New Rhodes Suitcase73 RE by Chris Griffin

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
modecca

21 Nov 2022

πŸ”—β€πŸ’₯

sasasch

22 Nov 2022

Actually I compared the Patch "4AM" ( my favourite one ) with the Arturias Stage 73 V Patch "Hamm Solo ( Delay=off) " which are really close together on single Notes.
But playing chords the Arturia begins to distort even there is no AMP activated

Arpeg
Competition Winner

22 Nov 2022

I think I'll jump on this ship after listening to Chris take us through the presets. Now I know what all the enthusiasm is about, very impressed. πŸ‘

joeyluck

23 Nov 2022

Relative to this, Rhodes has a questionnaire gauging interest in future products.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... g/viewform

For the question asking about what Rhodes software I use, I definitely mentioned the S73 RE :)

I also asked if they could bring back the Piano Bass or some form of a mini Rhodes that would be a little more affordable and not cost more than my car lol. Happy to have S73!!

MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 Nov 2022

joeyluck wrote: ↑
23 Nov 2022
Relative to this, Rhodes has a questionnaire gauging interest in future products.

For the question asking about what Rhodes software I use, I definitely mentioned the S73 RE :)

I also asked if they could bring back the Piano Bass or some form of a mini Rhodes that would be a little more affordable and not cost more than my car lol. Happy to have S73!!
Maybe this could keep you going in the meantime...
https://www.martinic.com/en/products/kee-bass
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

joeyluck

23 Nov 2022

MrFigg wrote: ↑
23 Nov 2022
23 Nov 2022

Maybe this could keep you going in the meantime...
https://www.martinic.com/en/products/kee-bass
Oh cool. That's a different thing than the Piano Bass, but I'll still check it out!

moneykube

24 Nov 2022

I can't seem to locate the manual fur this beast ???? anyone ?
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

moneykube

24 Nov 2022

also >since this is sampled... what size is this rack?

joeyluck

24 Nov 2022

There was mention that a manual was in the works before. Not sure if it was ever published. It's pretty straightforward though.

I just checked and it's 1.2 GB on my computer.

moneykube

24 Nov 2022

24 Nov 2022
There was mention that a manual was in the works before. Not sure if it was ever published. It's pretty straightforward though.

I just checked and it's 1.2 GB on my computer.
ok thank you ! :thumbs_up:

challism

02 Dec 2022

I picked this up during the BF sale. What an amazing instrument! It sounds so good. And the onboard effects are excellent. I really wish there were audio inputs so we could use these great FX on external audio. I sent Chris an email requesting this, but haven't heard any response. I have my doubts it will happen. Perhaps if Chris receives enough requests for audio inputs he might be convinced to add it. Doesn't hurt to ask. If you are so inclined, here is the contact form: http://www.jchrisgriffin.com/contact
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

littlejam

02 Dec 2022

hello,

@Chris: i agree with challism: being able to route audio in / out
would be a wonderful feature
if it's not too difficult / time consuming

thank you for a great device

cheers,

j
littlejamaicastudios
i7 2.8ghz / 24GB ddr3 / Quadro 4000 x 2 / ProFire 610
reason 10 / reaper / acidpro /akai mpk mini / korg padkontrol / axiom 25 / radium 49
'i get by with a lot of help from my friends'

mbfrancis

08 Dec 2022

This is indeed the best sounding rhodes I've heard in Reason, and I own an early 80s Stage (doesn't sound as good as that through a nice preamp or tube guitar amp though).

Question, is this sampling one instrument or multiple - and if multiple can we select them? I assumed it was one instrument but the description on the product page is a little murky:

It features simultaneous Direct, Suitcase Amplifier and Avatar NYC A-Room signal paths. A 1970s pre-AMS Neve 8088 console, 1960s Pultec equalizers, 1970s Neumann U87s, and Coles microphones were used to capture sounds that are indistinguishable from the original instrument. Because it was captured this way, numerous sounds, covering several decades and Mark models, are available. Over 50 unique presets reflect this versatility.
Producer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist. I make indie pop as Port Streets, 90s/shoegaze as Swooner, and Electro as Yours Mine.

QVprod

08 Dec 2022

mbfrancis wrote: ↑
08 Dec 2022
This is indeed the best sounding rhodes I've heard in Reason, and I own an early 80s Stage (doesn't sound as good as that through a nice preamp or tube guitar amp though).

Question, is this sampling one instrument or multiple - and if multiple can we select them? I assumed it was one instrument but the description on the product page is a little murky:

It features simultaneous Direct, Suitcase Amplifier and Avatar NYC A-Room signal paths. A 1970s pre-AMS Neve 8088 console, 1960s Pultec equalizers, 1970s Neumann U87s, and Coles microphones were used to capture sounds that are indistinguishable from the original instrument. Because it was captured this way, numerous sounds, covering several decades and Mark models, are available. Over 50 unique presets reflect this versatility.
That’s just explaining that the sound is flexible. Increasing the sound of one or more elements may make it sound more akin to a different model.

joeyluck

08 Dec 2022

Yeah it was captured so cleanly. It's impressive the adjustments you can make to EQ and not have it sound noisy.

TheGodOfRainbows

29 Dec 2022

I used to think Radical Keys was pretty good. Then I trialed this. OMG. It's beautiful, and so expressive. As was said above, this Re could cost double and it would be worth the price. It's not on sale and I don't care. What a bargain for such a pristine sounding lively work of friggin art.

I will say, I still like Radical Keys, but the Suitcase73 is serious sounding shit. Just the default preset alone is enough, then you get to tweak it in so many ways.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

04 Apr 2023

Version: 1.0.2 update. Guessing just bug fixes?
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

Steedus
Competition Winner

26 Nov 2023

Think I might grab this just for the FX/Ambient patches and sounds. I'm not a keyboard player really though so it's mostly going to go to waste. I do wish there was audio input to take advantage of the effects with other sound sources.

Steedus
Competition Winner

27 Nov 2023

A much I I love the ambient stuff I'm gonna give this a miss. But Chris if you're reading this, is adding audio in to this a possibility? - or how about a new FX only device based on these FX? I think the reverbs and the grain engine with delay is just excellent.

jfrichards

29 Nov 2023

This little comment, "the Electro Mechanical ReFill is part of the Reason Factory Soundbank" is a HUGE statement for me. I went through all 70 of the electric piano sounds in the Reason Sounds, 6 Keys and Chords, Electric Piano folder, and WOW, having played Reason every day for 20 years, I never realized how many amazing electric piano tones exist here. This directly affects my musical world because I compose a huge portion of my songs on electric piano. Thanks to everyone who added to this thread. Now I'm swimming in an ocean of great Rhodes and Wurlitzer sounds.

jfrichards

29 Nov 2023

I downloaded the Suitcase 73 trial for a month. It is truly amazing.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 Nov 2023

Can't begin to count the number of electric piano plugins I have. Soooo many.
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

crimsonwarlock

29 Nov 2023

29 Nov 2023
You have "soooo many" in any category of plugins :lol:
-------
Analog tape β‡’ ESQ1 sequencer board β‡’ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 β‡’ Atari/Cubase β‡’ Cakewalk Sonar β‡’ Orion Pro/Platinum β‡’ Reaper β‡’ Reason DAW.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 Nov 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote: ↑
29 Nov 2023
29 Nov 2023
You have "soooo many" in any category of plugins :lol:
Hmmm. That’s actually true. πŸ˜‚
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

• Information