What are you eating these days?

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
RobC

15 Dec 2022

I made mulled wine from my own wine. Tasty and alcohol free. I had no clue what to do with it, if I can't possibly cook that much, nor want to drink more than occasionally. So yeah, mulled wine can use a lot of wine, when boiling the alcohol away.

Also, I saw somebody mention spaghetti, and wanted to praise his excellent taste; then I saw it was me... x D Nevermind. : )

littlejam

15 Dec 2022

hello,

i've never made wine before
but i do make kombucha (different batches / ferment times)
one batch has fermented into vinegar that i use for salad dressings

i also make tepache (fermented pineapple)
that i use to make a 'jerk seasoning' with a bunch of other peppers

here is matty and michelle chaos
beef stroganoff

caution: curse words and sexy jokes

today's meal is cold shrimp with cocktail sauce
a reheated steamed potato (resistant starch)
and steamed mixed vegetables

a very clean meal

cheers and eat well,

j
littlejamaicastudios
i7 2.8ghz / 24GB ddr3 / Quadro 4000 x 2 / ProFire 610
reason 10 / reaper / acidpro /akai mpk mini / korg padkontrol / axiom 25 / radium 49
'i get by with a lot of help from my friends'

RobC

15 Dec 2022

littlejam wrote:
15 Dec 2022
hello,

i've never made wine before
but i do make kombucha (different batches / ferment times)
one batch has fermented into vinegar that i use for salad dressings

i also make tepache (fermented pineapple)
that i use to make a 'jerk seasoning' with a bunch of other peppers

here is matty and michelle chaos
beef stroganoff

caution: curse words and sexy jokes

today's meal is cold shrimp with cocktail sauce
a reheated steamed potato (resistant starch)
and steamed mixed vegetables

a very clean meal

cheers and eat well,

j
Hi!

I haven't made vinegar yet, but yeah, it's good to keep in mind that making a drink (or drinking) isn't the only option when it comes to fermenting/alcohol making.

And whether the result is alcohol or vinegar, absolute YES!!!, it's brilliant for cooking or salads. : )

littlejam

18 Dec 2022

hello,

happyhappy holidays

i'm curious as to what people are planning to eat for the holidays through new years

for christmas, i'm trying for chile en nogadas

for new years, i'm trying for green chile pork / chicken posole (pozole)

edit: here is matty matheson making korean fried turkey for christmas with asian side dishes
(there is a long ad built in)

i hope it snows for christmas here in brooklyn, ny

cheers and eat well,

j
littlejamaicastudios
reason 10 / reaper / acidpro /akai mpk mini / korg padkontrol / axiom 25 / radium 49

littlejam

23 Dec 2022

hello,

doing a deep dive on the meaning of this song

watching 'rain man'

thinking of a recipe

so many different versions

j
littlejamaicastudios

Galahad

23 Dec 2022

I eat 'Chilli con Carne' almost every day. Why? Because it's cheap to fill my 6ltr slow cooker once every 2 weeks then just feast on the spoils of GAS... and it tastes great, which is a plus.

RobC

23 Dec 2022

Galahad wrote:
23 Dec 2022
I eat 'Chilli con Carne' almost every day. Why? Because it's cheap to fill my 6ltr slow cooker once every 2 weeks then just feast on the spoils of GAS... and it tastes great, which is a plus.
Just made that today! I boiled it though, so you don't have to "count the beans up to 39 and throw away the 40 ones". x D

rorystorm

23 Dec 2022

Galahad wrote:
23 Dec 2022
Ha, just started chilli and bean mix in my slow cooker for my Xmas dinner tomorrow

RobC

24 Jan 2023

I made and baked hotdog buns. The buns were excellent, but the whole hotdog was a bit disappointing for some reason.

The next day, home made breads are usually becoming like saw dust. Luckily, I tried putting one in the microwave, and honestly, it was much better than freshly baked! I loved the slight rubbery outer layer of the bun, the inside was nice and moist, but not soggy.

Is that sogginess just with store-bought buns??

Either way, I'm definitely gonna make more buns in future, knowing that thanks to the microwave, they can be brought back to life the next day. : )

motuscott

24 Jan 2023

Man, I could go for a NC State fair corn dog right about now, circa 1972
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

RobC

29 Jan 2023

I cooked pork patties, baked simple round buns, and made a sandwich and added ketchup, mayo, and mustard. So more or less a hamburger.

Throwing the fresh buns in the microwave for a minute, softens them up perfectly.

littlejam

09 Feb 2023

hello,

here is popcorners
very delicious

here is walter white greg filling a prescription

cheers and eat well
go eagles

j

had to add this one that i just found

littlejamaicastudios

littlejam

11 Feb 2023

hello,

another matty matheson video
with beef sliders

half way through he gives his game win speech
(strong cursing)
but very funny

cheers and eat well
go eagles,

j
littlejamaicastudios

littlejam

15 Feb 2023

hello,

this is buffalo in nepal
not for the faint of heart
very informative

the hang pan music is inspiring
some nice guitar licks

the channel is like national geographic based on food

cheers and eat well,

j
littlejamaicastudios

dhruan

20 Feb 2023

A large pot of cabbage soup was just recently bubbling away on the stove. One sweet onion, one red onion, two carrots, half a head of white cabbage, and potatoes (Finnish variety called Annabelle)... it might be my mind just tripping me but it is funny how sweet it actually tastes... and clean.

Bog standard (but good) ingredients, might be the fact that I cut all of them with a recently sharpened Japanese nakiri (knife designed for cutting vegetables, etc.), it just flew through produce. Clean cuts, better taste, or so I've heard from a number of celebrated chefs (so yeah, there might actually be something to it).

Anyway, this was a really fun start for a week, prepped the potatoes yesterday already. This morning it took me like max. 30 lazy minutes total to do the rest, prep the rest of the ingredients, sweat the onions, and then, put the rest of the soup together... garlic, parsley, marjoram, tarragon, black pepper, salt, and some white balsamico and naga jolokia sauce for added bite and clarity.

It turned out super yummy, esp. with a side of Finnish rye bread. Humble, yes, but super tasty.

soundcloud.com/armsgrade

RobC

20 Feb 2023

dhruan wrote:
20 Feb 2023
A large pot of cabbage soup was just recently bubbling away on the stove. One sweet onion, one red onion, two carrots, half a head of white cabbage, and potatoes (Finnish variety called Annabelle)... it might be my mind just tripping me but it is funny how sweet it actually tastes... and clean.

Bog standard (but good) ingredients, might be the fact that I cut all of them with a recently sharpened Japanese nakiri (knife designed for cutting vegetables, etc.), it just flew through produce. Clean cuts, better taste, or so I've heard from a number of celebrated chefs (so yeah, there might actually be something to it).

Anyway, this was a really fun start for a week, prepped the potatoes yesterday already. This morning it took me like max. 30 lazy minutes total to do the rest, prep the rest of the ingredients, sweat the onions, and then, put the rest of the soup together... garlic, parsley, marjoram, tarragon, black pepper, salt, and some white balsamico and naga jolokia sauce for added bite and clarity.

It turned out super yummy, esp. with a side of Finnish rye bread. Humble, yes, but super tasty.

Interesting! Could be tasty, even if white cabbage and onions' sweetness isn't really my thing.

I would have still thrown in some stock cubes. x D

I made bolognese sauce, and fresh pasta to go with it. It is a NIGHTMARE to cut every single "spaghetti" from rolled up pasta. Should have just made lasagna. This way I literally worked, for every single piece of pasta... About time to get a pasta machine!

rorystorm

20 Feb 2023

Home made pizza: tinned spaghetti and pineapple. Also tomatoes and olives.

It was really good.

rorystorm

20 Feb 2023

rorystorm wrote:
20 Feb 2023
Home made pizza: tinned spaghetti and pineapple. Also tomatoes and olives.

It was really good.
Note, cheese has got really expensive. Nz$18 for a kilo block - thats abt 12 euros. This time last year it was$10. Its crazy, half a dozen eggs are $12, a packet of chips is $5.59! The cost of living is out of control. Plus the supermarket down my street runs out of food all the time, even before the massive floods recently.

dvdrtldg

21 Feb 2023

RobC wrote:
20 Feb 2023
About time to get a pasta machine!
Dude, do it. Mine is my most treasured kitchen item. Fresh fettuccine for two in the time it takes to boil the water

RobC

21 Feb 2023

dvdrtldg wrote:
21 Feb 2023
RobC wrote:
20 Feb 2023
About time to get a pasta machine!
Dude, do it. Mine is my most treasured kitchen item. Fresh fettuccine for two in the time it takes to boil the water
"Slightly" better than 3-4 hours of manual work. x D
But yeah, definitely gonna grab one. Fresh pasta is simply the best I ever had!

littlejam

17 Mar 2023

hello,

here is sonny making a great chicken fried steak with gravy

the fridge gets the ultimate beat down so far
and a low blow shot at the very end

has anyone use / like 'raycon' earbuds for talking on the phone or on the subway / train ?
i still prefer wired headphones
(i am not talking about music production)

cheers and eat well,

j

picked up the lastest kuassa RE
sweetsweet
littlejamaicastudios

littlejam

16 Apr 2023

hello,

here is matty matheson making sausage and peppers

warning: foul language, but great recipe

i am grabbing this recipe and switching out the italian sausage for alligator sausage

it's funny how matty is a professionally trained chef and acts like he does

cheers and eat well,

j
littlejamaicastudios

plaamook

16 Apr 2023

Yeah I grew up w that stuff.
Love it.
Not sure about the polenta.
You eat it w bread man.
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

littlejam

16 Apr 2023

hello,

yeah about the bread
nyc street fairs and little italy would always have the best sausage and peppers sandwiches

i do like shrimp and grits
with the sausage / peppers added to that
it almost becomes a gumbo type thing
add some chicken pieces...

i've seen a lot of videos about AI creating recipes

@!@^&^^$#@!! that
i like to cook with real people

cheers and eat well,

j
littlejamaicastudios

Rising Night Wave

27 May 2023

it is not exactly a food (unles you like stones and bones :lol: ) but it is a vulcanic rock called Zeolith.
it's purpose to eat it or use it is to detoxify your body. it rocks! :lol: nyami nyami! :lol:

i sleep more well, i feel in general better and so on. if you are interested into it... go for it - look by using google.
uncle google knows it all. :lol:
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

• Information