Reason 12 with VST3 Beta has arrived

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Heater
Posts: 754
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 23 Nov 2022

Sorry Joeyluck. I forgot.

Popey
Posts: 1498
Joined: 04 Jul 2018

Post 23 Nov 2022

joeyluck wrote: ↑
23 Nov 2022
Another friendly reminder to not talk about beta specifics here. Please do that in the beta forum on the Reason Studios site :)

This thread is really only about the beta signup, questions in regards to signup, and the general update for users that VST3 support in Reason is being tested.

Thanks!
And for those of us still on r11 to speculate surely πŸ˜‚

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 10105
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 23 Nov 2022

Popey wrote: ↑
23 Nov 2022
joeyluck wrote: ↑
23 Nov 2022
Another friendly reminder to not talk about beta specifics here. Please do that in the beta forum on the Reason Studios site :)

This thread is really only about the beta signup, questions in regards to signup, and the general update for users that VST3 support in Reason is being tested.

Thanks!
And for those of us still on r11 to speculate surely πŸ˜‚
Image

User avatar
DaveyG
Posts: 1842
Joined: 03 May 2020

Post 23 Nov 2022

joeyluck wrote: ↑
23 Nov 2022

Image
I hate it when people get his name wrong.
It's Spockulate, not Speculate.

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 10105
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 23 Nov 2022

DaveyG wrote: ↑
23 Nov 2022
joeyluck wrote: ↑
23 Nov 2022

Image
I hate it when people get his name wrong.
It's Spockulate, not Speculate.
No, that's just what they say if he doesn't arrive on time :D

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 8421
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 23 Nov 2022

joeyluck wrote: ↑
23 Nov 2022
DaveyG wrote: ↑
23 Nov 2022


I hate it when people get his name wrong.
It's Spockulate, not Speculate.
No, that's just what they say if he doesn't arrive on time :D
Hahaha. Very good.
δΈ°2ΰ₯

helmutson
Posts: 205
Joined: 30 Mar 2015

Post 23 Nov 2022

I hope RS don't forget all these little GUI problems, still there in so many places.
Transport section, RE's like Umpf etc., browser icons and so on ... nothing big, but still very annoyingΒ  :(
Even if R13 is really RRP only, I want a perfect finished R12 DAW , because I have to work with it for the rest of my life ... :lol:

User avatar
Loque
Moderator
Posts: 10208
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 23 Nov 2022

Please don't ask questions about beta details. If you want answers, test it out.
Reason12, Win10

User avatar
buddard
RE Developer
Posts: 1121
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Stockholm

Post 24 Nov 2022

Loque wrote: ↑
23 Nov 2022
Please don't ask questions about beta details. If you want answers, test it out.
To be clear, my removed comment was not referring to the beta, I was asking about the statement about graphical issues with the Umpf devices (which are obviously not part of the Reason Beta). But I realize this was the wrong thread for that, so I'm following it up privately now instead.


kurtg
Posts: 33
Joined: 10 Apr 2018

Post 26 Nov 2022

I signed up 22 nov, but I guess it take some time before I get access ? Do people already have access to the beta?

best regards

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 10105
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 26 Nov 2022

kurtg wrote: ↑
26 Nov 2022
I signed up 22 nov, but I guess it take some time before I get access ? Do people already have access to the beta?

best regards
Yes, see my last post :)

Reason Studios said they are letting in people in batches.

Beta testing for VST3 support began on Monday.

The beta program is ongoing, so those who were already beta testers began testing right away. Every point update for R12 prior to this was beta tested.

User avatar
buddard
RE Developer
Posts: 1121
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Stockholm

Post 26 Nov 2022

joeyluck wrote: ↑
26 Nov 2022
kurtg wrote: ↑
26 Nov 2022
I signed up 22 nov, but I guess it take some time before I get access ? Do people already have access to the beta?

best regards
Yes, see my last post :)
I don't think the image you tried to embed in that post is visible to everybody, at least I can't see it...
Robotic Bean

Β Β 

User avatar
Aquila
Posts: 727
Joined: 21 Jan 2015

Post 26 Nov 2022

joeyluck wrote: ↑
24 Nov 2022
Cannot load Facebook SDK. Disable any adblocker or tracking protection and try again.
wut

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 10105
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 26 Nov 2022

buddard wrote: ↑
26 Nov 2022
joeyluck wrote: ↑
26 Nov 2022


Yes, see my last post :)
I don't think the image you tried to embed in that post is visible to everybody, at least I can't see it...
Thanks! Yeah I just shared the link and phpbb embeds it automatically, like youtube videos. I can see it here on Safari and Chrome, both on desktop and mobile *shrug*

But here is the link wrapped: https://www.facebook.com/reasonstudios/ ... 486441507/

Just curious, for those who can't see the Facebook posts, do you have the same issue with YouTube videos and other posts in the forum?

User avatar
buddard
RE Developer
Posts: 1121
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Stockholm

Post 26 Nov 2022

joeyluck wrote: ↑
26 Nov 2022
Just curious, for those who can't see the Facebook posts, do you have the same issue with YouTube videos and other posts in the forum?
I can see images (including gifs), Youtube and Soundcloud embeds without problems. I think it's only the Facebook embed that didn't work for me, but not sure, of course. :wink:
Robotic Bean

Β Β 

kurtg
Posts: 33
Joined: 10 Apr 2018

Post 27 Nov 2022

I also did not see your post from Facebook, I have duckduckgo privacy plugin enabled while surfing.

User avatar
mimidancer
Posts: 269
Joined: 30 Sep 2021

Post 28 Nov 2022

Heigen5 wrote: ↑
21 Nov 2022
I have no VST3s I own, but might get some free ones for the testing purposes or trials/demos! Wohooo! :clap:
Emergence is a fun free VST3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=14

User avatar
mimidancer
Posts: 269
Joined: 30 Sep 2021

Post 28 Nov 2022

Did you hear VST4 has been announced and will be live in January? Just kidding.

I know I am not funny.

User avatar
Creativemind
Posts: 4787
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Stoke-On-Trent, England, UK

Post 28 Nov 2022

jam-s wrote: ↑
21 Nov 2022
Creativemind wrote: ↑
21 Nov 2022
How long will this Beta last for roughly?

What I'm asking is, will it be tested and 12.5 be out before you break up for Christmas? I know it sounds like a tight squeeze and I'm guessing more like mid-late Jan but is 4 weeks do-able?
I suppose it depends on how many and how grave bugs are discovered during the beta. Minimum runtime of a semi-open beta would be around a month, I think.
Whether it will happen depends as you say on how many bugs are found and quashed etc but I was informed on a Reason Discord by Mattius they hope to have it out by Christmas.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.69 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Heater
Posts: 754
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 28 Nov 2022

Creativemind wrote: ↑
28 Nov 2022
jam-s wrote: ↑
21 Nov 2022


I suppose it depends on how many and how grave bugs are discovered during the beta. Minimum runtime of a semi-open beta would be around a month, I think.
Whether it will happen depends as you say on how many bugs are found and quashed etc but I was informed on a Reason Discord by Mattius they hope to have it out by Christmas.
So no native M1 support this year then 😞

User avatar
jam-s
Posts: 2369
Joined: 17 Apr 2015
Location: Aachen, Germany

Post 28 Nov 2022

Creativemind wrote: ↑
28 Nov 2022
jam-s wrote: ↑
21 Nov 2022
I suppose it depends on how many and how grave bugs are discovered during the beta. Minimum runtime of a semi-open beta would be around a month, I think.
Whether it will happen depends as you say on how many bugs are found and quashed etc but I was informed on a Reason Discord by Mattius they hope to have it out by Christmas.
Which would totally fit my guesstimate. :puf_bigsmile:

User avatar
Creativemind
Posts: 4787
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Stoke-On-Trent, England, UK

Post 28 Nov 2022

Heater wrote: ↑
28 Nov 2022
Creativemind wrote: ↑
28 Nov 2022


Whether it will happen depends as you say on how many bugs are found and quashed etc but I was informed on a Reason Discord by Mattius they hope to have it out by Christmas.
So no native M1 support this year then 😞
Doesn't look like it.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.69 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

User avatar
miscend
Posts: 1943
Joined: 09 Feb 2015

Post 28 Nov 2022

platzangst wrote: ↑
22 Nov 2022
I don't have the time to properly participate in a beta test, but I admit I am curious to find out how Reason will handle sorting between versions of plugins where both VST2 and VST3 versions are installed.
My guess is it will probably do what Cubase does. And leave it up to the user to disable plugins they don't need. Ideally when you install plugins you should decide whether you want the VST or VST3, installing both versions is redundant and wastes disk space.

User avatar
platzangst
Posts: 698
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 01 Dec 2022

miscend wrote: ↑
28 Nov 2022
Ideally when you install plugins you should decide whether you want the VST or VST3, installing both versions is redundant and wastes disk space.
If all things were equal, I would have installed only the VST3, in the assumption that those versions would in some way be superior. But I use Reason, with a little Reaper on the side. VST for Reason, VST3 for Reaper. Assuming the VST3 rollout works well, I could from that point just install the VST3 version only. Until then...

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: Electric-Metal, Trendiction [Bot] and 4 guests