[goa/psy tech trance] Rising Night Wave - Disdained Kingdome (officialy released)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Rising Night Wave

06 May 2022

Popey wrote:
06 May 2022
Nice one Rising nIght wave, congratulations. Sounds very cool this track.

Can i ask what is your experience with this label as they have just started following me and saying they want to sign my track crystal peaks. Hopefully you get loads of sales buddy

I am only a hobbyist so not sure I am that fussed in realising my tracks.
Hi Popey.

Well, it is somehow obvious they are full with work. They are somehow sterile and straight. Very short and clear. I am talking about communicating with them. Which is somehow reasonable because it looks they are a relatively huge record label managing a lot of artists and work.

About this track of yours: Crystal Peaks. Well, I like it a lot. It is interesting track. I just checkd it and it is very good song. Very up to standard. Really.

Okey, about sale... well I would be very pleased that my song would go big in sale. Hehe. Ofcourse. I shall see.

Well, I am a hobbyist too. But I always wanted to be officialy releasd my music. So be happy that this MojoHeadz Records has found you. I like your muic. You are good, you know. Do not worry about that. Just send them demo via their link. You will be then contacted by record label. You will have to provide them some information like if you have used any WAV samples and that they are all 100% royalty free - you will have to provide them all bills you have got when you bought them. You will be asked later for some information about you, your musical project, your song's message and so. Promo stuff including your best promo self-photo and so. ... Just go with the flow. Send them demo. Do not worry.

There is only one thing that actually bothers me: my musical project name is Rising Night Wave... and today this Disdained Kingdome was released. and I noticed that they have opened an account on SoundCloud with exactly same name. Which is somehow strange to me. I was expecting they would release this song under their record label's account. I actually do not know what this means. But okey. Nevermind. We shall see. So far everything cool and more than interesting.

As said this song was released on YT. It was uploaded in high quality. And you can all buy this song on all major musical platforms.
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

danc

06 May 2022

This is an interesting subject regarding publishing our tracks with a label. I have recently had an EP published with Applique Music, who are a "real" label based in Manchester, UK. The guy who owns the label goes under the DJ name Lempo ... he runs various club nights around Manchester and is also on the circuit in the festival scene.

My EP is Social Outburst - it was launched about a month ago - https://www.beatport.com/label/applique-music/21408

I would be concerned RNW about that label setting up another account on SC. It's just odd... and frankly... I think it's a bit rude of them to do that. Because I think it's important for an artist to build up a DISCOGRAPHY and so... you kind of need everything to link back to one account. Check out if on Beatport you have a RNW account that you can manage, and your track is linked to that account. You can contact Beatport yourself and add your own details, photos etc to that account.

Thankfully Applique have linked my tracks to DISCO SUCKS, which I am able to then manage myself.

As for the concern by people here about never seeing any money, because you never hear from them again. I have been in contact with Lempo at Applique, and he has sent me very detailed analytics/stats on listens, purchases etc. Which is great - he seems to be honest and contactable. This wasn't the experience that I had with my previous EP I published on Neostatics... they never sent me stats/analytics... never paid me a penny... and never responded to a single message/email etc. I sent them. I kind of expected it... as when I received the original contract I noticed they didn't include their address - so I asked them to add their address. They did... well kind of... they missed out the exact details and so it only gave the town... no road... no house number. I knew I was never likely to see any money on that one, but it was fine... as I used it to get interest on a proper record label.
Check my Soundcloud:

Popey
Competition Winner

07 May 2022

Thanks for the info RNW and agree I would have expected your song to be on their page. Hopefully you will be alright royalty wise as is sounds like Danc had an issue first time moneywise (although this did give him exposure).

Your song sounds really cool whatever happens

Rising Night Wave

24 Nov 2022

Popey wrote:
06 May 2022

Can i ask what is your experience with this label as they have just started following me and saying they want to sign my track crystal peaks. Hopefully you get loads of sales buddy

hey Popey. what happened then with this offer? or with this MojoHeadz Records label.
have you released any song with them?

i will tell you later in few days why i am asking this. i need to wait a few days more.
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400

Popey
Competition Winner

24 Nov 2022

Rising Night Wave wrote:
24 Nov 2022
Popey wrote:
06 May 2022

hey Popey. what happened then with this offer? or with this MojoHeadz Records label.
have you released any song with them?

i will tell you later in few days why i am asking this. i need to wait a few days more.
Hi RNW they often message me but I have not released anything with them.

They ask for money for mastering and I didn't see much tracktion on their songs so assumed they did little marketing. Strangely a lot of the messages asking to sign now say deleted user!

Rising Night Wave

25 Nov 2022

hi Popey and others.

now i can tell you.

i am pretty sure it is like this: (long story shor) they are not satisfied with me, my bio and promo material i sent to them.
they are obviously not interested in to me any more since i got a diplomatic answer. not direct but around the corner answer.

why? partialy because i am a bit jerky and partialy because i was too direct and too rough with my promo mateiral i sent to them.
i won't talk about that. except: i told them directly what i wanted to tell with this disdained kingdome song: that these people i am talking about are... everything else but okey, nice, and so on. i used very rough words to describe them.

it looks like they are not satisfied with what they have expected. i told them i am not interested into being a dj, into live performances and so on. because i am not that type of a person.

problem is they are not interested into promoting my song. but i made a contract with them for this song. so now i am screwed. i asked them (one week ago) how is with promoting my song disdained kingdome because i see that number of plays on youtube is still around 90. lol what? and they told me if i am aware of what i will miss if i won't sign a deal with them. (like: we are huge! sign it with us.) and after that that this song is some special and awesome and that i can expect high sell and great success.

as said: one week ago i sent them mail asking about promoting and if everything is okey. i did not get an answer. so today i sent them again a new mail asking same question. so they answered today with a quick diplomatic answer... telling me that i can check statistic for songs on some platforms they mentioned and that i am talented producer and that this is my only one first song officialy released which means i can not expect that much of a succeed already.

what this means? more releases. ofcourse. what else? how obvious. to send them more money. for more releases. but at the same interest level from tem. yea, right.

whatever. and this MojoHeadz Records company.

i will end the journey with them.

shitheaders.

fu*k i am pissed right now!!!

i do not ge it from the very beginning:
1. they sent me acontract
2. i signed it
3. then promo and bio

instead of:
1. asking me all neccessary info
2. and if they would be satisfied with me...
3.. a release!

F*K!

OMG.

so others... be aware of them. obviously.

one more notice from their official mojoheadz records web page: they are saying: we are the company that makes music! - something like that. if you are interested into this... just go to their web page and convince yourselves. yea, right.

so Popey and others potential signers... my humbly advice is to avoid them. i noticed from very beginning of our collusion that they are cold, impersonal, business, and so on. at leaset for my self i can tell you i am just an umber for them.

and another thing that bothered me from the very beginnig: all ther releases... from singles to albums... they all have the same cover image. what? so i can fu*k my cover image i made on which i was so proud because it expresses exactly what song is telling.

okey. to not write too much. like a byble. hehe.
that's it.

now you know it.

RTFX

26 Nov 2022

Thanks for sharing that!
That was quite some experience for you i guess.
Now I understand why artists rather go indie.
All my tracks on my YouTube channel⬇️ https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK0j ... P0EoiuUkNO

Popey
Competition Winner

26 Nov 2022

Thanks for the heads up RNW. Out of the few labels that have contacted me they were the only ones asking for money first which I did not like the sound of.

All others have offered 50/50 on profits but will master it and provided info on where they market and prom pools etc. If I do send some music out this is more safe in my opinion as even if you don't make any money (depending on streams, mastering costs etc) at least it costs nothing to get out there.
To be fair to mojo your song does song good mastered but if they did not market it its not much use to you.

Rising Night Wave

26 Nov 2022

yes RTFX and Popey.

• Information