RPG8 bug in RRP?

This forum is for discussing the Reason Rack Plugin, the version of the Reason rack that runs as a VST3, AU, AAX in other DAWs.
Jackjackdaw

16 Dec 2022

I wanted to use RPG 8 in Cubase to drive a VST instrument. I started by putting it as an fx insert but nothing doing there so I created a seperate instrument track for RRP and hooked up RPG8 to a midi out device.

Then I routed the midi from the RRP to the VST instrument track (Arturia Stage-73v) in Cubase. I then created a one bar chord in the RRP track and it kind of worked. An arp was playing on the VST instrument. But not entirely correctly. I had the single bar chord on a loop and at the start of each cycle it momentarily played the whole chord before continuing to arp it for the rest of the bar.

In Stand-alone I loaded up the same VST instrument and an RPG8 with same one bar chord on a loop and the arp was continuous, no full chord artifact.

huggermugger

16 Dec 2022

It happens to me in Logic too. Problem solved when I put RPG8 and the MIDI OUT device into a Combinator. Make sure "Key" is unchecked for the MIDI Out device (it defaulted unchecked for me). Otherwise, the MIDI Out passes the original incoming notes on to the instrument as well as the arpeggios.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-12-16 at 6.58.47 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-12-16 at 6.58.47 PM.png (568.33 KiB) Viewed 785 times

Jackjackdaw

17 Dec 2022

Thanks for the workaround.

• Information