New Roadmap (December 2022)

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
avasopht
Competition Winner

17 Dec 2022

PropitiousME wrote:
17 Dec 2022
This isn't a competition, but that's seems to be your bag sir.
WRONG.

The reason for suggesting a wager is actually to help you to integrate your internal beliefs with reality (the real world).

Anyone can speculate. For every sentence in the Roadmap, you can just deny it and make some suggestion to support your presumption. I could speculate that the true end goal of R+ is to trick perpetual users into buying every upgrade in fear each version could be the last before we're all forced to subscribe until our last dying breath and then find silly ways to confirm that belief by distorting and twisting as many statements as I can as well.

It's cheap as hell to invent conspiracy theories and catastrophise without a sound basis.

When there's a consequence (even if it's just bragging rights, or winning a dollar), your brain responds to it with a very different neural pathway. It ties its ideation process to a more solid and consistent model of the world that responds to feedback that challenges its assumptions and calculations.

This is also why conspiracy theories are draining. 99% of the time they are wrong, and are worse than guessing, so they're just time wasters.

So no, it had nothing to do with competition. You thought that's what I was motivated by, but now you have been informed (by an authority on what I think and motivates me) that your presumption was incorrect.
PropitiousME wrote:
17 Dec 2022
without being treated like an idiot
Writing like this (below) really is not helping you. I could also speculate about you too and accuse you of writing as you do for attention or call you names and accuse you of silly things as you have just done, but that's not productive at all. Don't you think?
PropitiousME wrote:
17 Dec 2022
A wager? How old are you? This is exactly what I'm talking, border line troll behavior. It isn't about me winning an argument with you or the next adolescent response in the forum. This isn't a competition, but that's seems to be your bag sir.
Last edited by avasopht on 17 Dec 2022, edited 3 times in total.

avasopht
Competition Winner

17 Dec 2022

Maybe we should have a speculation forum (as a subsection of the Kitchen or something) ;)

EnochLight

17 Dec 2022

PropitiousME wrote:
17 Dec 2022
A wager? How old are you? This is exactly what I'm talking, border line troll behavior. It isn't about me winning an argument with you or the next adolescent response in the forum. This isn't a competition, but that's seems to be your bag sir. It's about expressing feedback on Reasons development timeline as it relates to what we can expect as paid users and how improvements might be made to the existing revenue model and life cycle (without being treated like an idiot). I'll speculate all I want sir.
avasopht wrote:
17 Dec 2022
Writing like this (below) really is not helping you. I could also speculate about you too and accuse you of writing as you do for attention or call you names and accuse you of silly things as you have just done, but that's not productive at all. Don't you think?
/Mod note:

Let's keep things civil folks. At the end of the day, we all have opinions on whether things are happening fast enough or will ever happen at all and we're all armchair CEO's. If someone doesn't agree with you, either engage in a friendly debate or disengage. There's also the forum "add foe" function in a profile if you're so inclined. Also, IMHO wagers aren't trollish nor childish. Plenty of people engage in a friendly wager to prove a point.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

deeplink
Competition Winner

17 Dec 2022

These roadmaps have been [insert wager here] for the ReasonTalk forum.

😀 just a joke, let's all look forward to the new year with software that we are passionate about
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

Creativemind

17 Dec 2022

I wonder if the RRP will get any love as I'm quite happy with Reaper using the RRP, Reason is just simply too far behind to get anywhere near to being a daw I could use stand-alone again. Maybe in 2024 lol! Just wanna get undo history, loading samples straight into NN-XT, NN-19, Grain, Mimic etc and being able to use VST3 plug-ins in Combinators and that RRP would be perfect.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Creativemind

17 Dec 2022

PropitiousME wrote:
16 Dec 2022
Well stated. On the surface, it's an encouraging update. I guess we'll see what the below reference actually means though:
During 2023 we’ll keep adding features to Reason 12 to continue making it the best version of Reason ever
Call me cynical, but my gut tells me that statement should have ended with "for R+ subscribers". :twisted: Regardless, I bit the bullet on 12 UG (perp). Hopefully Monday's update goes well for the team so they can move forward post holiday.

Bare minimum, core DAW functionality and or workflow improvements should affect everyone in 2023. You have our attention RS.
Well if they add features there would be an update, so if you're on 12, then whether you're on the subscription or not, you'd both get the new features, don't quite get your gripe?
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

kurtg

17 Dec 2022

Great roadmap update, looking forward to m1 beta test and release

teddymcw

17 Dec 2022

I appreciate the much more internal dev friendly tone. Changing from over promising to being direct and giving the devs their props is refreshing.

This thread though, meh.

dvdrtldg

17 Dec 2022

PropitiousME wrote:
17 Dec 2022
This forum is ridiculous and so closed minded sometimes. Half the topics come from the same people because there's so many lurkers here who dare not step foot with an opinion for fear it might trigger the thought police that run rampant around here.
:lol:

Might I respectfully suggest you get off the internet for a while and go for a walk in the fresh air

PropitiousME

17 Dec 2022

dvdrtldg wrote:
17 Dec 2022
PropitiousME wrote:
17 Dec 2022
This forum is ridiculous and so closed minded sometimes. Half the topics come from the same people because there's so many lurkers here who dare not step foot with an opinion for fear it might trigger the thought police that run rampant around here.
:lol:

Might I respectfully suggest you get off the internet for a while and go for a walk in the fresh air
Respectfully noted, but I make no apologies for defending myself. The propensity for folks to pile on one mischaracterized response that takes things way out of context is great with this forum at times (esp if it's something critical of Reason). Next thing you know you got a wall of folks that clearly haven't even read the entire dialogue that are chiming in and further muddying the waters. I do think there are more lurkers here than actual posters (16,908 members). :puf_smile:

avasopht
Competition Winner

17 Dec 2022

dvdrtldg wrote:
17 Dec 2022
Well, if Google maps is everywhere, and Google maps is on the internet, are you ever really off the internet 😲

PhillipOrdonez

17 Dec 2022

Can't wait for vst3! I want it to be Monday already! 😅

visheshl

17 Dec 2022

Man i just need vsts as players 😞
It's really screwing up my workflow, not being able to have a single track for each sound.
But then i remember what it was like before DAWs and so i keep silent.
Can RS add midi vsts as players to the roadmap please. It's important.

crimsonwarlock

18 Dec 2022

visheshl wrote:
17 Dec 2022
It's really screwing up my workflow, not being able to have a single track for each sound.
So, you moved to Ableton, and now you are asking for Reason to solve a problem you have in how Ableton does MIDI :thumbup: :clap: :lol:
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

visheshl

18 Dec 2022

crimsonwarlock wrote:
18 Dec 2022
visheshl wrote:
17 Dec 2022
So, you moved to Ableton, and now you are asking for Reason to solve a problem you have in how Ableton does MIDI :thumbup: :clap: :lol:
Well....i mean yeah, 😂 but you know it would be nice if this was possible. PPL using RRP in any DAW would benefit. Think about it, you could have all the devices that make up a sound including midi devices, instruments, fx all in one rack saved as a vst patch...

crimsonwarlock

18 Dec 2022

visheshl wrote:
18 Dec 2022
Think about it, you could have all the devices that make up a sound including midi devices, instruments, fx all in one rack saved as a vst patch...
You mean... what Reason already does with all its players, instruments and FX :puf_bigsmile:
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

visheshl

18 Dec 2022

crimsonwarlock wrote:
18 Dec 2022
visheshl wrote:
18 Dec 2022
Think about it, you could have all the devices that make up a sound including midi devices, instruments, fx all in one rack saved as a vst patch...
You mean... what Reason already does with all its players, instruments and FX :puf_bigsmile:
Now you're just pulling my leg man, you know it would be an awesome feature to have...😉

Once upon a time i was really not in favour of vsts in Reason Rack.
But then i bumped into some limitations that only vsts could solve or I'd have to wait for years for RS to update their SDKs etc and some RE dev to come up with said RE...so then it make sense to have vsts in the rack at least available until there is a device on the reason store that can do what you wanted.

andyhsong

18 Dec 2022

very excited and happy to see this new roadmap! reason is going to be a beast once they get the m1/offline support done and start being able to focus on the fun stuff!!!!

deigm

18 Dec 2022

Not much to take away from this roadmap update. VST3 and M1 coming along well. Great, but I feel like we knew that. And more features coming but not what or when. One would assume so!

I suppose no news is good news. Carry on :puf_smile:

Yonatan

18 Dec 2022

Good to see the roadmap still alive. Feel good about it. R12 will keep going 2023 it seems. I take it as if they see the value in focusing on delivering new features to R12 as well as new devices. A new version number might only distract.
I kind of read the roadmap as if the vst3 and silicon native as well as offline authorization for R+ will be a foundation that allows for other additions to be made to R12. The optimism from Reason crew bodes well I think. They know they will make users excited in the next year(s) ahead. I am perpetual R12 but might go R+ at some point this next year or by 2024. The list of devices missing is getting bit too much for me to see any value to buy them one by one even on sale.

wereMole88

18 Dec 2022

Excited about offline authorisation! Excellent news :thumbup:

Last months I've had a small hickup twice at remote locations where I log in to Reason with a mobile hotspot and it wants to update some rack extension or device - argh!

crimsonwarlock

18 Dec 2022

visheshl wrote:
18 Dec 2022
Now you're just pulling my leg man, you know it would be an awesome feature to have...😉
I'm not pulling anything (certainly not your leg :lol: ), Reason being my main DAW means I actually do have that. And if I would move (back) to another DAW, I would use mainly Reason's RRP with Reason-native/RE players, FX and instruments, and have it that way too.

Seriously, the reason you think you don't have what you ask for is actually by your own decision to be reliant on VST plugins. I decided to move to Reason DAW and focus on using what is available without relying on VST-plugins, as that will give me the best user-experience, the best sequencer integration, etc. The few VST-plugins I like to use (like, not need) I have wrapped into combinators, which again gives me the Reason experience and integration with its sequencer. I don't know of any DAW that brings that level of integration for non-native plugins.
visheshl wrote:
18 Dec 2022
But then i bumped into some limitations that only vsts could solve...
Such as? This is a serious question, as I can't think of anything I'm missing in Reason when it comes to players, FX or instruments (that could be solved with VST plugins). The only VST I really want to use is Surge XT, and obviously not for a lack of really good instruments in Reason (which I have most of them).
-------

visheshl

18 Dec 2022

Ok so DAW wise Ableton has it covered. And i use only RRP for all my sounds.
However i need an arpeggiator player in reason which can play very long chains of patterns without needing any automation or workaround.
Which we don't YET have in reason. So i need to use a vst arp.
I contacted the dev too asking if he could port it to an RE, but he cited some sdk issue if i remember correctly.
So as of now that is probably the only device i need to use a vst for...earlier there were a few more reasons to use vsts, but nowadays there's all sorts of devices available on the reason shop...so that's ok.

crimsonwarlock

18 Dec 2022

visheshl wrote:
18 Dec 2022
...without needing any automation or workaround.
You are basically saying, "if it's not working as I want, I can't use it". Your life must be hard :shock:

As a wise man once said: "You need to learn to compromise" :puf_wink:

I'll leave it at that. I'm happy with Reason as my DAW, and as I posted earlier in this topic: I like the gist of the last 'roadmap'.
-------

moalla

18 Dec 2022

So many People are frustrated, yeah me too
but so far do we need trolling this forum?

So what i understand from the site of postive thinking people, that they are really waiting for sequencer improvements especiall for live usage!!!

Maybee i'm not postive in this crazy times of conspiracy theories and dehumanization of community and rights on the other side, private facts....

As a hobbiest last months especial chord sequencer opens up a new space and way to learn different rules of chord progressions for me.

It's the question, what kind of futureprogress reason needs. I would say more RackExtention SDK improvements especial in things of notes and timing issues, when i comes to the point what's make me crazy and why i could not do unquantized recordings in sequences for example, and the big thing with recorded audio data and must saving it multiple times if you rename a project after hours, sample import and especial a feature like automatic start a new loop recording, for midi and audiotracks like ableton has!

At the end a SDK extension needs time also to implement MPE , a new file and path structure needs framework adjustments when i understand it right, but the rest are small improvements how are long overdue.
https://soundcloud.com/user-594407128
Reason12.5, Yamaha EG112, Ibanez PF10, RhythmWolf, Miniak, Ipad+SparkLE
SE2200t :arrow: VAS micpre MOTO:better repair-mod well made stuff than buy the next crap

• Information