Needle Distortion by Dusty Devices

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Faastwalker

05 Oct 2022

Damn! I hit TRY on this and finally got to looking at it yesterday evening ......... except my 30 days were already up! :shock:

I couldn't find any demo videos for this. Just wondering if I should just hit BUY anyway. Looks like my kind of effect.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

06 Oct 2022

Faastwalker wrote:
05 Oct 2022
Damn! I hit TRY on this and finally got to looking at it yesterday evening ......... except my 30 days were already up! :shock:

I couldn't find any demo videos for this. Just wondering if I should just hit BUY anyway. Looks like my kind of effect.
I’d say yes and I don’t say that lightly. It’s as good a vinyl plugin as you’ll get. Over and above. I really think it’s up there with the good REs.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

challism

06 Oct 2022

Faastwalker wrote:
05 Oct 2022

Do I hear a new competition? Dusty Devices Needle promo video contest! Winning video gets some youtube views.

I'd say go ahead and buy this RE. It's really affordable (great price) and it's really high quality, as MrFigg stated - I completely agree with him.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

jonnyretina

06 Oct 2022

veezay wrote:
02 Sep 2022
Needle is finally in the shop! It's a vinyl sound effect, but not your average type of vinyl sound effect. Needle actually simulates the behavior of a needle tracking a groove on a record. You can make it sound pristine or totally worn out. You can add different types of dust noises on the record. Everything is controllable with CV.
Instant-buy based on listening to the demos. Can't wait to download and put some audio through it later on!

Whoopdee

27 Oct 2022

Bump, this is a great sounding plugin, especially cool that it is not based on convolution technology, pure modeling and code!

MrFigg
Competition Winner

04 Dec 2022

Did anyone ever try Unfiltered Audio's Needlepoint? It's $19.99 on Plugin Alliance just now.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

veezay
RE Developer

25 Dec 2022

MrFigg wrote:
04 Dec 2022
Did anyone ever try Unfiltered Audio's Needlepoint? It's $19.99 on Plugin Alliance just now.
I did now. Looks to me like Needlepoint serves a bit of a different purpose. It's more focused on different types of compression and more precise tailoring of the dust and noise aspects of the sound, whereas Needle concentrates on the physical behavior and the resulting imperfections. I'm sure both have their places.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

25 Dec 2022

veezay wrote:
25 Dec 2022
MrFigg wrote:
04 Dec 2022
I did now. Looks to me like Needlepoint serves a bit of a different purpose. It's more focused on different types of compression and more precise tailoring of the dust and noise aspects of the sound, whereas Needle concentrates on the physical behavior and the resulting imperfections. I'm sure both have their places.
I bought it just out of curiosity and it's fine but I'm more likely to use Needle.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information