Is is possible to have a start up template with Q-Record already set?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Heater

22 Nov 2022

Just mucking about with profiles and work flows.

Is it possible?

pushedbutton

22 Nov 2022

I assume so but it's probably easier to check than to make a thread about it, wait for people to troll your thread, get bored of doing that then eventually get a definitive answer.
(spoiler - the answer is yes)
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

Heater

22 Nov 2022

pushedbutton wrote:
22 Nov 2022
Any pointers on how to go about it? I'm not getting much luck.

pushedbutton

22 Nov 2022

you save a file with q-record enabled then set it as your template file.
not really sure why this would be a special case.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

Heater

23 Nov 2022

pushedbutton wrote:
22 Nov 2022
you save a file with q-record enabled then set it as your template file.
not really sure why this would be a special case.
Thanks. Got there in the end. Didn't realise I had to change the suffix to .rsndemo

dan_g

23 Nov 2022

Heater wrote:
23 Nov 2022
Thanks. Got there in the end. Didn't realise I had to change the suffix to .rsndemo
as far as i know its not necesarry to rename it. i use a normal .reason file as my template with no problems since forever.

BR,
Daniel
:reason: :record: :re: :refill: :ignition: - 12 - Hobbyist
minimal techno - deep minimal dubstep - drum 'n' bass/neurofunk - brostep/deathstep - band recording

New Release: https://open.spotify.com/track/5mQ1XEQtZcVeFVfZvcS5kw

PropitiousME

23 Nov 2022

pushedbutton wrote:
22 Nov 2022
I assume so but it's probably easier to check than to make a thread about it, wait for people to troll your thread, get bored of doing that then eventually get a definitive answer.
I'd have spit coffee out if I was drinking any... I follow a lot of forums, but I've just come to the conclusion all Reasoners are f**cking savage. If someone thinks they aren't, all I can say is give it time. :lol: At least you helped the guy. :clap:

Heater

23 Nov 2022

dan_g wrote:
23 Nov 2022
Heater wrote:
23 Nov 2022
as far as i know its not necesarry to rename it. i use a normal .reason file as my template with no problems since forever.

BR,
Daniel
Interesting. I'll give it a go.

selig
RE Developer

23 Nov 2022

Heater wrote:
23 Nov 2022
dan_g wrote:
23 Nov 2022

BR,
Daniel
Interesting. I'll give it a go.
You don’t need to create a “template”, which CAN be handy for other things. Rather, what you want sounds like a “Default Song”. This is the song that is opened automatically when you create “NEW SONG”. Templates have to be opened manually each time.
To make a “startup song” all you need to do is open a new song, make the changes you want (I also reduce click level and load up a very simple mastering combinator and set meters to VU + Peak etc.). Then save it with a useful name (My current is “Startup_12) then go into your PREFS and on the General tab click the folder icon under “Default Song:” and select the song file you just created.

That’s it - from now on, all those settings (including Q RECORD if you selected it) will be applied to every new ‘empty’ song file when created (and when Reason first starts). You can also include instruments etc. if they are things you always need - SUPER handy, and something every DAW should have IMO.
Selig Audio, LLC

Heater

23 Nov 2022

selig wrote:
23 Nov 2022
Then save it with a useful name (My current is “Startup_12) then go into your PREFS and on the General tab click the folder icon under “Default Song:” and select the song file you just created.
Perfect selig. Just what I wanted.

selig
RE Developer

23 Nov 2022

Heater wrote:
23 Nov 2022
selig wrote:
23 Nov 2022
Then save it with a useful name (My current is “Startup_12) then go into your PREFS and on the General tab click the folder icon under “Default Song:” and select the song file you just created.
Additional tip: put this file in a memorable place so you can update it easily as needed. I put it at the top of my ReFill folder, using an underscore ("_") to force it to the top of the list. I don't often need it, but hate to waste time looking for things in the heat of the moment.
Selig Audio, LLC

Heater

23 Nov 2022

selig wrote:
23 Nov 2022
Heater wrote:
23 Nov 2022

Additional tip: put this file in a memorable place so you can update it easily as needed. I put it at the top of my ReFill folder, using an underscore ("_") to force it to the top of the list. I don't often need it, but hate to waste time looking for things in the heat of the moment.
Another useful tip. Thanks.

• Information