Sample/pattern previews with Redrum in Reaper?

This forum is for discussing the Reason Rack Plugin, the version of the Reason rack that runs as a VST3, AU, AAX in other DAWs.
mdcmdcmdc

24 Nov 2022

Hi all,

I'd like to be able to run Redrum via the RRP in Reaper, largely so I have a more useful click track available while multitrack-recording live drums. I'm having a couple of issues and I'm curious if anyone has encountered this...

1) neither autoplay sample preview nor the preview play button work in the rrp browser.
2) the play button on redrum doesn't work - I can't preview a loop unless i play the entire track from the reaper transport
3) cmd-tab (which is the default key command for "Item navigation: Move cursor to nearest transient in items" ) seems to toggle the redrum on/off in reaper, but that's also the global Mac OS command to cycle through open applications...

Previewing samples and patterns in the reason browser within RRP would be super useful - just curious if there's anyway to make that work??

This is with Reason 12.2 and Reaper 6.4, btw - thanks!

pepe444

24 Nov 2022

Here is all working as it should.
I loaded a redrum instruments in RRP and RUN works when hitting Spacebar on reaper, previewing sounds too.
Reason 11 and Reaper 6.70 , windows 10 20h2

mdcmdcmdc

24 Nov 2022

Just updated Reaper to 6.7 and still no change - I think I was mistaken before, it's not cmd-tab that's doing anything, it's clicking in and out of the Reason VST window that seems to force the play button on off. ie, if I click the play button nothing happens, then I click over to a different window and redrum will start playing. Very strange!

• Information