Reason Studios Black Friday Week 2022

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
gcat

24 Nov 2022

Rompla wrote:
24 Nov 2022
In exactly the same boat - existing users get penalised??
Thinking of setting up new reason account to take up offer - saving all my existing projects as self contained songs deleting R12+ and then reinstalling- would this work ?
I know it’s not really in the spirit of things but 50 % is a big deal in these hard times
I contacted Thomann support and they say that it is possible to use the serial you get from them at a later time.
But right now if I open my Reason account I don't see any place where I could put the serial to extend the subscription. I suppose it will be possible to introduce the serial once the current subscription is over? Anyone tried that?

Jagwah

24 Nov 2022

I got Phonetic for free yay!

wereMole88

25 Nov 2022

gcat wrote:
24 Nov 2022
Rompla wrote:
24 Nov 2022
In exactly the same boat - existing users get penalised??
Thinking of setting up new reason account to take up offer - saving all my existing projects as self contained songs deleting R12+ and then reinstalling- would this work ?
I know it’s not really in the spirit of things but 50 % is a big deal in these hard times
I contacted Thomann support and they say that it is possible to use the serial you get from them at a later time.
But right now if I open my Reason account I don't see any place where I could put the serial to extend the subscription. I suppose it will be possible to introduce the serial once the current subscription is over? Anyone tried that?
Mine is about to expire tomorrow (annual subscription, got it last year at Black Friday). Will let you know. Considering buying through Thomann as I buy all my music related stuff there and it seems to be only possible to reserve a discount through third party vendors.

gcat

25 Nov 2022

wereMole88 wrote:
25 Nov 2022
Mine is about to expire tomorrow (annual subscription, got it last year at Black Friday). Will let you know. Considering buying through Thomann as I buy all my music related stuff there and it seems to be only possible to reserve a discount through third party vendors.
Ok thanks! I suggest you check if you have an active payment method, because in that case the subscription won't really expire, it will renew automatically and you will be charged the full price on the active payment method.

Tiny Montgomery

25 Nov 2022

Picked up Amalgam and Euclidean Rhythms - match made in heaven tbqwy.

wereMole88

25 Nov 2022

gcat wrote:
25 Nov 2022
wereMole88 wrote:
25 Nov 2022
Ok thanks! I suggest you check if you have an active payment method, because in that case the subscription won't really expire, it will renew automatically and you will be charged the full price on the active payment method.

Yes, had already cancelled my auto-renew :thumbup:

raffito9

25 Nov 2022

Hi RT, first post here.

My R+ sub expired today, I contacted support about the promo only being for new users, I got this back...

Thank you for contacting Reason Studios.

Yes! Our Black Friday Sale ends on November 28. You still have time to use the promo code after your annual sub expires (which is on the 25th).

I'll post a screenshot of the whole mail later today, can't find how to do that and I have to go.

Peace

ab459

25 Nov 2022

Found strange behavior in shop (bug it seems ?) - i try to add 9 products to cart (from Quadelectra in my case), so, can add 8, but when try to add 9th, got permanently "Unknown error" appeared in upper right corner of shop page.
And it seems problem not in certain RE - i try to add (to my stack of 8 products in cart resp) any other 9th product from other vendor - and got the same error.
(Why is it a problem to buy 8 instead 9 - rewards points entirety lol)

Do there is restriction - no more 8 products in cart ? Or what.

I tried to re-log, and add all again - all the same absolutely reproducible error.

I wrote to support yesterday, but have not yet received a response (weekend?) It would be a annoying to miss discounts because this.
Folks If someone could check if it not only for me - would be good.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

25 Nov 2022

ab459 wrote:
25 Nov 2022
Found strange behavior in shop (bug it seems ?) - i try to add 9 products to cart (from Quadelectra in my case), so, can add 8, but when try to add 9th, got permanently "Unknown error" appeared in upper right corner of shop page.
And it seems problem not in certain RE - i try to add (to my stack of 8 products in cart resp) any other 9th product from other vendor - and got the same error.
(Why is it a problem to buy 8 instead 9 - rewards points entirety lol)

Do there is restriction - no more 8 products in cart ? Or what.

I tried to re-log, and add all again - all the same absolutely reproducible error.

I wrote to support yesterday, but have not yet received a response (weekend?) It would be a annoying to miss discounts because this.
Folks If someone could check if it not only for me - would be good.
Why don’t you buy them in two gos?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

ab459

25 Nov 2022

MrFigg wrote:
25 Nov 2022
Why don’t you buy them in two gos?
From 100 you got 5 points. From 50+50 = 2+2.
Oh wait, you mean, 3+2... hmm. That idea
Need to recalculate.
Well, but meantime i really wondering if it bug or what.

ab459

25 Nov 2022

I try different combinations, it’s really either impossible to do it (get 2 + 3 from a specific stack), or such fragmentation (+ adding another unplanned RE to the stack) adds losses to the summation of reward points + an additional natural fee because multiplying banking operations.
I apologize for such meticulousness lol but I just really do not understand why such a restriction. In the end, it's just not convenient.

But it seems I said everything I wanted about this.
Peace.
Last edited by ab459 on 25 Nov 2022, edited 1 time in total.

PhillipOrdonez

25 Nov 2022

raffito9 wrote:
25 Nov 2022
Hi RT, first post here.

My R+ sub expired today, I contacted support about the promo only being for new users, I got this back...

Yes! Our Black Friday Sale ends on November 28. You still have time to use the promo code after your annual sub expires (which is on the 25th).

I'll post a screenshot of the whole mail later today, can't find how to do that and I have to go.

Peace
So this does work for people who have subscribed, but their subscription expires before the cutoff date, and not only for first time subscribers!, right? Therefore, it sounds like purchasing through Thomann now is the best bet for those whose subscription lasts until after November 28th. Are my conjectures on track or am I getting it all wrong?

raffito9

26 Nov 2022

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
25 Nov 2022
raffito9 wrote:
25 Nov 2022
Hi RT, first post here.

Peace
So this does work for people who have subscribed, but their subscription expires before the cutoff date, and not only for first time subscribers!, right? Therefore, it sounds like purchasing through Thomann now is the best bet for those whose subscription lasts until after November 28th. Are my conjectures on track or am I getting it all wrong?
I'm not sure, because until now, I couldn't renew my subscription. I have a new credit card and I can't update my payment info.
And about that "1st time subscriber"-thing, I took the BF deal (50% off of an annual sub) last year, so I'm not a new user. But according to support, I should be able to get the discount.
Your case is slightly different, but since we can cancel our sub at any time, it shouldn't be a problem that your current sub expires after the 28th?
I find it all very confusing.

wereMole88

26 Nov 2022

gcat wrote:
25 Nov 2022
wereMole88 wrote:
25 Nov 2022
OK - I did this trough Thomann and it appears to be working.

First I waited till my current subscription expired - as expected the subscription page now gives me the option to add a coupon to either the montly or yearly option.

From Thomann I received a unique code (contrary to the public code reasonstudios gives that probably does not work after nov 28th). Tried to enter that code in the coupon field but it says 'The coupon does not apply to the selected plan'.

Go back to my mail from Thomann and it has a link to proceed to Reasonstudios. As I was already logged in it immediately proceeds to renew my yearly subscription.

I now have in the Reason+ tab of my personal account the next payment: it still says 200€. However when I click on 'coupons' (right under it) it does appear to have registered my thomann discount and it says 100% off on first invoice and the 200€ striped through (as I had already payed Thomann for R+).

What I take from this is that it does work after nov 28th because of the unique code but I have not tried to wait till after that deadline as I use R+ at the moment.

gcat

26 Nov 2022

wereMole88 wrote:
26 Nov 2022

OK - I did this trough Thomann and it appears to be working.

First I waited till my current subscription expired - as expected the subscription page now gives me the option to add a coupon to either the montly or yearly option.

From Thomann I received a unique code (contrary to the public code reasonstudios gives that probably does not work after nov 28th). Tried to enter that code in the coupon field but it says 'The coupon does not apply to the selected plan'.

Go back to my mail from Thomann and it has a link to proceed to Reasonstudios. As I was already logged in it immediately proceeds to renew my yearly subscription.

I now have in the Reason+ tab of my personal account the next payment: it still says 200€. However when I click on 'coupons' (right under it) it does appear to have registered my thomann discount and it says 100% off on first invoice and the 200€ striped through (as I had already payed Thomann for R+).

What I take from this is that it does work after nov 28th because of the unique code but I have not tried to wait till after that deadline as I use R+ at the moment.
Thank you for reporting back.
Indeed, I contacted Reason support and they say it is possible to use a third party serial number in December, but it is necessary to wait until the current subscription expires (and remember to cancel your current subscription or remove the automatic renewal before it expires).

tomusurp

26 Nov 2022

The Black Friday prices seem subpar this year. If I recall correctly I upgraded to Reason 11 suite for $90 in a previous year.
"The hottest in the matrix"
My music:
https://www.youtube.com/c/TomUsurp
https://www.tomusurp.com

:reason: :re: :refill: :rt:

dvdrtldg

26 Nov 2022

tomusurp wrote:
26 Nov 2022
The Black Friday prices seem subpar this year. If I recall correctly I upgraded to Reason 11 suite for $90 in a previous year.
Agree, the prices haven't been anything special. Only bought VSTs this year

challism

26 Nov 2022

Yeah, the deals aren't much to write home about this year, are they?

Still, there are a few. Those Speo devices are a great deal for $10 each. If I remember correctly, I picked those up for $15 each during a previous MM or BF sale.

The Robotic Bean CV tool bundle is a great price, too, at $30.

Ekss has some decent sale prices, but I'm really only looking for a few Ekss devices at this point. Nice to see some Ekss sales for 50% off; it's been a while since he's given us those kind of discounts. I'm probably going to get Ekss Janus for $15 (it's a great sounding phaser with simple UI and it looks fantastic.

Chris Griffin S73 for $25 is a great deal for an already generously priced RE of such high quality.

And maybe another $15 RE; trying to decide between:
* JP X-705 - trialed it last year and liked it but didn't buy it
* Redrock Ivoks poly filter - I've already got the synth, but it's mono and you have to trigger it to get audio input to play..
so I'm thinking about simplifying and just getting the filter).

Also an honorable mention to any of the bundles that have a discount. Bundles are already a good deal, so anytime a dev gives us an extra discount, it's appreciated. Enlightenspeed, Robotic Bean, Ekssperimental Sound, Kuassa, Noise Engineering, UJam and Bassgrid all giving discounts on their bundles.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

ekss
RE Developer

27 Nov 2022

Tiny Montgomery wrote:
25 Nov 2022
Congrats!
Did you try Euclidean with Chord Sequencer? Pretty neat combination!

challism

27 Nov 2022

ekss wrote:
27 Nov 2022
Tiny Montgomery wrote:
25 Nov 2022
Congrats!
Did you try Euclidean with Chord Sequencer? Pretty neat combination!
StaticCling AutoLatch is another amazing device to combine with Euclidean. Unfortunately it's not on sale right now - StaticCling devices are usually included in sales (perhaps Marcos forgot to opt in?).
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

crimsonwarlock

28 Nov 2022

challism wrote:
26 Nov 2022
Yeah, the deals aren't much to write home about this year, are they?
A deal is a deal, especially if it is for something that's on the wishlist :thumbup:

I got Vecto, as it was the only kind of synth missing in my setup, and on my list 'to get' for quite some time now. I also got Chenille Chorus, as I found out that it's the only RE chorus that comes (very) close to the Juno 6 chorus, so now I can ditch the TAL chorus VST I used for that. And I trialed Devastor 2, just to see what it could do, and now that one is also staying in my rack :puf_bigsmile:

I wanted to pick up S73 electric piano, but that will have to wait another month.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

Steedus
Competition Winner

28 Nov 2022

Grabbed Pigments VST, Loudness Normalizer RE, Resonans RE, Euclidean Rhythms RE

:redface: Close calls: Arturia V Collection, Arturia FX Collection, Wharfedale Linton speakers & Stands

motuscott

29 Nov 2022

Was unable to not buy S73.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

BeReasonable

29 Nov 2022

Picked up friktion since it was on sale and in the rewards store and I had $25 free money. Was interested in Resonans but since I'm on a VST buying spree that will have to wait for the next sale.

madmacman

29 Nov 2022

Regarding that "existing users get penalized" thing: BF 2022 seems to be a tough year for existing users in general. Steinberg (Cubase) offers nothing, Presonus (Studio One) mainly lures new customers with rebates on full licenses or competitive crossgrades.

Vote with your wallet. If they lose money, they will react.

• Information