An option to show built-in devices/plugins as a list?

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
Propellerhands

17 Dec 2022

After spending more time with Ableton, I realized how much more productive I am when I can see all plugins as a list, which fit on screen without scrolling, compared to Reason's thumbnails. Or perhaps it is just me?

It would be great if RS added a feature to choose between thumbnails like it is right now and between a simple list with just names of devices/plugins. Sure, seeing thumbnails is fun and more visually appealing, but I do not know, wish we had this choice of viewing it as a list too. Now I have no idea if Ableton has an option to show plugins as thumbnails, like in Reason, probably not. I'm still a noob there.

P.S. can't remember if I created this thread before, if I did, please delete it. My memory is like a 80 year old.
"Shut the fuck up and use the software. It's great." - stillifegaijin on Reason

huggermugger

17 Dec 2022

I'm 100% with you. Voltage Modular has the option, and while it's nice to have a choice, the list mode is way more efficient for me.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-12-17 at 11.29.13 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-12-17 at 11.29.13 AM.png (382.44 KiB) Viewed 651 times

deeplink
Competition Winner

17 Dec 2022

An easy - but not built in solution - is simply resaving the "init" patches in a folder, and have that folder as a shortcut in your browser.

That's the way I've done it, and haven't looked back since.
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

huggermugger

17 Dec 2022

deeplink wrote:
17 Dec 2022
An easy - but not built in solution - is simply resaving the "init" patches in a folder, and have that folder as a shortcut in your browser.

That's the way I've done it, and haven't looked back since.
Great idea. I do this already for favourite Kontakt and Reaktor instruments. I'll have to stock up on stout for the task ahead. :)

avasopht
Competition Winner

17 Dec 2022

joeyluck wrote:
17 Dec 2022
Have you tried using the Create menu? That's a list.
I was thinking the same, but if it's really important to them for this to be in the browser, they could just create a patch per device and add the folder as a favourite (probably been suggested already).

visheshl

17 Dec 2022

Just use create menu friend like already suggested. If you're not aware, right click inside the rack in empty space, a menu will pop up with list of all devices.

• Information