks for the suggestion, Joey.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

15 Jan 2023

challism wrote:
15 Jan 2023
MrFigg wrote:
15 Jan 2023
I just noticed the two different settings (via 1, 2 switch on the bottom). When I have it switched to 1, I get full range 0-100%, but when I switch to 2, I get very limited range (0-94%). I'll restart Reason and see if that fixes it.

It doesn't look like the NX-P has any adjustments like the Yamaha FC7. Thanks for the suggestion, Joey.
It's a polarity switch which allows use with different models of keyboards. Just keep it on the one (setting 1) where you get the full range.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

challism

15 Jan 2023

Oh, OK. Problem solved, then. Thanks MrFigg!
This is such a sweet setup. Loving my new T4 and NX-P. Strange that my new NX-P shipped without a manual.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

15 Jan 2023

challism wrote:
15 Jan 2023
This is such a sweet setup. Loving my new T4 and NX-P. Strange that my new NX-P shipped without a manual.
Register your keyboard and download the manual on the Nektar site. There’s also walkthrough documentation on how to use the T4 with Reason. You need to set up a few things then save it as a default song. Let me know if you have any problems and I’ll do my best to walk you through it.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

challism

16 Jan 2023

MrFigg wrote:
15 Jan 2023
challism wrote:
15 Jan 2023
Register your keyboard and download the manual on the Nektar site. There’s also walkthrough documentation on how to use the T4 with Reason. You need to set up a few things then save it as a default song. Let me know if you have any problems and I’ll do my best to walk you through it.
Cool. Thank you

• Information