(HipHop) Hope for the Trap

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
FrankJaeger

24 Nov 2022

Hi everyone,
I made this Trap/HipHop beat completely in the box with Reason 11 Suite. How does the mix sound? Is the tonal balance OK? Please give me your opinion or simply drop a Yay or Nay. Any critique or advice would be most appreciated.

Midniite Music
My Gear: 2021 Macbook Pro M1/UA Volt 176 Interface/JBL Series 3, 8" Monitors/Akai MPK mini mk3/

Superology

03 Dec 2022

I can listen to it one time and enjoy it. This is a good result already, I think. But it's a bit long and repetitive after 2 minutes.

jappe

10 Feb 2023

Hello FrankJaeger!

On my system it sounds balanced - no problem whatsoever.
(Anyone else hear any mix issues?)

Krk 10" sub and Krk Rokit 8.
I'm in a concrete room, but it sounds good to me from any location here..

Last Alternative

17 Feb 2023

*Production-wise: the low end is punchy and silky smooth which isn't easy to get right at all so I think that's half the battle with setting the tone. Every instrument is crystal clear as well as has it's own place in the arrangement and frequency range. Sounds pro.

*Music-wise: It's a cool tune, groove, and sounds but needs more changes. Maybe a total bridge shifting keys in the middle to keep the listener's attention. Otherwise it feels like the same thing on a loop. No offense at all because like I said the music is really good. Maybe throw in an occasional snare with long delay or something.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

• Information