Delta MIDI Computer Vs Moog DFAM

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Faastwalker

14 Dec 2022

I'm wondering if it may be possible to replicate what is going on in the video below using the Delta MIDI Player. It was suggested in a post on one of the videos that this works by interpreting incoming MIDI notes and then firing of a rapid burst of clocks to advance the DFAM's sequencer to the corresponding step. I'm not sure if there is more to it than that. But the DFAM by itself certainly has no MIDI capability of any kind.

I've not delved into the Delta MIDI Player that much to be honest. I've mainly played around with the presets. Had some cool and interesting stuff going on just doing this. But not explored much beyond this. It looks to me to be a pretty deep device to get your head around. Are there any Delta heads here that might be able to advise if it could be used to replicate what the Sonoclast MAFD 2hp module is doing with the DFAM? I'd be outputting from Robotic Bean CV-O via Expert Sleepers ES3 to get from Reason to DFAM.

Re8et
Competition Winner

15 Dec 2022

But you are asking bc You have a DFAM or you have a Reason Combinator emulating the DFAM???

You can convert a pulse to clok signal in Reason but... driving the sequencer you have to use something like midiloop to pass the clock out and then make RSN slave...
Thats not concernig DELTA, so I don't know If I have answered your question...

Cheers Faast!

Faastwalker

15 Dec 2022

Re8et wrote:
15 Dec 2022
But you are asking bc You have a DFAM or you have a Reason Combinator emulating the DFAM???

You can convert a pulse to clok signal in Reason but... driving the sequencer you have to use something like midiloop to pass the clock out and then make RSN slave...
Thats not concernig DELTA, so I don't know If I have answered your question...

Cheers Faast!
Moog DFAM ;-) I'm just wondering if I can achieve what the Sonoclast module is doing in Reason. The Delta seems like something that might be able to do it. There's no way on the DFAM directly to trigger a specific step or reset to step 1. As I understand it (from what someone posted on another video) the Sonoclast module is sending multiple pulses to advance the sequencer. So, a C note triggers 1 pulse, C# 2, D 3 etc. But it's doing it extremely fast. So, it appears it's jumping the sequencer to a specific step, which is not actually what's happening. I don't think it particularly matters on the signal, as long as it's a high enough voltage to advance the sequencer. So my thinking is, try and do what the Sonoclast module is doing with the Delta, send the resulting signal to the RoboticBean CV-O > Expert Sleepers ES-3, DFAM Adv/seq input. It's just if I can do this in Delta.

• Information