Can I delete all VST screenshots and start fresh?

Discuss VST stuff here!
Enukito Ascii

02 Jan 2023

I have tons of VSTs and now that Reason supports VST3 all of those new screenshots are blank/ generic.

I'm trying to switch over to all VST3 if possible and figured the simplest way to organize/ manage plugins might be to start fresh with all blank, screenshot all the VST3, then go song by unfinished song, see what's using what, and try to replace the VST2 with VST3. Ideally to eventually disable all the older versions for organizational purposes.

I'm on a Mac and went into Library/Reason/GraphicsCache and pulled the folders out, but when Reason launched again the screenshots are all still there.

Am I missing something?

Any suggestions appreciated, thanks in advance.

Pepin

02 Jan 2023

The VST screenshots are at "~/Library/Application Support/Propellerhead Software/Reason/Plugin Screenshots".

huggermugger

02 Jan 2023

Just to clarify Pepin's answer, the screenshots are in your "hidden" Library. To get there, go to the Go menu in the Finder, and then press the Option key. The hidden Library will appear in the menu.

And personally, I would make a copy of those screenshots and put it aside, just in case I wanted them back. Takes a long time to make screenshots! :)
Attachments
Screen Shot 2023-01-02 at 7.13.57 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-01-02 at 7.13.57 AM.png (621.66 KiB) Viewed 363 times

Enukito Ascii

04 Jan 2023

Ah, perfect...

Thanks to you both! :clap: :clap:

• Information