How to Transpose a specific set of bars

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
Panorama

08 Jan 2023

I separate a set of bars in the timeline and I would like to transpose that section.
I could go into each bar and select notes and move them.
But I was wondering if I could select all bars and do it somehow.

huggermugger

08 Jan 2023

I think you mean you've got several tracks and you want to transpose one section in all the tracks. Here's a way to do it. But you've got to deal with occasional split notes and also being careful not to transpose drum tracks and similar.

Panorama

08 Jan 2023

huggermugger wrote:
08 Jan 2023
I think you mean you've got several tracks and you want to transpose one section in all the tracks. Here's a way to do it. But you've got to deal with occasional split notes and also being careful not to transpose drum tracks and similar.

Which sequencer is this? I have Reason 10

huggermugger

08 Jan 2023

I'm in R12. I don't think the Sequencer has changed much, but maybe I don't remember.

Panorama

08 Jan 2023

huggermugger wrote:
08 Jan 2023
I'm in R12. I don't think the Sequencer has changed much, but maybe I don't remember.
I was able to bring up the tool window (using the window menu), but the way you cut into all the tracks with one click, I have to create an interval for the left and right side of the area to be transposed. Seems very convenient if the latest version will do it.

huggermugger

09 Jan 2023

Notice where the cursor is, it only works if it's up in the ruler.

selig
RE Developer

09 Jan 2023

Alternate method, saves one step and same results:
Step 1:
You can also use the Razor to select the ‘area’ you want to transpose by ‘drawing’ a rectangle around that exact area (avoiding drum tracks, for example), making sure to set grid Snap to the desired range before making the selection.
Step 2:
(No need to select the individual clips with this method, they are already selected after step one above.)
Then use the Tool Window Transpose to type in your Transpose amount.
Selig Audio, LLC

Panorama

09 Jan 2023

selig wrote:
09 Jan 2023
Alternate method, saves one step and same results:
Step 1:
You can also use the Razor to select the ‘area’ you want to transpose by ‘drawing’ a rectangle around that exact area (avoiding drum tracks, for example), making sure to set grid Snap to the desired range before making the selection.
Step 2:
(No need to select the individual clips with this method, they are already selected after step one above.)
Then use the Tool Window Transpose to type in your Transpose amount.
Wow! That works.

• Information