What did you just buy yourself?

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
crimsonwarlock

29 Nov 2022

miyaru wrote:
29 Nov 2022
Are you on a motorbike or a pushbike? I have a motorbike, a Yamaha XJR 1200 SP in Kenny Roberts colors.
My daily driver is a Kawasaki Versys 1000. My 'fun' bike is actually close to yours, it's a CB1300.

photo_2022-11-29_14-09-10.jpg
photo_2022-11-29_14-09-10.jpg (387.68 KiB) Viewed 1686 times
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

miyaru

29 Nov 2022

Very nice!!!!!

These naked bikes are real fun ain’t they?
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :thumbup:

crimsonwarlock

29 Nov 2022

miyaru wrote:
29 Nov 2022
Very nice!!!!!

Absolutely. But I must say, my CB1300 is pretty spartan, no ABS or any of that stuff, but the Versys is on the other end of the spectrum with active suspension, cornering ABS, traction control, which makes riding it also very nice.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

fullforce

29 Nov 2022

Some land in Scotland. You may call me Lord now.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

miyaru

29 Nov 2022

Lord Fullforce, may the force be with you!

🥳 congrats!!!!!!
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,

miyaru

29 Nov 2022

crimsonwarlock wrote:
29 Nov 2022
miyaru wrote:
29 Nov 2022
Very nice!!!!!

Absolutely. But I must say, my CB1300 is pretty spartan, no ABS or any of that stuff, but the Versys is on the other end of the spectrum with active suspension, cornering ABS, traction control, which makes riding it also very nice.
Mine has none of it too, happy it has an electric starter….LOL.
Greetings from Miyaru.

Rising Night Wave

02 Dec 2022

Rising Night Wave wrote:
24 Nov 2022
i just bought - ordered - at amazon.de new m.2 nvme ssd 2tb by crucial.
my samsung got some bad secrots and clusters.

damn. i still do not know how this happened and why.

summa summarum one of my project reason files is corrupted.
and some my FLAC 192/24 export files are also corrupted. for these are no worries. i will do a new export.

also some mp3/flac files are corrupted from my music library. and some my project adobe photoshop .psd files too.

f**k, s**t, p**s!

anyway, i will get my new crucial ssd in 8 days.
i hope t will serve well.

i shall stard doing my backups more frequently. and on more places.

:cry: not funny at all.
i forgot to write. yesterday i got this Crucial P5 Plus 2TB M.2 nvme SSD from Amazon.de.
installation was okey. formatting too. now i am already using it.
everything is fine and okey.

i hope it will serve well (without any bad sectors or any other form of damage/failure) at least in period of warranty which is 5 years.
and i will start doing my backup copies frequently and on more places. i can not afford to loose my project files or any other file of mine.
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

Rising Night Wave

03 Dec 2022

Okey.

I just sent an e-mail to Japanese online web store CDJapan.co.jp asking them if they will sell to me these headphones: SONY MDR-M1ST Hi-Res Audio monitor headphones.

I want to have them badly! :P

But problem is SONY is selling these headphones only to non-commercial customers, meaning to companies and so on.
Also warranty is not included since so and so on. This is stated on their official web site. Look at the link.

Okey, warranty is not a problem. Only if I, as an end-customer/commercial customer, am valid to buy them via this CDJapan.co.jp store.
I do not want to collect money, register on their site, place an order... and then: these headphones are only available to companies.

I know this sounds silly and jerky: but I want to have them BADLY!

The problem is no one is selling them. If you look via Google using search string "sony mdr-m1st price" there are only 6 pages of results. Ebay is excluded because this person is not selling to my country. So basically only CDJapan.co.jp is valid. They can send orders to my country. And the postage is not that pricey. They have a postage calculator which is very cool.

I hope I will get them. :thumbup:
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400

MarkTarlton

03 Dec 2022

I'm seeing them available on ebay used and new.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-MDR-M1ST- ... 1#viTabs_0

Rising Night Wave

03 Dec 2022

Okey, I do apologize for this silliness: Looking only via Google search and not directly via Ebay. Damn :( My pardon and my bad.
Not exactly best moment and day :oops:

Popey
Competition Winner

16 Dec 2022

These are being delivered today dt 880pro. Better frequency response than my current headphones and I don't get chance to use monitors as create music at night.

Going to pair these with sonar works and looking forward to listening to a ton of music to get used to them.
1606994296dt_880_pro_neu.jpg
1606994296dt_880_pro_neu.jpg (18.44 KiB) Viewed 1588 times

RobC

16 Dec 2022

Popey wrote:
16 Dec 2022
These are being delivered today dt 880pro. Better frequency response than my current headphones and I don't get chance to use monitors as create music at night.

Going to pair these with sonar works and looking forward to listening to a ton of music to get used to them.

Mixing sub bass will be annoying with them:

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/foru ... one.24694/

For that price, you could have gotten an IMO far superior ATH-E50 professional IEM.

IEMs and Speakers tie for me. IEMs are for hearing; Speakers for feeling the sound.

Headphones get 3rd place. A mixed bag of both worlds, but much worse. But I don't dismiss them. Open back ones with high dynamic range are still curious. Of course the good ones can be expensive.

Rising Night Wave

16 Dec 2022

Popey wrote:
16 Dec 2022

these looks cool. very nice. i like the silver color.
frequency response is also awesome.

am, you were talking about sonarworks. were you talking about headphone calibration tool?
https://www.sonarworks.com/soundid-reference - ?

RobC

16 Dec 2022

Up to -10 dB cut at the lowest end 👍LOL distorts when boosted... What's the point of that cut...

Otherwise ears won't enjoy adapting to something THAT off. EQ won't save the day.

DaveyG

16 Dec 2022

RobC wrote:
16 Dec 2022
Up to -10 dB cut at the lowest end 👍LOL distorts when boosted... What's the point of that cut...

Otherwise ears won't enjoy adapting to something THAT off. EQ won't save the day.
You could just be happy for his excitement.

Popey
Competition Winner

16 Dec 2022

RobC wrote:
16 Dec 2022
Popey wrote:
16 Dec 2022

For that price, you could have gotten an IMO far superior ATH-E50 professional IEM.

IEMs and Speakers tie for me. IEMs are for hearing; Speakers for feeling the sound.

Headphones get 3rd place. A mixed bag of both worlds, but much worse. But I don't dismiss them. Open back ones with high dynamic range are still curious. Of course the good ones can be expensive.
I have the 250ohm version so not sure that makes a difference. I really don't like iem or any inear buds so not an option for me and the ath you mention would have been out of my price range even if I did like IEMs.
I have monitors but never get chance to use them as kids are in bed before I have free time to make music.

Popey
Competition Winner

16 Dec 2022

Rising Night Wave wrote:
16 Dec 2022
Popey wrote:
16 Dec 2022

these looks cool. very nice. i like the silver color.
frequency response is also awesome.

am, you were talking about sonarworks. were you talking about headphone calibration tool?
https://www.sonarworks.com/soundid-reference - ?
Hi RNW yes that's the software. I have used it for a few years with my old sennheiser and now just added the dt880 profile. I use it at around 75% dry wet to flatten the profile a bit.

RobC

16 Dec 2022

DaveyG wrote:
16 Dec 2022
RobC wrote:
16 Dec 2022

...or save people money; make them buy better gear, so they don't need to upgrade, or hire additional engineers as long as they can't really afford it.

RobC

16 Dec 2022

Popey wrote:
16 Dec 2022
RobC wrote:
16 Dec 2022

I have the 250ohm version so not sure that makes a difference. I really don't like iem or any inear buds so not an option for me and the ath you mention would have been out of my price range even if I did like IEMs.
I have monitors but never get chance to use them as kids are in bed before I have free time to make music.
I heard the higher ohm, the higher the dynamic range (?). Dunno, with IEMs, E70 in particular, I yet have to hear distortion, before it blasts my ears.
Have you tried custom fit, or lately the Comply Foam tips? They say it makes a huge difference. I don't even notice them, but up to everyone's preference, indeed.

I thought both the E50 and your HP are $ 200, but I guess not then.

Then you're stuck with headphones. Which aren't all that bad, but concentrating on sub will be frustrating. Been there with these "studio" EQ-d mixing headphones that cut sub and even treble. The result was that my highs were too sharp, and the sub was either right, or too much. But getting the sub right came at the cost of long listening sessions, and shot ears afterwards. I still hear well up to 17 kHz, so no damaging, but yeah, not really pleasant to work without enough bass.

I would have chosen one with better bass, but if you were on speakers, mostly, then I guess the above 80 Hz focus might be more beneficial for you at the moment.

Popey
Competition Winner

16 Dec 2022

RobC wrote:
16 Dec 2022
Popey wrote:
16 Dec 2022

I heard the higher ohm, the higher the dynamic range (?). Dunno, with IEMs, E70 in particular, I yet have to hear distortion, before it blasts my ears.
Have you tried custom fit, or lately the Comply Foam tips? They say it makes a huge difference. I don't even notice them, but up to everyone's preference, indeed.

Then you're stuck with headphones. Which aren't all that bad, but concentrating on sub will be frustrating. Been there with these "studio" EQ-d mixing headphones that cut sub and even treble. The result was that my highs were too sharp, and the sub was either right, or too much. But getting the sub right came at the cost of long listening sessions, and shot ears afterwards. I still hear well up to 17 kHz, so no damaging, but yeah, not really pleasant to work without enough bass.

I would have chosen one with better bass, but if you were on speakers, mostly, then I guess the above 80 Hz focus might be more beneficial for you at the moment.
I do prefer my monitors but never get opportunity nowadays to use them. Should have mentioned HP were on sale so 130gbp and that was top end of what I could afford what with Xmas, cost of living increases etc.

Anyway been trying them for an hour or two and they seem to be a big upgrade on my last phones. Bass is less but still OK for me but proof will be after I have done a few mixes. Not heard any distortion yet and been listening to bass heavy tunes.

RobC

16 Dec 2022

Popey wrote:
16 Dec 2022
RobC wrote:
16 Dec 2022

I do prefer my monitors but never get opportunity nowadays to use them. Should have mentioned HP were on sale so 130gbp and that was top end of what I could afford what with Xmas, cost of living increases etc.

Anyway been trying them for an hour or two and they seem to be a big upgrade on my last phones. Bass is less but still OK for me but proof will be after I have done a few mixes. Not heard any distortion yet and been listening to bass heavy tunes.
Ah okay, then (IF) I would have recommended the E40 I had those, too, but they are more for joy listening, IMO. Great nevertheless. They can be worked with, but the E50 and E70 are more suitable for full professional work - given people are adapted to 'phones and IEMs, not just speakers. But that's another topic.

Also, yeah inflation is just awful. I'm stuck without microphone preamp and a proper ADC. : / Some devices cost 1200 EUR instead of 400... This is crazy...

I usually tend to focus on problems, so that means everything else should be fine though!
Like they say on the ASR forum, if you do a bass boost, then trouble can start, that's when it might distort. Plus EQ may add some ringing/tail to the boosted frequency.
Anything that's less subby, kind of sounds cold to me initially. It's a bit dreadful to start working like that.

I'm not saying that it would have been a bad choice, especially for that price; just that the ASR forum may or may not have tested something better in that price range.
That said, your new 'phones do usually have good reputation, so there's that, too.

Popey
Competition Winner

17 Dec 2022

RobC wrote:
16 Dec 2022
DaveyG wrote:
16 Dec 2022

...or save people money; make them buy better gear, so they don't need to upgrade, or hire additional engineers as long as they can't really afford it.
To be fair Rob I don't think you should "make" people buy better gear and just for the record it did come across as rude. That said I appreciate you were trying to give advice albeit misguided.

I will never have the best gear but I don't let that worry me and prefer to just be thankful of what I have and use it to the best of my ever improving ability.

RobC

17 Dec 2022

Popey wrote:
17 Dec 2022
RobC wrote:
16 Dec 2022

To be fair Rob I don't think you should "make" people buy better gear and just for the record it did come across as rude. That said I appreciate you were trying to give advice albeit misguided.

I will never have the best gear but I don't let that worry me and prefer to just be thankful of what I have and use it to the best of my ever improving ability.
I reacted to the rudeness and misleading of others.

Okay, "make" was the wrong word, I rather meant "help".

My purpose is to help others get something more valuable, instead of being fooled by overpriced and overhyped companies.

fullforce

17 Dec 2022

An Asus RX6700XT OC graphics card.
asus-rx-6700-xt-oc-12gb-gddr6-grafische-kaart.jpg
asus-rx-6700-xt-oc-12gb-gddr6-grafische-kaart.jpg (57.36 KiB) Viewed 1504 times
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

dvdrtldg

02 Jan 2023

reMarkable 2 paper tablet https://remarkable.com/store/remarkable-2

Arrives tomorrow, can't wait

• Information