Can I have Chord Sequencer in Ableton without Reason+ subscription ?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
DrLegnakrad

22 Nov 2022

Hello,
I wanted to buy the Chord Sequencer plugin with the black friday offer, but I use Ableton and I need the Reason Rack plugin. I have subscribed to the first month of Reason+ for 1 euro.

When the month is over, will I still have the Reason Rack plugin and be able to use Chord Sequencer if I buy it now for 50 euros, or will I no longer be able to use it if I am not subscribed. I am not interested in paying 20 euro a month just for that plugin.

Thank you very much. :-)

jam-s

22 Nov 2022

Unless you are an active subscriber or have a perpetual license for at least Reason 10 you won't be able to use it.

deeplink
Competition Winner

22 Nov 2022

If you dont want to go the subscription route,

Then you will need to buy R12 perpetual licence, and then seperately buy Chord Seqeuncer

The subscription for me is a no brainer
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

Yonatan

22 Nov 2022

Subscription for that purpose is best to have at 50%! off deal as now at Black Week. They probably will release some other new player within that year.
€19/month can be harder to justify if not also a DAW user.

DaveyG

22 Nov 2022

DrLegnakrad wrote:
22 Nov 2022
Hello,
I wanted to buy the Chord Sequencer plugin with the black friday offer, but I use Ableton and I need the Reason Rack plugin. I have subscribed to the first month of Reason+ for 1 euro.

When the month is over, will I still have the Reason Rack plugin and be able to use Chord Sequencer if I buy it now for 50 euros, or will I no longer be able to use it if I am not subscribed. I am not interested in paying 20 euro a month just for that plugin.

As other have stated you need to rent or buy Reason to user the chord sequencer.

A few on here, and I'm one of them, are of the opinion that Reason Studios should offer an empty Rack Plugin for free or at very low cost so that people can buy just one or two Rack Extensions and use them in other DAWs. It would boost sales and boost the RE market. Win-win.

Yonatan

22 Nov 2022

DaveyG wrote:
22 Nov 2022
DrLegnakrad wrote:
22 Nov 2022
Hello,

As other have stated you need to rent or buy Reason to user the chord sequencer.

A few on here, and I'm one of them, are of the opinion that Reason Studios should offer an empty Rack Plugin for free or at very low cost so that people can buy just one or two Rack Extensions and use them in other DAWs. It would boost sales and boost the RE market. Win-win.
Yes, I also agree that would be a win-win.
I am Reason DAW user but I surely think the RE shop would get a huge boost if they offer an empty rack for those that want to buy or subscrbe to separate RE’s. The amount of people reached would probably generate more income than RS might think. And RE developers would also get more inspired to put out special RE’s that can get attention from outside Reason ecosystem. If not free so at least very affordable fee. Just having so many more registered users would also be a target for some offers to try Reason+ too.

Jackjackdaw

22 Nov 2022

Yeah I think shutting down Reason light was a bad idea. But they want people on R+ So they make any other route prohibitively expensive.

joeyluck

22 Nov 2022

DrLegnakrad wrote:
22 Nov 2022
Hello,

As mentioned, you'll need access to Reason either via Reason+ or a perpetual license.

Keep in mind that if you subscribe to Reason+, Chord Sequencer is included.
Currently it's 50% off the Annual subscription for $100.
Or 50% off monthly for the first 6 months for $10/month and then $20/month after.

There is also a promo for 6 months free of Reason+ if you own select Akai, Alesis, or M-Audio hardware:
https://www.reasonstudios.com/press/342 ... o-hardware

If you go the perpetual route, Chord Sequencer will be a separate purchase.
Currently Reason is on sale for $349 and as you know, Chord Sequencer is on sale for $45.

DrLegnakrad

22 Nov 2022

Thank you all very much for your answers, they have been very helpful. :-)
DaveyG wrote:
22 Nov 2022

yes, I think it would be a great idea :thumbs_up:

cocoazenith

22 Nov 2022

Doesn't Chord Sequencer work in Reason 11/10 Lite as well?

jam-s

22 Nov 2022

cocoazenith wrote:
22 Nov 2022
Yes, it does.

PhillipOrdonez

22 Nov 2022

cocoazenith wrote:
22 Nov 2022
It does, but op is looking to use it in the RRP, not standalone.

cocoazenith

23 Nov 2022

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
22 Nov 2022
It does, but op is looking to use it in the RRP, not standalone.
As far as I remember Reason 11 Lite did include the RRP plugin.
So the OP can pay only $10 for Reason 11 Lite from forums/ebay and buy Chord Sequencer for $50 during the current Black Friday sale.
This way he gets away with only a $60 bill and the possibility of further expansion with other Players/Effects.
DrLegnakrad wrote:
22 Nov 2022
I wanted to buy the Chord Sequencer plugin with the black friday offer.
If I were you I'd secure Chord Seq now and wait to get a 2nd hand Reason 11 Lite after. I remember more than one threads on KVR with people selling it.

• Information